How Many Kings Wins in 2004-2005?

How many Kings wins in 2004-2005?

Votes: 10 13.0%

Votes: 40 51.9%

Votes: 22 28.6%

Votes: 5 6.5%

• Total voters
How many games will the Kings win this year? I think they will gut-out nearly 50 wins on the backs of Mike, Brad, Doug, and Peja. They will make the play-offs. There will be moments of greatness and moments of overwhelming frustration.

48 wins

I think 52-55 is about right, which is right in the middle of two options. I picked the 60 option because it is less likely they will get 60 than 48 and I wanted to make it clear that I think they will win more than 50.

Kings won't approach anywhere near 60. For that matter, neither will the Spurs or Twolves. In all likelyhood, the Spurs finish with the best record in the West with around 56 wins, the Twolves are close behind with 54 or 55, and the Kings finish with about 51 or so. Even then I'm not so sure, considering Webber's health is always a question mark.

The West is much too deep for anyone to get 60 wins in the West. It didn't happen last year, sure as hell ain't happening this year.

Oh please, God! I do not want to go back to the days of "hoping" for a 30+ win season.;)

In this poll, I let optimism take over...I voted for 60 not because I believe it will happen but because I "hope" it will be even better than that :eek: ...and I just couldn't click on 48 because it would be such a backwards slide... and it WOULDA been a 60 plus season last year except for, um, well, oh never mind..that dead horse has been beaten so many times it looks like two month old road kill. :)

KK!

Kev.in said:
I think they will win close to 60 games.
Fingers crossed for a moderately helthy season, thats all I ask for...we have yet to see it...the last 3 years have been disasters, health-wise. 60 wins is achievable with good health.

Fans are certainly optimistic around here. I remember last year when Bibby predicted 70 wins in 2003-2004. A whole bunch of kings fans had visions of sugar-plums, tooth fairies, and 70 wins. Again, I was viewed as pesimistic with expectations of about 55 games. Winning 60 games is no picnic, 70 is ridiculous. Remarkably, more Kings fans think the Kings will win 72 games than believe they will win only 48 games. To me, that is remarkable. 48 wins equates to a 58.5 winning-percentage. 72 wins equates to an 87.8 winning-percentage. The Kings can't even make free-throws that efficiently.

48 wins. Get used to it. Don't worry, be happy.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
quick dog said:
Fans are certainly optimistic around here. I remember last year when Bibby predicted 70 wins in 2003-2004. A whole bunch of kings fans had visions of sugar-plums, tooth fairies, and 70 wins. Again, I was viewed as pesimistic with expectations of about 55 games. Winning 60 games is no picnic, 70 is ridiculous. Remarkably, more Kings fans think the Kings will win 72 games than believe they will win only 48 games. To me, that is remarkable. 48 wins equates to a 58.5 winning-percentage. 72 wins equates to an 87.8 winning-percentage. The Kings can't even make free-throws that efficiently.

48 wins. Get used to it. Don't worry, be happy.
And what's the matter with a little optimism, qd?

The season hasn't even started. Why not think about good things and great seasons? If we have to revise our hopes and dreams downward later, so be it, but I don't see any problem with looking forward to having a great season.

I picked 48 because my pick of 53 is closest and I think its fairly optimistic. The West is going to be brutal. The most a team will get is 55. That might be a bit too much.

now picking 72 is just plain nutz!:p

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
For awhile, I didn't vote at all. There is too big a gap between 48 and 60, especially since that is where they are most likely to fall. But, I decided to go ahead and vote 60 today. Why? Because I would rather be optimistic than pessimistic. It is a known fact that pessimism is bad for your overall health. :)

Do you suppose that any given fan might enjoy a 48-game season more than another fan might enjoy a 70-game season? It has something to do with half-full glasses and a philosophy of life.

72??? oh heck, make it 75 LOL!!!

i'm gonna say 53ish. i really don't care how many we win, just make the playoffs and for once CAN WE BE HEALTHY!!!!!! oh mighty baseketball gods, JUST ONCE!!!! can we please be 100% healthy in the playoffs!!!!!

LETS GO KINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
quick dog said:
Do you suppose that any given fan might enjoy a 48-game season more than another fan might enjoy a 70-game season? It has something to do with half-full glasses and a philosophy of life.
I think I have a headache...

You're asking if a fan would enjoy a 48-game win season more than a 70-game win season?

I don't think so...

Fans like to see their team win, don't they? Isn't that why they're fans?

I confess, quick dog, that IMHO you seem to have a very downcast attitude about the whole upcoming season. I just can't approach a new season that way. If I couldn't be optimistic at the beginning of every new season, I would have given up being a Kings fan a long, long time ago.

It's not about philosophy or anything so deep IMHO. It's about regaining - if even for a short while - that thrill of anticipation; that excitement that maybe this will be THE year. It's like Christmas. You don't know what's in those presents. Sure, it might be socks, underwear, etc. but it just MIGHT BE that great video game, etc. you've had your heart set on. I'll keep thinking about what might be ...

:D

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
quick dog said:
Honestly, qd? Yeah, I do believe that some fans might. After four years hanging around here, I honestly think that there are some people who would rather have their pessimism proven right than be hopeful for better results.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
VF21 said:
It's not about philosophy or anything so deep IMHO. It's about regaining - if even for a short while - that thrill of anticipation; that excitement that maybe this will be THE year. It's like Christmas. You don't know what's in those presents. Sure, it might be socks, underwear, etc. but it just MIGHT BE that great video game, etc. you've had your heart set on. I'll keep thinking about what might be ...
Like that commercial that came out around the time of the Superbowl, right now, every team is undefeated; we all have a shot at eighty-two wins, so why not hope for the best?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Honestly, qd? Yeah, I do believe that some fans might. After four years hanging around here, I honestly think that there are some people who would rather have their pessimism proven right than be hopeful for better results.
I, however, do not believe QD to be one of those "fans".