How long did it take Westbrook, KD snd Harden?

For discussion sake, im not going to look up the answer. But i recall it taking a number of years for the now elite players of the league to put it together in Seattle then OKC. Maybe yr 3 of Fox and year 2 for Bagley is 1 to 2 years premature?

Same goes for Curry and Thompson

Fox = Elite athlete, high potential, has been durable
Bagley = All potential, still raw, unknown commodity
Buddy = Possible fringe All Star, but older

I'd say we are a million miles away from the OKC core. Your forgot Ibaka too.

OKC made the playoffs in 09/10. Year 3 for Durant, 2nd for Russ, 1st for Harden.

Curry's 4th year, Thompson's 2nd year the Warriors made the playoffs

I'm not really sure what those teams have to do with this current Kings squad and the young players. I'm just hoping the Kings make the playoffs within the next decade.

Now let's take a look at Kings players historically.

Pervis seemed like a mistake real fast as an early pick.

Richmond you knew before the Owens trade.

Webber everyone knew early.

Cousins we all saw early.

Peja would be the exception.

After that you have mediocre talent that was drafted. Who else? Lionel Simmons? I mean I remember a trade offer for Horry rumored, L Train got hurt, but he looked somewhat promising.

Kenny Smith and Ricky looked promising early.

Kind of sad to look at our historical list.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
For discussion sake, im not going to look up the answer. But i recall it taking a number of years for the now elite players of the league to put it together in Seattle then OKC. Maybe yr 3 of Fox and year 2 for Bagley is 1 to 2 years premature?

Same goes for Curry and Thompson
Westbrook was terrible in his first year, and wasn't a star until his third. Even LeBron didn't get the Cavs to the playoffs until year 2.

Like, I get it, the first three games of this season have been of the ultra-mega-WTF-disappointing level of play and yes, it looks like we don't understand how to play either offense or defense like a team, but maybe the fact that literally NOBODY on this board predicted an implosion start to this start of the season should give us a little pause.

I don't believe this is the team that we are, and up until four days ago, nobody else on here believed this was the team that we are, either. Yes, it sucks, and yes, we've blown it and we only have 79 games left to do what other teams have 82 games have to do to make the playoffs, but does anybody honestly think we're a 6-76 level team? I mean, that's how we've played in the first three games, don't get me wrong, but are we even close to that bad in reality in the long term?

Westbrook was terrible in his first year, and wasn't a star until his third. Even LeBron didn't get the Cavs to the playoffs until year 2.

Like, I get it, the first three games of this season have been of the ultra-mega-WTF-disappointing level of play and yes, it looks like we don't understand how to play either offense or defense like a team, but maybe the fact that literally NOBODY on this board predicted an implosion start to this start of the season should give us a little pause.

I don't believe this is the team that we are, and up until four days ago, nobody else on here believed this was the team that we are, either. Yes, it sucks, and yes, we've blown it and we only have 79 games left to do what other teams have 82 games have to do to make the playoffs, but does anybody honestly think we're a 6-76 level team? I mean, that's how we've played in the first three games, don't get me wrong, but are we even close to that bad in reality in the long term?
Honestly, from what I'm seeing, if nothing changes, 20 wins max, with the possibility of finishing in the low teens...

It certainly is early, but assuming it doesn't get better - even at 30 wins, its an awful regression back to NBA purgatory. I thought there was too much exuberance.....common - 50+ wins (?) without going all in on Vucevic? They were trying to protect the medium term outlook fiscally, and the gamble doesn't look good. 0-3 may be salvageable, but the way they're losing is ominous. Where is the preparation? Blowouts, all things equal, are on coaching in sports. When Hield starts having scoring lines of 3 points......its back to the drawing board. The Bagley injury compounds things too.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Our core is nowhere good as a half season of good basketball made us want to believe. They’re not bad. But no young superteam. Not even close.