How bout this...

I'd definitely do that, solves our two holes. Only other hole would be a shooter off the bench (Wesley Person is still available to be signed, and isn't out of it).

Both guys are unhappy in Minnesota. That's because Mark Blount has come in and played well and took his minutes, also with Madsen. Just like how Marcus Banks has come in and played well off the bench and took Jaric's minutes, along with Anthony Carter. Griffin can also rebound well and is athletic, 6'10", and I think he'd re-discover his shot in Sac. I've wanted him as a King since 2004.

Last edited:
M

MrBiggs

Ok maybe the numbers work but no way does Minny do this. They probably wouldn't even do it if it was just Griffin for KT so why would they throw in a promising young point guard? It's easier said than done when it comes to KT's contract which is guaranteed up until the turn of the next decade.

Well, I've watched the wolves a bunch this year. If Jaric is so promising, why have Anthony Carter, then Marcus Banks, taken his minutes since Late-January. Along with him struggling before that, and being unhappy ever since.

M

MrBiggs

Kings113 said:
Well, I've watched the wolves a bunch this year. If Jaric is so promising, why have Anthony Carter, then Marcus Banks, taken his minutes since Late-January. Along with him struggling before that, and being unhappy ever since.
You forget that NBA teams often reward players for stuff they've done in the past and still reward players for what they can do in the future. Current example: Kwame Brown's contract with the Lakers. Future example: Even if Darko does nothing with the Magic, he's young enough and talented enough to garner another contract near the MLE or higher.

Personally, I'd love Jaric in a Kings uniforn if it were for cheap. The guy would be a terrific 6th man that would allow Bibby to move around without the ball. He was also considered the best 1 on 1 defender in last year's Clipper's team.

He may have fell out of favor in Minny but the guy's still a talent and will be more valuable in trade talks than KT and his contract.

Oh, well I was specifically talking Jaric/Wolves and his situation since January. KT being involved wasn't in my mind on that post.

But on that, who knows, Wolves did say a couple they want a rebounder to help out KG. ;)

Great trade for us only....why would Minny do this? Besides, since they are going to trade us KG, why would they make a second trade with us. ;:cool: :D

Last edited:
Yoda said:
Great trade for us only....why would Minny do this? Besides, since they are going to trade us KG, why would they make a second trade with us. ;:cool: :D
Well, there doesn't need to be a second trade. We can do it all in one transacton. :)

M

MrBiggs

LoungeLizard said:
Did somebody say Jaric and promising young point guard in the same sentance? That's hilarious.
If you're going to comment on something that I said, please have a well thought out argument.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yoda said:
Because Minny wants a rebounder to help KG. Just have to take KT's contract. ;)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Squad907 said:
KT for Jaric and Griffin...
An obvious yes for us.

Not so obvious is why Minnesota would be remotely interested. Those guys may be out of favor up there, but they can still net you more than an overpaid 6'7" PF.

Where have you been? ;)

Griffin hasn't played with regularity or much at all since January. Madsen/Blount have taken his minutes and spot in the rotation. Same thing for Jaric with Carter and Marcus Banks.

Over the last week or so, Minny has said a couple times they're looking for a rebounder to help KG down low.

All of this has been posted about in the West Conf. thread in the NBA forum.

Last edited:
MrBiggs said:
If you're going to comment on something that I said, please have a well thought out argument.
I find it amusing that you call for a well thought out argument for the statement I made, yet provided no basis for the statement you made. Personally, I think it is pretty damn obvious that Jaric is not a "promising young point guard" but if you would like some evidence, here it is:

1)You state Jaric is young. He turns 28 years old this year. Pete Carrill might think he is young, but no NBA GM in his right might would think that. There are 28 year olds in the league that have 10 years of experience. 28 years old is not young in the NBA.

2) You state that Jaric is "promising". What is promising about a guy who has shown he can get you 9 pts and 4 assists in 30 minutes night in and night out? Maybe he wasn't getting the right "opportunities" with the Clippers the last 3 years. After all, the Clippers have always been one of the more talented teams in the league. Give me a break, he played for the Clips the last 3 years and couldn't put up better numbers than that? Average players can put up good numbers on bad teams. Jaric couldn't even do that. Now he can't even crack the Twolves lineup over Anthony Carter and Marcus Banks? Yeah thats promising.

Jaric is maybe one step higher on the ladder than Jason Hart, but I would be cautious to go that far.

M

MrBiggs

LoungeLizard said:
I find it amusing that you call for a well thought out argument for the statement I made, yet provided no basis for the statement you made.
I'm not the one calling out people's opinions and calling them "laughable."
Personally, I think it is pretty damn obvious that Jaric is not a "promising young point guard" but if you would like some evidence, here it is:

1)You state Jaric is young. He turns 28 years old this year. Pete Carrill might think he is young, but no NBA GM in his right might would think that. There are 28 year olds in the league that have 10 years of experience. 28 years old is not young in the NBA.

2) You state that Jaric is "promising". What is promising about a guy who has shown he can get you 9 pts and 4 assists in 30 minutes night in and night out? Maybe he wasn't getting the right "opportunities" with the Clippers the last 3 years. After all, the Clippers have always been one of the more talented teams in the league. Give me a break, he played for the Clips the last 3 years and couldn't put up better numbers than that? Average players can put up good numbers on bad teams. Jaric couldn't even do that. Now he can't even crack the Twolves lineup over Anthony Carter and Marcus Banks? Yeah thats promising.

Jaric is maybe one step higher on the ladder than Jason Hart, but I would be cautious to go that far.
28 years old is just entering his prime. If you want to nitpick over semantics then I will give you that part of the argument.

What Jaric is capable of doing for the right team is beyond statistics. He creates defensive mix-matches whenever he's on the floor. A 6'7" hard-nosed defending point guard who can hit an open shot and over power smaller guards will ALWAYS have a contract in the NBA.