How is this happening?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
They're winning with unselfish play and trust in each other. They're winning with pace. They're winning with the mindset that they can win. And yes, they're winning with defense.

Is it sustainable? It's the culture; it's not a fluke. It's what Vlade has been working towards since he took the job. We Kings fans are gonna have a whole lot of fun.

And thanks for the good wishes. You're welcome to hop aboard our bandwagon (even on a nightly basis) any time you like.

They're winning with unselfish play and trust in each other. They're winning with pace. They're winning with the mindset that they can win. And yes, they're winning with defense.

Is it sustainable? It's the culture; it's not a fluke. It's what Vlade has been working towards since he took the job. We Kings fans are gonna have a whole lot of fun.

And thanks for the good wishes. You're welcome to hop aboard our bandwagon (even on a nightly basis) any time you like.
I like the Kings, they are a small market team with a rabid fan base much like the Jazz.

Young guys are making strides and the FO added some quality pieces in the off-season with Bjelica, Yogi, Bagley, and it looks like Troy Williams might be something too. Joerger decided that with all the youth we have to run to be successful and it's working. The thing about running a lot is that you have to have guys with a decent b-ball IQ and Vlade and Co. have been looking for that and now it's starting to work together. It sure is fun.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I somehow think it is more than just "young legs" young teams just dont win in the NBA. All the playoff teams are.loaded with veterans and have a couple young guys sprinkled in.
That's not true. There have been teams in the last couple of seasons who were considered young and made the playoffs. Some are ahead of schedule and some take some time to gain chemistry and stockpile on talent.

Kings are playing confident ball, they've got an idea of what they want to do and they know how fast they want to do it.

Teams are not having any success disrupting their rhythm, when they slow down it's almost always self-inflicted.

the hot start can be attributed to good old execution. There's been some exellent close to 1st halves which have carried over to big 3rd Q's.

So.....I expected the Kings to struggle to win 30 games this year and I am sure I wasn't alone.

It would appear from the box scores that they are winning with defense. I dont know if this is sustainable but it is fun.

Good luck the rest of the season.

I was right there with you at about 25-30 wins. I don't know i this is just a fluke or not, but the team is fun to watch. I hope I am wrong on that 25-30 win mark.

I actually predicted 25 wins, hope dead wrong! This Vlade project going forward looks very promising, at least so far. If get to say 32 wins that would be 5 win improvement over last season and I'll just sigh, whew, happy. Any more than that jump for joy like almost 1999 when Kings dawn of Glory Years jumped up to over 40 wins after winning 27 in 1998-99.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well I mean sure,but we did that 30 years ago...
???

Your team was an expansion team in New Orleans that was pathetically unsuccessful and had to find a new home, which they did in 1979 when they moved to Salt Lake City. I don't see how you can possibly compare that to what the Maloofs tried to do.

???

Your team was an expansion team in New Orleans that was pathetically unsuccessful and had to find a new home, which they did in 1979 when they moved to Salt Lake City. I don't see how you can possibly compare that to what the Maloofs tried to do.
Shortly after the team moved and before the Millers owned the team the team was up for sale because it was losing money and salt lake was a tiny market. Larry Miller ( rumor has it that if the young Jazz didn't make the playoffs that year he would have defaulted on his loan and lost his dealerships) stepped up against all odds and saved the Utah Jazz.

Last edited: