Is anyone else NOT interested in the Big Game?

Will you be watching the Super Bowl?

• Yes, but only because my spouse/significant other is making me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but only because I was invited to a Super Bowl party.

• No, but only because my spouse/significant other won't let me.

• Other (please explain)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
This question was asked on another message board I post at, and the overwhelming majority of respondents expressed that they were not interested in the Super Bowl at all. But, then again, that is not a sports-themed message board, and the overwhelming majority of people saying that they wouldn't be watching also said things like (paraphrasing), "I don't like sports", "I'd rather watch the Puppy Bowl", "I'll be skiing", "I'll be hiking", "That's the best time to hit the laundromat" (!!!), and so on.

So, since this is an actual sports-themed message board, I'm interested on where other people who actually like sports stand on the spectacle that is the Super Bowl?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
as far as the Superbowl is concerned I'm only about 50% interested in the game...I'm sick of watching Seattle dominate and I'm sick of the Patriots in general because they are like the Spurs, never out of the playoffs and always have a chance to win the whole thing. It's great for the fan bases for those two teams but the last Superbowl game that I really enjoyed watching from the beginning to the end was the year the Saints won it over the Colts, which was 2009.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Hate Seattle (as a 49ers fan) so I am hoping they lose, but don't care for either team. Will likely be watching it at the in-law's and celebrating my FIL birthday the same day. It will be on. I will watch it and hope one team loses. Not interested in the other team winning though. And I do like the commercials, no matter who is playing. So "watching it for the commercials" is the closest answer for me.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'm listening to Mason and Ross talking about how it's 'un-American' to miss the Super Bowl. If I had any hair left, I'd be tearing it out.