Justin Jackson

He seems to have found his stroke. There is really no reason why he can't start knocking them down in the regular season. If he can get us 15ppg that'd be beautiful.

Has his 3pt atroke changed any anyway to get more arch on his shot?

His handle looks improved which is allowing him to do more and score more consistently. I like it

Jackson has done a great job becoming more aggressive. However, I'm still not sold on him as our starting SF. He's not going to be getting 15 shots a game next year, so can he contribute elsewhere?

Today he had 20pts, but only 2rebs and 0asts. Against the Lakers he had 28pts, but only 4rebs and 2 asts.

When Jackson is hot on offense, he's a big contributor. However, when he can't get his offense going, he needs to find other ways to contribute. I would like to see him bring that same aggressiveness on the boards and defense.

This has been a good SL for Jackson nonetheless.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Jackson has done a great job becoming more aggressive. However, I'm still not sold on him as our starting SF. He's not going to be getting 15 shots a game next year, so can he contribute elsewhere?

Today he had 20pts, but only 2rebs and 0asts. Against the Lakers he had 28pts, but only 4rebs and 2 asts.

When Jackson is hot on offense, he's a big contributor. However, when he can't get his offense going, he needs to find other ways to contribute. I would like to see him bring that same aggressiveness on the boards and defense.

This has been a good SL for Jackson nonetheless.
It's hard to get assists when you aren't getting the ball that much. When he got it, he shot it.

He's looking good. Have to have realistic expectations though. If he's a 4th - 5th option on offense, we can't be upset if he's not averaging 20ppg like he is in SL. Also, he's going into his 2nd year in NBA, no matter his age. As Kings fans, we've complained about the team not developing players, but also want to label a guy a bust after a year before he's had a chance to develop. We can't have it both ways. Let the man get in there and find a comfort zone with the understanding that he's a 2nd year player and will round out in the next 2-3 years. The only reason we need him to be at full potential immediately is if we're making a playoff run. Which we're not. He's shown in SL that he's improving. Now give the man his minutes.

He did really good in SL for sure but lets be realistic, its SL. If he didnt do good in SL as a sophomore, most of us would have said hes done. I would say he definitely gained confidence and improved. 10ppg 35% 3pt should be what hes aiming for at the minimum for his 2nd year as a player. 15ppg or these other projections are too homerish considering we have Fox, Bagley, Bog, and Hield that are going to be getting most.of the shots.

He did really good in SL for sure but lets be realistic, its SL. If he didnt do good in SL as a sophomore, most of us would have said hes done. I would say he definitely gained confidence and improved. 10ppg 35% 3pt should be what hes aiming for at the minimum for his 2nd year as a player. 15ppg or these other projections are too homerish considering we have Fox, Bagley, Bog, and Hield that are going to be getting most.of the shots.
Well it was certainly more encouraging than what we saw from Skal and PappaG the year before. He has to shoot the three at 36-38% and play good defense.

That being said he only shot 31.9% from 3 for all of Summer League. So he still has a long way to go.

Last edited:
Seems to be more comfortable when he gets more shots. Could be a guy that can come of the bench and be more of a focal point on offense for the second unit.
Agreed. If this is the real JJ then I’m all for it. And if that’s the case, then Buddy Hield needs to be a starter for us

Allow me to give a bit of advice as we enter the TDOS and summer doldrums to long-suffering Kings fans:

Do NOT invest emotionally in G-Leaguer Jackson. You will spare yourself a bit of psychological pain and frustration if you write this guy off NOW, if you recognize this bum with the nice guy persona is NOT the real deal. He is a FAKE. In his "coming out party" this summer he made 2 assists in 4 games. Pathetic! He shot 42% FGs during his "emergence". Pathetic! Add G-Leaguer to the scrap heap of BUSTS to go with Jimmer, Nik Rocks, T-Rob, Malachi and Papa G. They can't all be home runs. Unfortunately too many are strike outs on three pitches without the bat leaving the shoulder. G-Leaguer is the equivalent of the baseball player who watches three balls down the center of the plate and cannot not only make contact, the ball is in the catchers glove before his swing is complete.

