I'm still not too worried....

After seeing how these guys played yesterday, it really had me happy. Its just that Yao or TMAC couldnt be stopped, but when can they be stopped ? That is the best we played last night, so far this season. Shots were dropping, most of them anyways, and D was being played. A lot of effort was shown, and I think we'll be ok.

I think they just need a nice win at Home. Gets some confidence, play in front of the home crowd. They have a few days off to tweak some things.

Although Toronto has played pretty good its first 2 games.

I watched both of their wins, they might even win at home today vs Portland, but they won't keep it up. Bosh is for real, Loren Woods will cool off. Marshall has been struggling, although our awful D might be just what he needs to heat up. Vince is clearly distracted. Alston should have a great game vs Bibby.

They're also playing in Detroit before coming here, so you can pencil in a loss.

There's NO way they should beat the Kings in Arco. Odds are they won't even try too hard, but even their best effort shouldn't be enough. If we lose, it's more about how pathetic we are than how they good are.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
With their improvement rebounding (Kings 54 to 44), overall defense and low turnovers (only 9), and shooting of the big 3: Pedja, Bibby and CWebb, I'm not nearly so worried now. The bench now needs to step up. But seems Adelman is running a different substitution pattern now than last year, rotating single players through rather than putting in 2-3 of the 2nd team then 1-2 more like in past years.

So lets see how they do at SEA and at PHX next week, then we can pass judgement.

i'm shocked how i'm not flipping out. 2-3 years ago, heck even last year, i'd be FREAKING out. not this year thought.

playing at home will be a HUGE boost for the kings. they played well last night, even without the shooting, they had that game. they just found a way to loose is sadly. now i didn't see the game, but i did listen to the first half. the rebounding sounded MUCH better, heck we finally had more rebounds then the other team! it's a start. t-mac doing his thing really isn't that surprising, it's t-mac. letting charlie ward beat us in OT was not encouraging.

the only thing that has had me a bit discouraged is some of the quick shooting i've been hearing. also, i haven't seen any games, but the parts of the games i've been hearing, it seems like the kings are mostly shooting jumpers. the kings needto score more in the paint. the jump shots aren't always going to fall, so the kings need to keep the opposing defenses honest. i can kinda understand not going more inside vs the spurs, duncan is one of the premier shot blockers, but he's not going to block every single shot. take a chance, draw a foul, make him work. ah well, thats just how i feel.

again, i'm shocked that i'm not freaking out today :) that is a tough tough trip, starting out all 3 games against a team who is having their home opening, gee who in the schedlue making process did the kings pee off i wonder ;)

GO KINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! beat the raps on tuesday!!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It's a very long season. More and more I find myself understanding how Laker fans have said - for years - that they don't even start watching until after the All-Star break.

The main thing is that the team is growing together, starting to gel, etc.

I am NOT at all worried.

VF21 said:
It's a very long season. More and more I find myself understanding how Laker fans have said - for years - that they don't even start watching until after the All-Star break.

The main thing is that the team is growing together, starting to gel, etc.

I am NOT at all worried.
for real. i aint too worried. this is probably the part where the kings go on a solid winning streak. when ya look at the rest of the month, it aint that bad. we got toronto, seattle, and phoenix next week. toronto and seattle should be no problem. phoenix will be a tough game, but it is certainly winnable. the week after, we got denver, chicago, and memphis. denver and memphis are improved teams, but the kings could easily win all three of those. after that, its milwaukee, houston, and the lakers. milwaukee and LA should be in the win column, and houston is again a winnable game....jus not an easy one. we end november with minnesota and memphis. both tough games, but certainly within the kings capabilities of winning.

of course, this is all assuming the kings get it together and start playing some real team defense and cohesive offense. we've seen it, but only in stretches. they've got to get this thing together for the better part of 48 minutes. when and if they do, we'll be fine. this month should be a real good indication of where we'll be at the end of the season, i think. there's a total of 14 games in november. i say we'll be 8-6 at the end of the month....maybe 9-5 if things start lookin up. i think that would be perfectly acceptable.

Last edited:
Well, I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing that people are not freaking out. It means either that they are accepting that this team is not nearly as good as last year's so this shouldn't upset them so much, or that this team will be able to bounce back and still be a contender.
I am not upset for the first reason. But I have been nothing but pessimistic about this team's chances since the departure of Vlade and this team has done absolutely NOTHING to prove me wrong so far. Of course, season is young.

sloter said:
Well, I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing that people are not freaking out. It means either that they are accepting that this team is not nearly as good as last year's so this shouldn't upset them so much, or that this team will be able to bounce back and still be a contender.
I am not upset for the first reason. But I have been nothing but pessimistic about this team's chances since the departure of Vlade and this team has done absolutely NOTHING to prove me wrong so far. Of course, season is young.
im not sure we can fairly make the argument that the kings are not as good as they were last season. they certainly arent as deep, but i honestly dont think we're any worse off than we were last season. the problem is, the rest of the nba has gotten better. in some instances, teams have gotten much better. the kings basically stood pat, aside from losing divac and gaining ostertag. with the rest of the nba outclassing the kings in many areas, its gonna be a long and frustrating season, i predict. but i dont think that means we should count the kings out completely. we wont win 60 games, but i think its conceivable that we win 50-55. i think thats good enough for a divsion title. it wont guarantee anything in the playoffs, as i understand division winners dont have homecourt advantage this season, but rather those with the best records do. we'll jus have to wait and see what happens, but i think the kings are still a realistic title contender, despite popular opinion. i'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that i honestly believe we will see the kings in the western conference finals this year. we'll probably be facing san antonio, so i make no guarantees as to how far we'll go after that. ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think this year's LEAGUE is going to show a different dynamic. There isn't quite so much difference between the elites and the also-rans. In addition, I don't see any team totally running away with everything.

Case in point is the Spurs, who showed they actually are human against the Sonics.

My personal opinion is that we're going to see a much more competitive league than we're used to seeing, with the possible exception of the Clippers - of course.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
SacKings384 said:
Road wins will be very tough for any team...
Exactly! I've watched a lot of basketball since Nov. 2 and what I've seen so far gives me every indication that this is going to be a great year for NBA fans in general...

Nothing can be taken for granted; and no team can be presumed to be the "only team to beat."

I love this game!

A

AriesMar27

if we lose to the raptors..... i just dont know. where are the hawks when you need them?