I Want Josh Smith!

F

Fillmoe

francisco garcia for josh smith....

i love this kids game... high flyer... shot blocker type player... reminds me of kirilenko with hops....

He's really come on this season. Has taken his game to another level with an improved jumper, and passing skills, I think. From what I've seen has been consistent too.

Not sure if the Hawks would do that.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I don't see a chance that the Hawks do it.

Frisco + our first rounder?

Maybe...But not Frisco stright up...The guy still has much higher to go on his ceiling.

Josh Smith doesn't fill our need for a talented and defensive oriented big man or a backup point guard. We have plenty everywhere except those two positions.

M

MrBiggs

Josh Smith would do one thing for us: Give us more young talent to throw at the Wolves for KG.

M

MrBiggs

SacTownKid said:
Josh Smith could be a great PF one day. I think that is the position he needs to practice for.
Smith is a swingman. He's tall but he can't play in the post. Their Rookie however, Marvin Williams, has the skills to play a small power forward like Dirk Nowitzki.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
MrBiggs said:
Smith is a swingman. He's tall but he can't play in the post. Their Rookie however, Marvin Williams, has the skills to play a small power forward like Dirk Nowitzki.
I don't know, he reminds me of a very young Kenyon Martin. He's got good shotblocking skills, is 6'9" and super long. I could see him doing well there. He has looked pretty good there for the times I have seen him there this season.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
SacTownKid said:
I don't know, he reminds me of a very young Kenyon Martin. He's got good shotblocking skills, is 6'9" and super long. I could see him doing well there. He has looked pretty good there for the times I have seen him there this season.
Too slight.

Not every shotblocker has to be a PF/C. In fact Smith, if he can keep his athleticism, could be a great weapon to pair along a couple of true bigs. Take average or good shotblocking bigs and turn the team into a great shotblocking team. Gerald Wallace like.