G-Leaguer has a GREAT career ahead of him....in CHINA. Maybe. We could have had Kuzma or OG and any GM worth his weight in wisdom or foresight would have made the right call. This is NOT post hoc rear view mirror analysis. I took one look at Jackson pre-draft and forgot all about him 5 minutes later! I only was not outspoken at the time because I was so excited and content with the selection of De'Aaron. Fox and Bagley two years in a row is a glorious thing that will keep me hooked on this team for year to come. The payoff is coming in spite of the challenges....

We do NOT have a good GM. We have a guy who lucked his way into hire on the precipice of a public relations disaster in form of sleaze ball snake pretender PDA. Vlade got the job NOT because he was qualified. He was in the right place in the right time to replace a phony. He was a NAME to replace an NO name with low character and IQ. The irony of this is this dubious GM is that he may have WON the biggest trade in franchise history in exchanging Boogie for Buddy and Giles, but thats a topic for another pending 3,000 - 5,000 word Blob post: The Trade Revisited. :p .

I have a lot to say about Boogie to the Warriors. It is an unbelievable story and my brain is exploding with ideas I want to express soon. My head hurts with so much I want to say! I am not going to go there now because it will take up too much of my Saturday night that I cannot afford.

Until then I offer GOOD news: Do NOT sleep on Mason. This kid is the REAL deal. Where I have a 0-10% confidence in G-Leaguer I have 80-90% confidence in Mason. The only reason I do not say 100% confidence is finishing ability when he gets into the lane. I am willing to excuse his struggles towards the end of last season due to plantar fasciitis (foot arch pain). Go back and watch the last game he played in summer league and you will see a guy who shredded the opponent the whole time he was on the floor. No one else will offer this perspective. That's because they were likely buying into the misguided consensus, the same misguided consensus who anointed Luka as the Second Coming of Larry Bird. (LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL).

It is a GOOD time to be a Kings Fan. We have a CORE of SIX by last count (Buddy, Fox, Boggy, Mason, Giles, Bagley). We struck out on LaVine. Unfortunately. But at least we did NOT give 2 / 40M to Jabari.

We need to find a new home for Willie. We need to find a wing to supplant G-Leaguer. I commend Vlade for keeping his powder dry, for patience and not jumping into something desperate. Patience will be rewarded. Wait, wait, wait then pounce. This is what a panther does to capture its prey. Do NOT do something just to act. That is what losers do. Your primary plan was foiled (LaVine). That's okay. S**t happens. We got Bagley. We didn't get LaVine. We have 20M in cap space. We are the ONLY team with as much flexibility. This a good place to be.

There's work to be done by the players and front office. But NO reason to panic. We are SIX deep with cash to spend. I like where we are at. Until no-brainer presents itself, DO NOTHING. Finding new home for Willie is prudent with upgrade on wing. This is where our attention needs to lie. Be patient and this opportunity will come. When the irresistible offer presents itself act. Until then, enjoy the summer weather breeze and possibility for glory days.

Allow me to give a bit of advice as we enter the TDOS and summer doldrums to long-suffering Kings fans:

Do NOT invest emotionally in G-Leaguer Jackson. You will spare yourself a bit of psychological pain and frustration if you write this guy off NOW, if you recognize this bum with the nice guy persona is NOT the real deal. He is a FAKE. In his "coming out party" this summer he made 2 assists in 4 games. Pathetic! He shot 42% FGs during his "emergence". Pathetic! Add G-Leaguer to the scrap heap of BUSTS to go with Jimmer, Nik Rocks, T-Rob, Malachi and Papa G. They can't all be home runs. Unfortunately too many are strike outs on three pitches without the bat leaving the shoulder. G-Leaguer is the equivalent of the baseball player who watches three balls down the center of the plate and cannot not only make contact, the ball is in the catchers glove before his swing is complete.

G-Leaguer has a GREAT career ahead of him....in CHINA. Maybe. We could have had Kuzma or OG and any GM worth his weight in wisdom or foresight would have made the right call. This is NOT post hoc rear view mirror analysis. I took one look at Jackson pre-draft and forgot all about him 5 minutes later! I only was not outspoken at the time because I was so excited and content with the selection of De'Aaron. Fox and Bagley two years in a row is a glorious thing that will keep me hooked on this team for year to come. The payoff is coming in spite of the challenges....

