Jason Jones has to go!!!!!!

This guy is a total worthless dbag from SoCal and he needs to go. He's always anti north teams and he's just a jerk. After Ankiel hit that HR he twittered something at Aubrey Huff's cousin who said Huff was gonna win the game like"I'm glad he didn't". Seriously every friggin Giants fan's heart had to be on the floor after that and this DBag is going to rub it in our face? I know my problem with him doesn't really have to do with the Kings at the moment, but the guy is just a slimeball and a jerk and I can't believe this POS is the Kings beat writer. I know people here like VF before have met him and said he's a jerk. I can't believe such a worthless POS is our beat writer. Just wish he would go away. He's trash.

pdxKingsFan

Hall of Famer
Being a Lakers fan definitely isn't cool but I don't see why he should be under any obligation to favor the Giants, they aren't in Sacramento and there is another NorCal team with a farm club in Sacramento among other reasons.

But yeah that was a sucky loss. :(

Being a Lakers fan definitely isn't cool but I don't see why he should be under any obligation to favor the Giants, they aren't in Sacramento and there is another NorCal team with a farm club in Sacramento among other reasons.

He's just an arrogant jerk and whenever something bad happens in NorCal sports he likes to rub it in. He enjoys rubbing in the Lakers victories and stuff too.

Agreed, BM52. Insert "NYC" instead of "SoCal," insert "arrogant jerk" for another Jason Jones type by the name of Howdy Dooty Peaches - and you'd totally nail crap load we are forced to put up with from our "best" local sports mouths.

The Giants is the most popular baseball team in Sacramento by far and it is a baseball town for Pete's sake. It is not just a team from SF, it is our team also, it is a NorCal team. You know little about Sacramento.

WRT Jason Jones, this fat buffoon has to go - NO DOUBTS!!! The Ankiel things was absolutely horrible. I mean, to hear that from a local beat writer?!?! Thank you, Sacramento Bee.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
So apparently beat writers cannot have opinions?

Now I'm not saying that is was cool of him to do or anything but really, you're making it seem like he took a dump on city hall (which I would encourage all Kings fans to do btw) or burnt down the Squeeze Inn or something of that sort.

Just because you're a Giants fan and he isn't isn't necessarily a reason to get rid of a guy.

I would also like to add that Amick's post LAker game articles were more partial to the team from LA than Jones's articles were last year.

So apparently beat writers cannot have opinions?

Now I'm not saying that is was cool of him to do or anything but really, you're making it seem like he took a dump on city hall (which I would encourage all Kings fans to do btw) or burnt down the Squeeze Inn or something of that sort.

Just because you're a Giants fan and he isn't isn't necessarily a reason to get rid of a guy.

I would also like to add that Amick's post LAker game articles were more partial to the team from LA than Jones's articles were last year.

He does not have to be a fan (even though I would like local beat writers NOT to support our archenemies like LA Lakers and LA Dodgers) but you do not make mordant comments about local teams. You don't sh*t where you eat.

pdxKingsFan

Hall of Famer
The Giants is the most popular baseball team in Sacramento by far and it is a baseball town for Pete's sake. It is not just a team from SF, it is our team also, it is a NorCal team. You know little about Sacramento.
Give me a break, I only lived there for the better part of 20 years and I know that for many of those years the A's were the most popular team in town including the 89 Series. Its not a one team town by any stretch of the imagination.

Give me a break, I only lived there for the better part of 20 years and I know that for many of those years the A's were the most popular team in town including the 89 Series. Its not a one team town by any stretch of the imagination.
I will not give you a break and the A's is not the #1 team in here.

I don't care if Jason Jones is a Laker or Dodger fan as long as he doesn't put that crap in his articles. He just has to do his job of unbiased reporting on the Kings and that's it.

And my point is that there are more true SF fans than true OAK fans in this city. Unfortunately, Sacramento (like most Californian cities) is one of the American bangwagon centers and we have these "sudden love" and "i-support-only-winners" effects all the time but throughout the history it has been the place of the orange and black.

However, SF-OAK discussion has nothing to do with Mister Jones. He has to go because he is not good (the first reason) and yes, because he is a fan of our rivals and makes stupid pro-LA remarks now. I got it that some or most of you do not care about that but you should. It is time to have some pride. We cannot get anything done in Sacramento (including a new home for the Kings). Economy, bad government and bla-bla-bla. We have no guts and that's the biggest problem. Soon, the devil will run our churches and we will be Ok with that. Hey, the buildings are still there, why should I care. I still can go there on Sunday.

And my point is that there are more true SF fans than true OAK fans in this city. Unfortunately, Sacramento (like most Californian cities) is one of the American bangwagon centers and we have these "sudden love" and "i-support-only-winners" effects all the time but throughout the history it has been the place of the orange and black.

However, SF-OAK discussion has nothing to do with Mister Jones. He has to go because he is not good (the first reason) and yes, because he is a fan of our rivals and makes stupid pro-LA remarks now. I got it that some or most of you do not care about that but you should. It is time to have some pride. We cannot get anything done in Sacramento (including a new home for the Kings). Economy, bad government and bla-bla-bla. We have no guts and that's the biggest problem. Soon, the devil will run our churches and we will be Ok with that. Hey, the buildings are still there, why should I care. I still can go there on Sunday.
Cosigned. People say "its no big deal as long as he isn't biased in his articles and such" but that is ALSO part of the problem, he is such a laker nuthugger and Kings hater and we have to put up with him. Then he says how he's glad the Giants lost basically and I lost it because he knew that was a low blow at the time. He is just a troll who enjoys getting paid to write about sports and enjoys getting a dig in at NorCal sports whenever he can. That's my point. The guy is a grade A TROLL.

