Jason Jones: Why Fox will only play 1 summer league game this year

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Some hard hitting journalism by Jones on that one.... :rolleyes:
I've been as critical of Jones (and possibly more so) than almost anyone else here, but it's not meant to be an in-depth piece. It's merely an answer to a question that's being asked. I have no problem at all with it.

I'm cutting Jason some slack for the simple reason that he has, for the past year or so, really stepped up his game as far as objectively reporting the Kings news. It's actually a nice change from the stuff we got from AV and the stuff other beat writers (R.E. Graswich comes to mind) fed us on a continuing basis.

Got no issue with that. I’ve seen what I needed to see from him. He’s going to be a problem for the league. Will justify why the team didn’t want to take the ball out of his hands.

Achilles injuries tend to lead to a rupture, if not dealt with very carefully. And this would mean end of the season. So they better be very careful with this.

Jones is so knowledgeable. He and Ham really have their finger on the pulse of the franchise.

So far we've learned that when Fox misses two out of three games, that means he only played in one game.

Also, BREAKING: Jabari Parker is a power forward. More at 7.

It was rumored that Fox wouldn't play any summer league games at all.

I think the Kings probably put the old guilt trip on him to play at least the 1st game of the inaugural California Classic, to give the fans a show and something to get excited about. ;)

All in all, Fox looked really good. He has definitely gotten stronger. He needs to work on his body and his 3 point shot this summer and he should be ready to take a big step forward next season. :)

BTW, you can see how much better Bagley and Giles looked with Fox running the show. That is what we should look forward to this season! :)