Inner Struggle: Fox vs. Giles

If you were forced to waive one player and keep the other, which one would you keep?

• De’Aaron Fox

• Harry Giles

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just for fun, I thought I would make a couple threads that pin our own players against each other in regards to who we value more as a fan base.

If you were forced to waive one player and keep the other, which one would you keep?

Fox vs. Giles

Surprisingly, this one is easy for me. It is hard in the NBA to find players that have that unquantifiable factor of ice water in their veins. With Fox, we saw it in high school, and college, and in his rookie season with the Kings. It's that leadership moxie and that "give me the ball and get out of my way I'm going to go in the game" mentality.

As far as skill sets go, if Giles is fully healthy and his high school game translates to the NBA, he can be a franchise changer. But the injury history gives me a great deal of pause.

Having a De'aaron Fox makes it possible to not have to find that superstar with the killer instinct. You can just surround that guy with great scores and great defenders that are not necessarily the cornerstone of the franchise. That can be highly undervalued but it's greatly important

TL;DR - Fox

Fun game, just a bad comparison. Giles is just an absolute ghost, we have no idea how much athleticism is left or what they spent a lot of last year developing with him.