If the argument was that Jason Jones needs to go because he is a poor writer or because he is a Lakers fan that would be a completely different matter and one that would get no argument from me. But what the basketball beat writer tweets about a team that is 90 miles away is of no concern to me. Trying to tie it into the arena issue, something I actually care passionately about, is bunk. And Satan in the churches? I mean really. I think the next time my wife tries to accuse me of taking sports too seriously I'll send her here.

If the argument was that Jason Jones needs to go because he is a poor writer or because he is a Lakers fan that would be a completely different matter and one that would get no argument from me. But what the basketball beat writer tweets about a team that is 90 miles away is of no concern to me. Trying to tie it into the arena issue, something I actually care passionately about, is bunk. And Satan in the churches? I mean really. I think the next time my wife tries to accuse me of taking sports too seriously I'll send her here.
A 90-miles-away team is a popular LOCAL baseball team. I understand that it is hard for your brain to digest it or accept but you should try it several times. Sacramento adopted MLB and NFL Bay Area franchises. You do not care about it - fine. Honestly, who cares. .. but there are a lot of people in this town who do care big time.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
A 90-miles-away team is a popular LOCAL baseball team. I understand that it is hard for your brain to digest it or accept but you should try it several times. Sacramento adopted MLB and NFL Bay Area franchises. You do not care about it - fine. Honestly, who cares. .. but there are a lot of people in this town who do care big time.
So because YOU care, the Bee should fire it's Kings writer? I can understand it being over something he says about the Kings but it was about the Giants. He doesn't write about the Giants so he should rightfully be able to say whatever he wants.

So because YOU care, the Bee should fire it's Kings writer? I can understand it being over something he says about the Kings but it was about the Giants. He doesn't write about the Giants so he should rightfully be able to say whatever he wants.
A mediocre journalist and Laker/Dodger lover is our sports or basketball beat writer who makes stinky comments about NorCal teams and I have some issues with that?? Yes, I do.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
A mediocre journalist and Laker/Dodger lover is our sports or basketball beat writer who makes stinky comments about NorCal teams and I have some issues with that?? Yes, I do.
But has his love of the Lakers or the Dodgers actually gotten in the way of his reporting?

But has his love of the Lakers or the Dodgers actually gotten in the way of his reporting?
Answering your question, I do not like what he does and it includes everything.

Can you imagine a journlist, who is a true Kings fan, covering the Lakers for The Los Angeles Times? I cannot. It does not matter how unbiased he is. It is impossible. A RS fan will never be a beat baseball writer for the Yankees.

Having a Laker worshipper covering the Kings is a joke.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Answering your question, I do not like what he does and it includes everything.

Can you imagine a journlist, who is a true Kings fan, covering the Lakers for The Los Angeles Times? I cannot. It does not matter how unbiased he is. It is impossible. A RS fan will never be a beat baseball writer for the Yankees.

Having a Laker worshipper covering the Kings is a joke.
It happens all of th etime. I'd say that the majority of sports writers are covering sports teams that they did not grow up as fans of.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The majority of local beat writers openly support sports teams that are hated by the locals? Are you on medication?
I'm reading him for his Kings coverage not for his opinions on Aubrey Huff whiffing. I could care less what his opinion was about the Giants. As long as he's covering the Kings in a fair manner, he could worship Satan, be an out-and-out Marxist, or steal candy from babies for all I care. (Okay, maybe not the last one.)

If he wrote an article about the Lakers being the greatest team ever when he should have been writing about the Kings, then yes. But so far, that hasn't been the case.

I'm reading him for his Kings coverage not for his opinions on Aubrey Huff whiffing. I could care less what his opinion was about the Giants. As long as he's covering the Kings in a fair manner, he could worship Satan, be an out-and-out Marxist, or steal candy from babies for all I care. (Okay, maybe not the last one.)

If he wrote an article about the Lakers being the greatest team ever when he should have been writing about the Kings, then yes. But so far, that hasn't been the case.
The point was it was a low blow. When he said what he said about the Giants losing, that moment after Ankiel hit the HR was similar to Horry's 3. And to answer your question, his Los Angeles homerism HAS gotten in the way of his reporting before. Mostly when he was a beginner. I just can't believe this jerk is all the Bee has to offer. He shouldn't even have a friggin job.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The point was it was a low blow. When he said what he said about the Giants losing, that moment after Ankiel hit the HR was similar to Horry's 3. And to answer your question, his Los Angeles homerism HAS gotten in the way of his reporting before. Mostly when he was a beginner. I just can't believe this jerk is all the Bee has to offer. He shouldn't even have a friggin job.
So because he has done it in the past (and I'm really not sure what specific instance you're referring to), we should therefore give up on him and cast him aside? If everyone had that logic, then Rick Ankiel would have been thrown away for sucking as a pitcher and never would have had that splasher against the Giants.

And not to nitpick, but Ankiel's HR was nothing like Horry's three because (1) the HR didn't come after the game was over and (2) the Giants still had a chance to atone for the mistake and win.

This is a small people, pushover mentality. Ohh, just do not write anything bad about our team and then we are ok that you are a Laker admirer (Sacramento's most detested team) and sometimes say trash about our local football or baseball teams. Sometimes I wish we had some Philly or NY in us in Sacramento.