I know for most this is obvious, but Petrie made the right choice

How do you feel now about the #4 pick?

• Total voters
I don't know if this deserves it's own thread, but I think it's important for me (someone who wanted Rubio over Evans) to say, that all things considered, you can't argue against Evans being the right draft pick. I still am a firm believer in Rubio's abilities and I still think he would've been a great fit for our team, but the facts are Rubio is in Spain and Evans is in the NBA playing the best of any rookie. So far, we have the best player in the draft despite dropping as far as we could in the lottery, and there is no way to argue against that being the best case scenario for us.

Sorry if my post is redundant, but I thought it was important to say considering my stance on draft night.

It's funny cause I was telling my brother how it was a blessing in disguise to not get the first pick. We don't know how griffin is going to do but I'm so happy with Evans and I think his upside is far and beyond what griffin is capable of

It's funny cause I was telling my brother how it was a blessing in disguise to not get the first pick. We don't know how griffin is going to do but I'm so happy with Evans and I think his upside is far and beyond what griffin is capable of
Exactly... Evans has a chance to be a superstar, up there with guys like Wade, Garnett, Howard, Chris Paul ect... As far as Griffin goes, I don't think he will ever be in that category, more like Amare Stoudamire or something. He hasn't played a game yet though so he could be the second coming for all I know.

I don't know if this deserves it's own thread, but I think it's important for me (someone who wanted Rubio over Evans) to say, that all things considered, you can't argue against Evans being the right draft pick. I still am a firm believer in Rubio's abilities and I still think he would've been a great fit for our team, but the facts are Rubio is in Spain and Evans is in the NBA playing the best of any rookie. So far, we have the best player in the draft despite dropping as far as we could in the lottery, and there is no way to argue against that being the best case scenario for us.

Sorry if my post is redundant, but I thought it was important to say considering my stance on draft night.
I almost made this thread yesterday.

Rubio is averaging like 5 points and 5 assists a game in euroleague, and shooting like 36%.

K

Kingsguy881

I almost made this thread yesterday.

Rubio is averaging like 5 points and 5 assists a game in euroleague, and shooting like 36%.
Eh, Rubio will be fine. Just fine. He will make the highlights regularly, he will be a 13 ppg, 9 ast and 4 reb per game baller and it will be good. Rubio would have been a phenomenal player for the Kings no doubt about it. But Evans gives them a big play maker, an ice-in-his-veins crunchtime beast. The latter wins more games, and more important ones, than the former.

Eh, Rubio will be fine. Just fine. He will make the highlights regularly, he will be a 13 ppg, 9 ast and 4 reb per game baller and it will be good. Rubio would have been a phenomenal player for the Kings no doubt about it. But Evans gives them a big play maker, an ice-in-his-veins crunchtime beast. The latter wins more games, and more important ones, than the former.
I don't think Rubio will ever average double figures in scoring in the NBA, if he eventually comes over. He's playing against far lesser competition right now, and puts up 5 PPG on 36% shooting.

You know....I was really mad when the Kings didn't select Rubio at 4. When I had seen they chose Tyreke instead I was in shock. But it looks like Petrie made the right choice so I'm happy as long as the team is improving.

K

Kingsguy881

Oh come on big guy. Enlighten us. I'm sure there has to be at least one poster out there that doesn't know what you think. Lets hear it one more time...Put your stubby little fingers on the typewriter and blast away...:D
You have really been killing me as of late. I love it.

again...

What was Jennings numbers over seas last year?

Don't judge Rubio until he steps foot on an NBA court.
Jennings wasn't a consistent starter who got solid minutes. Jennings wasn't playing in the same pro league since he was 16.

Jennings had to adjust, not only to a totally new game and inconsistent support role, but he had to do so in a foreign nation in a new game that was unlike anything he had experienced in his basketball career. Rubio, however, has been playing pro ball overseas for years, has experience in FIBA games, has an established role on his team, and you want to compare the two players and their statistical production in those vastly contrasting situations?

Don't even start to compare the statistical production of Rubio and Jennings while insinuating they have similar circumstances that negatively impact their production. Rubio, being an experienced player with a solid role on his team is still a 5/5, 36% player.

Rubio is an overrated media hype creation. He would be lucky to have a NBA career like Sergio.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I only have one word of warning: Keep it civil. As long as no board rules are broken, you guys can carry on this debate until the end of time... Just don't keep making new threads about it, okay?

A

AriesMar27

Oh come on big guy. Enlighten us. I'm sure there has to be at least one poster out there that doesn't know what you think. Lets hear it one more time...Put your stubby little fingers on the typewriter and blast away...:D
Lol..... I'm trying to cut back on infractions... But it's nice to know that people want to hear what I have to say.:D

You know....I was really mad when the Kings didn't select Rubio at 4. When I had seen they chose Tyreke instead I was in shock. But it looks like Petrie made the right choice so I'm happy as long as the team is improving.
I agree. I wanted Rubio and was disappointed when Petrie didn't select him. However, having Tyreke and seeing what he can do, I am glad Petrie made the correct choice.

I'll admit - I also wanted Rubio. RRRRRRRRRRubio! However - Tyreke has won me over, and I'm moving on. Evans is looking like he's going to be the face of this franchise.

Oh, and I prefer this image:

A

AriesMar27

Okay, so besides bajaden who seems to get everyone he wants to be drafted. Who here actually wanted. I repeat, wanted.... Evans to be drafted by Petrie with the 4th pick?