I'd like to see J.P. Batista in a Kings Jersey...

Sac should try and get J.P. Batista.

I followed Gonzaga this year and also had the privilege of seeing him in Oakland for the tournament. I have to say, i really like the way this kid plays. He grabs boards, has a great baby hook, is a presence on D, good passing ability, and he can move for a big guy. He's only listed at 6-9 which is a down side, but he ways 270 lbs. I still think this would be a great pick up for Sac, and i also think there is a chance he could go 2nd round.

Merdiesel said:
Sac should try and get J.P. Batista.

I followed Gonzaga this year and also had the privilege of seeing him in Oakland for the tournament. I have to say, i really like the way this kid plays. He grabs boards, has a great baby hook, is a presence on D, good passing ability, and he can move for a big guy. He's only listed at 6-9 which is a down side, but he ways 270 lbs. I still think this would be a great pick up for Sac, and i also think there is a chance he could go 2nd round.
Or he go undrafted and then Kings pick him as a free agent - no need to try to get a second round pick in this seemingly deep draft which will cost you a bit and then waste it on this guy. He plays under the rim and he is offensive minded player who gets some boards and sometimes plays defense.

I only saw him play a couple of times this year and must admit I liked the guy as a player. Don't know that he fits all that well with the Kings though unless some changes are made. I would like to see more of defensive presence shot-blocking type presence at PF. But he could perfect if we make some other moves as well.

allrightythen said:
I only saw him play a couple of times this year and must admit I liked the guy as a player. Don't know that he fits all that well with the Kings though unless some changes are made. I would like to see more of defensive presence shot-blocking type presence at PF. But he could perfect if we make some other moves as well.
Who do we have right now that can score on the low block?

While I do like Batista, and I do think that he could contribute, I don't think he'd play. Adelman + rookies = frustration. Look at Andrew Bynum in LA. And he's better than Batista.

On top of that, I'd rather the Kings go after size and athleticism during the offseason. That's what we don't have in the frontcourt, and that's what will make us a much better team. Players like 'Reef and KT can't do much to make us better. A player who can block shots and rebound would make us a lot better.