We do NOT have a good GM. We have a guy who lucked his way into hire on the precipice of a public relations disaster in form of sleaze ball snake pretender PDA. Vlade got the job NOT because he was qualified. He was in the right place in the right time to replace a phony. He was a NAME to replace an NO name with low character and IQ. The irony of this is this dubious GM is that he may have WON the biggest trade in franchise history in exchanging Boogie for Buddy and Giles, but thats a topic for another pending 3,000 - 5,000 word Blob post: The Trade Revisited. :p .

I have a lot to say about Boogie to the Warriors. It is an unbelievable story and my brain is exploding with ideas I want to express soon. My head hurts with so much I want to say! I am not going to go there now because it will take up too much of my Saturday night that I cannot afford.

Until then I offer GOOD news: Do NOT sleep on Mason. This kid is the REAL deal. Where I have a 0-10% confidence in G-Leaguer I have 80-90% confidence in Mason. The only reason I do not say 100% confidence is finishing ability when he gets into the lane. I am willing to excuse his struggles towards the end of last season due to plantar fasciitis (foot arch pain). Go back and watch the last game he played in summer league and you will see a guy who shredded the opponent the whole time he was on the floor. No one else will offer this perspective. That's because they were likely buying into the misguided consensus, the same misguided consensus who anointed Luka as the Second Coming of Larry Bird. (LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL).

It is a GOOD time to be a Kings Fan. We have a CORE of SIX by last count (Buddy, Fox, Boggy, Mason, Giles, Bagley). We struck out on LaVine. Unfortunately. But at least we did NOT give 2 / 40M to Jabari.

We need to find a new home for Willie. We need to find a wing to supplant G-Leaguer. I commend Vlade for keeping his powder dry, for patience and not jumping into something desperate. Patience will be rewarded. Wait, wait, wait then pounce. This is what a panther does to capture its prey. Do NOT do something just to act. That is what losers do. Your primary plan was foiled (LaVine). That's okay. S**t happens. We got Bagley. We didn't get LaVine. We have 20M in cap space. We are the ONLY team with as much flexibility. This a good place to be.

There's work to be done by the players and front office. But NO reason to panic. We are SIX deep with cash to spend. I like where we are at. Until no-brainer presents itself, DO NOTHING. Finding new home for Willie is prudent with upgrade on wing. This is where our attention needs to lie. Be patient and this opportunity will come. When the irresistible offer presents itself act. Until then, enjoy the summer weather breeze and possibility for glory days.
I'm in the contrary with you. I like Justin and wouldn't lose a wink of sleep if we cut Mason tonight. I'm also for giving WCS another season.

I'm in the contrary with you. I like Justin and wouldn't lose a wink of sleep if we cut Mason tonight. I'm also for giving WCS another season.
Mason is really good. I don't want to debate G-Leaguer or Willie. I am talked out on them. But Mason is really good. He defends and gets into the lane over and over. If you have last Kings summer league game on DVR go back and watch and study him. He completely SHUT DOWN his opponent and created good shot for himself over teammate. What more do you want?! The question I have is his ability to finish in the lane but because of his foot injury I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He will be a VERY good backup PG. I say this with confidence. There is ZERO chance we cut him tonight or in foreseeable future.

Mason is really good. I don't want to debate G-Leaguer or Willie. I am talked out on them. But Mason is really good. He defends and gets into the lane over and over. If you have last Kings summer league game on DVR go back and watch and study him. He completely SHUT DOWN his opponent and created good shot for himself over teammate. What more do you want?! The question I have is his ability to finish in the lane but because of his foot injury I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He will be a VERY good backup PG. I say this with confidence. There is ZERO chance we cut him tonight or in foreseeable future.
As you typed that Mason drove the lane and missed his lay up. ;)

I’m no big fan of Jackson’s, and I disagree with you about Frank Mason, but the absolute certainty with which you prognosticate is really overbearing at times. Your propensity for silly and derisive nicknames, as well as the overuse of all-caps emphasis, is bombastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blob, I know you only pass by here onice n a while but I hope you read this.

Your comments and judgement concerning JJ are a total waste on me because I have been n his camp as a potential success as a starter at the SF position since the beginning of last year. He has done nothing to discourage my view or him, even hs poor shooting for much of last season.

You said you didn’t want to discuss him and that’s just fine. You better keep an eye on him though because you might “miss the train”.u