it's over ...

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
I can't even tell you how sick this makes me feel. Busting up the team and sending our girls near and yon will be very sad for them.

To the Monarchs players: Goodbye, and thanks for the memories you have given to us fans. Best wishes to you with other teams. I will truly miss you! :(

To the Monarchs staff: Thanks for all you've done for us and the team. Hopefully, you will find better employers elsewhere.

To the other Monarchs fans: It was great knowing you, and let's stay in touch with each other.

To the Maloof family: Thanks for nothing! :mad:

Last edited:
Now for the first time,I am really angry with the maloofs

Originally I cut the Maloofs a little slack.However, now I wonder why they ran this thing up to so close to the deadline. They made it impossible for any outcome other than a complete breakup of the team we love. What is that different about the Kings/Vegas situation now that did not exist months ago? Now the league talks about starting another team from scratch in the Bay area in 2011. I wanted this team not a dip into the recycle bin. It would have been fun to keep this forum going with the Monarchs South. Now there is going to be little reason to keep us together. Thanks to all of you guys who made this one of my regular site visits for 10 years. I was selective in my responses so you did not hear from me a lot, but I think I read just about everything you guys posted!

Thanks to the Monarchs players for some truly great memories, and to the BEST fans in the WNBA. You made the past 13 years! And finally, thanks to the posters on this board. While we rarely agreed on everything, the passion shared for basketball, the support of women athletes, and the love of our Monarchs were daily doses that I will miss.

You all are a real class act. It's been a pleasure.

I think I am done too

I have enjoyed my time here as well.
We have debated, fussed argued and somewhere in that we managed to win a 2 western conference championships and a WNBA title.

I can't justify coming to a forum that has KINGS in it's title. I know some of you guys are fans of the Kings. And God Bless you for being their fans. I am too hurt by what has taken place to support anything related to the Kings or the Maloofs.
CANNOT DO IT.
I know it is not the Kings fault per se. But for me it is a constant reminder of how disposable my summer family was to Maloof Sports and Entertainment.

I could say more, but why. I am not a Kings fan. I'm not coming here anymore.

Thanks for being apart of my Monarch experience. It has been a great ride.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have enjoyed my time here as well.
We have debated, fussed argued and somewhere in that we managed to win a 2 western conference championships and a WNBA title.

I can't justify coming to a forum that has KINGS in it's title. I know some of you guys are fans of the Kings. And God Bless you for being their fans. I am too hurt by what has taken place to support anything related to the Kings or the Maloofs.
CANNOT DO IT.
I know it is not the Kings fault per se. But for me it is a constant reminder of how disposable my summer family was to Maloof Sports and Entertainment.

I could say more, but why. I am not a Kings fan. I'm not coming here anymore.

Thanks for being apart of my Monarch experience. It has been a great ride.
Wow...

I mean no offense whatsoever, but this board is not run by the Maloofs. It's run by Jeremy, who has been one of the few board owners to actually set up a separate forum for fans of the WNBA. And now, even after your team has been disbanded, which BTW Jeremy had nothing to do with, you're going to turn your back on your friends here because our board title says "Kings"?????

The forum here - the WNBA forum - isn't about or for Kings fans. It's about the WNBA and provides a place for WNBA fans to talk about their hopes, their dreams, their favorite players, etc.

If you posted in this forum you'd actually be supporting the WNBA, since it's fan discussions, etc. that will keep the league going. The choice, of course, is yours but to quote my dad, I think you're "cutting off your nose to spite your face."

Whatever, though, it's your decision. Peace.

Goodbye to the M's. It was great while it lasted. I was really looking forward to the next season with such a high draft pick and Whiz being back certainly made things look up for the M's. Up until the last minute, I was hoping a miracle would happen and the Maloofs or the WNBA could keep the M's here and move them to the Bay area next year if they had to. It was really poorly handled by the Maloofs.

Am not from sac......don't know anyone from sac (except you guys/gals).....but became a Kings fan in 2001.....then became a M's fan 2005......Will continue to visit this section of the forum and follow the WNBA (somewhat).......and obviously support the Kings....but part of me will never be the same. To the M's players......all the best.