Just for fun, here's all the guys we've passed on from 2005-onward!

I love to do this! After enduring typing all of these names, I'll get a kick out of watching your reactions!
David Lee
Brandon Bass
Monta Ellis
Louis Williams
Marcin Gortat
Kyle Lowry
Paul Millsap
Thaddeus Young
Wilson Chandler
Aaron Afflalo
Tiago Splitter
Marc Gasol
Roy Hibbert
JaVale freakin McGee
Serge Ibaka
Nicholas Batum
Nikola Pekovic
Mario Chalmers
DeAndre Jordan
Omer Asik
Ricky Rubio
Stephen Curry
DeMar DeRozan
Brandon Jennings
Tyler Hansbrough
Jrue Holiday
Ty Lawson
Jeff Teague
Had enough? There's more!
Taj Gibson
DeJuan Blair
Greg Monroe
Paul George
LARRY SANDERS
Greivis Vasquez
Brandon Knight
Kemba Walker
Klay Thompson
Kawhi Leonard
Nikola Vucevic
Iman Shumpert
Kenneth Faried
Jimmy Butler
Chandler Parsons
Damian Lillard (wince)
Harrison Barnes
Andre Drummond
Moe Harkless
Andrew Nicholson
Jared Sullinger
Orlando Johnson
*GASP* That...was......LIFE THREATENING.

Oh, and just for fun, here's a couple more from pre-2005:
Carlos Boozer
Luis Scola
Gilbert Arenas
Michael Redd
Manu Ginobli
Dirk Nowitzki
Paul Pierce
Rashard Lewis
Steve Nash
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Derek Fisher
Jalen Rose
Robert Horry
Dikembe Mutombo
Rick Fox
Tim Hardaway
Kevin Johnson (OMG!!!)
Dennis Rodman
Chris Mullin
Karl Malone(Facepalm)

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
One can make a list like this for practically every NBA team, so I'm not entirely sure what the point is.

Well, we technically drafted Orlando Johnson, but we traded him to Indiana for pennies. A shame too, he was 16th in my mock, we drafted him 35thish, and not surprisingly he's producing for them.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Most of these names have been bandied about for a long time, and I doubt you find anyone shocked by them. Especially on this fourm....

I actually really enjoy these types of lists. Shows how little scouts are able to predict sometimes.

Personally, I think we have done pretty well in 90% of drafts we participate in in the GP era. The only prospects I regret drafting were Jimmer (not a Petrie type of pick IMO), and TRob. Jimmer's draft was full of bad players at our pick spot, Kawhi Leonard was probably the right pick, and Damian Lillard stings a little.

some of those names elicit a solid "meh" from me, some were overlooked by not just us but pretty much the entire league and in some cases we actually drafted a better player over them. of course there are a few names that cause pain, but drafting badly has not been as big a concern as other things with the Kings.

Well, drafts 2011 and 2012 really sting with very good and obvious prospects(SF and front court partner for Boogie). Before that it's mostly "meh" indeed.