Jason Thompson

If Vlade shakes up the roster leaving a hole at a big man spot currently occupied by KK, wouldn't JT be a decent signing short term? would JT even be an upgrade to KK?

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
It's a shame about Jason really, he could've been so much more if his Basketball IQ was higher. He battled and hustled everynight and was someone you could count on to play hard defense and grab rebounds. Unfortunately for all the good he did he would do an equal amount of bad, we seem to acquire many players like that.

JT an Upgrade over Koufos? Seriously?
That's not even worth a discussion. KK would be one of the first bigs off the bench for nearly every NBA team, while JT couldn't even make a roster.
Before we sign JT again, we should looking at D-leagers and undrafted guys for someone, who can play defense versus multiple positions and can hit a three.

JT isnt the answer, im suggesting him as only a cheap stop gap...maybe someone from the D leagues would be better long term, but if we are trying to win short term i dont think you will get much better than JT from anyone else you can sign off the street....the last year he was here he played some good defense and was a decent rebounder....his main problem was his BBIQ which lead him to believe he was capable offensively of a lot more than he was leading to some dumb stuff. But he didnt fit any worse than KK does next to cousins. If he has been humbled by the last few years and would accept a limited Offensive role and focus on boards and rebounding i dont see why he would be so aweful to fill KK's shoes in a senario KK is traded and we are short a big

I really hope this is a joke. There's a reason JT went to China instead of signing with another NBA team. Calling him a possible upgrade to Kosta is an insult.
I mean to say NEXT to Cuz JT may be a better fit in the spot than KK....NOT JT is better than KK

To clarify, im not suggesting we clear a spot to bring in old JT just for the heck of it....it would be in response to a trade involving KK that improves another spot but leavea us with a hole next to Cousins...because of that potential hole we may pass on the deal....in this case I suggest we bring in JT and now the hole is filled with not a big difference from when KK was in that spot next to DMC.

Last edited: