[Game] Jazz @ Kings - 2/9/13

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There's a lot of buzz in the air about tonight's game. The fans will be out in force, starting with a tailgate party. Since News10 is broadcasting the game, we can be sure of getting some media exposure. Let's just hope all the stars align and the team and fans can combine to get a win for everybody!

GO KINGS!!!

Last edited:

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Quick question here. I live in the Fresno area and normally watch the games on CSN. I am willing to pick up league pass for the game tonight but I was wondering if the game will be blacked out down here?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Great coverage tonight so far by News10. They just said they'll be going live to SleepTrain at 6:30 for their "Sports Extra" show before the game. Looks like we're being well represented and there's the sound of cowbells in the air. News10 is saying tonight can send an important message to the NBA, reminding them that Sacramento fans have remained loyal to their team through all the uncertainty.

We are Kings fans!

Great coverage tonight so far by News10. They just said they'll be going live to SleepTrain at 6:30 for their "Sports Extra" show before the game. Looks like we're being well represented and there's the sound of cowbells in the air. News10 is saying tonight can send an important message to the NBA, reminding them that Sacramento fans have remained loyal to their team through all the uncertainty.

We are Kings fans!
Awesome

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Great interview with KJ, who says the fight to keep the Kings from going to Anaheim was hard and the fight to get an arena deal was hard. He said that after the arena deal fell through, he knew they needed answers to two questions: 1. Would the Maloofs sell? and 2. What would their price be? Since they now know the answer to both those questions, he has faith in the people of Sacramento that they can get the job done and KEEP THE KINGS. In the background, you could hear chants of "Sac-ra-men-to!" You can already sense that this is gonna be like the days of old, when Arco rocked and shook the world. I've been there for playoff games and it looks as though tonight will be just as intense.

WE ARE (stomp, stomp, stomp) KINGS FANS!!!

Game is watchable tonight, which is really nice! Can't wait until we develop a way to close out quarters with a set play where we get some ball movement.

The last possession of the quarter exposes how poorly coached this team is
I don't really get it, it's like the only way we know to run out the clock and take a shot is by making one player control the ball for the entire possession. Kinda feels like lazy coaching to me. Much easier to tell one guy to take the ball and leave no time on the clock after he shoots than run a play that does the same.

Game is watchable tonight, which is really nice! Can't wait until we develop a way to close out quarters with a set play where we get some ball movement.
Agreed! Most of the problems are still there, but I can ignore those if we're playing high energy/intensity on both ends

12 assists for the Kings. That's a tad unusual.
That's what happens when Cousins takes 2 shots instead of the usual 5-6 in a quarter I think. If he is passing it to someone they are normally open because of the attention he draws leading to what should be a high assist percentage.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Is Brooks available tonight? Have to say I don't mind Jimmer getting his minutes...
Especially the way this game is going. IT and Jimmer are starting very well. No need to jam in a third guard in that spot when you have two that are already doing just fine.