Joe Dumars leaves Kings organization to take VP role with the NBA

Good thing or bad thing?

• Total voters

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
In my head canon, Dumars got a gentleman’s exit for pushing Mark Jackson forward as a finalist for the HC job.
One can hope. I really don't know what Dumars did or didn't do while he was here, but his departure at least removes one variable from all decisions moving forward, so that's good.

The_Jamal

Hall of Famer
****ing finally.

Gets one competing decision maker out of the way and can be at least a bit more confident that decisions moving forward are Monte's. 2 years too late, but we're finally starting to act like a competent organization that's letting the GM build his own power structure and not inherit his predecessors.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
in the great shadow conspiracy land Ken C was forced upon us by the NBA because Vlade was so bad and with Dumars going to an NBA executive job I guess Dumars was also forced on us by the NBA.

but he's probably going to continue secretly running the team :D

Do NOT hire a replacement. Remove the position entirely. Monte needs to give Vivek some crayons and tell Vivek if he wants to talk to someone about basketball then talk to him or Wes.

I said YES for the Kings but would have put No for the league. But to me, Kings are more important than the league, so Yes wins.

This is a nothing burger. Do you think this will somehow stop Vivek from calling him? lol. We have reports that he called other teams GMs to inquire about trades.

Yhall know Gentry, Brad Miller, or Kenny Thomas is sliding into that role next, right? Lolzzzzz
I think you need to expand your list... only Gentry has ties to the Warriors organization. New Chief Strategy Officer Monte Ellis has a nice ring to it...