Joerger clarifies comment! (New thread so nobody misses it)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Uh... I switched from the Bucks/Pistons game over to y'all's pre-game to hear these comments, and now I have more (albeit unrelated) questions: Kozimor said that Joerger went to Concordia College, and that they played in the MEAC? Is there a second MEAC that I don't know about, or is there something about Dave Joerger's ancestry that I don't know about? o_O

Uh... I switched from the Bucks/Pistons game over to y'all's pre-game to hear these comments, and now I have more (albeit unrelated) questions: Kozimor said that Joerger went to Concordia College, and that they played in the MEAC? Is there a second MEAC that I don't know about, or is there something about Dave Joerger's ancestry that I don't know about? o_O
I'm assuming the Concordia under discussion is the defunct one in Alabama. I can't find demographics on their former student body, but Howard University has something on the order of 10-12% pale students, and Concordia was probably similar.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I'm assuming the Concordia under discussion is the defunct one in Alabama. I can't find demographics on their former student body, but Howard University has something on the order of 10-12% pale students, and Concordia was probably similar.
According to Doctor Internet, the Concordia College that Joerger matriculated from is in Moorhead, Minnesota. I know that these conference realignments are getting out of hand, but that's still a hell of a drive.

And yeah, I'm aware that HBCU doesn't mean exclusively Black. Hell, there's an HBCU somewhere in West Virginia that's, like, ninety-something percent white; most of the residents weren't aware that it was an HBCU. But most Historically Black colleges have at least been situated in places where there have, historically, been Black people.

According to Doctor Internet, the Concordia College that Joerger matriculated from is in Moorhead, Minnesota. I know that these conference realignments are getting out of hand, but that's still a hell of a drive.

And yeah, I'm aware that HBCU doesn't mean exclusively Black. Hell, there's an HBCU somewhere in West Virginia that's, like, ninety-something percent white; most of the residents weren't aware that it was an HBCU. But most Historically Black colleges have at least been situated in places where there have, historically, been Black people.
Didn't hear Koz's comment, but Concordia College (in Moorhead) is in the MIAC conference (Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference).

the Concordia College that Joerger matriculated from is in Moorhead, Minnesota.
If Doctor Internet got that right, then I have to agree that it makes no sense whatsoever for a private Minnesota school to have been in the MEAC. On the other hand, Doctor Internet tells me that the Minnesota Concordia belongs to the statewide MIAC, which probably solves this mystery.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I bet BSPN won't even acknowledge that Coach clarified his comments and there was no veiled shot at the F.O.

It just show the national bias against the Kings!
I don't know how you're quantifying "BSPN," but it's one of the Top 3 headlines on ESPN's website right now, as well as the app.

I don't know how you're quantifying "BSPN," but it's one of the Top 3 headlines on ESPN's website right now, as well as the app.
That's good to know, since they had it blazed across their website that Joeger was taking a "veiled shot" at the F.O. yesterday. Some other websites also picked up on their misinformed story yesterday. So they are trying to undo some of their damage from their misconceived report.