HOT TAKES THREAD!!!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
We all need some good hot-takes after a loss like that.

Mine isn’t quite Yogurt getting fired (close though)

But Bogdan Bogdanovic just played himself off this team, if I was in charge. What a sickening display in the second half. Especially after last-season Bogi showed up earlier... proving he’s CHOOSING to play like this ball-stopping no-IQ chucker.

I said I wouldn’t trade him for a mid-round pick in another thread... I take that back. I give him away now. Good riddance.

We all need some good hot-takes after a loss like that.

Mine isn’t quite Yogurt getting fired (close)

But Bogdan Bogdanovic just played himself off this team, if I was in charge. What a sickening display in the second half. Especially after last-season Bogi showed up earlier... proving he’s CHOOSING to play like this ball-stopping no-IQ chucker.

I said I wouldn’t trade him for a mid-round pick in another thread... I take that back. I give him away now. Good riddance.
I can let loose here right? I usually try to hold back, but....

Lol, I remember the hot takes from last year about Bogi.

Trading him for a lottery pick was a fireable offense.

Bogdan can average 25 PPG in his prime.

Comparing Bogdan to Malcolm Brogdon is an insult to Bogi.

My personal favorite: we shouldn't draft Luka because we have Bogdan.

On a brighter note though, I've been up and down on Bagley all year, but you can call me safely in the up category now.

Oh, and Bjelica stinks.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
uhhh.....I hate this team right now. That's my hot take. This team needs a kick in the rear and some toughness. Will have to wait until next season to see if that comes to fruition.

uhhh.....I hate this team right now. That's my hot take. This team needs a kick in the rear and some toughness. Will have to wait until next season to see if that comes to fruition.
I think a guy like Aminu might fit well here. Joerger seems insistent on playing small-ball with soft players. Then again, he plays full-sized lineups with soft players too (WCS, Bjelica) so maybe a full-bodied center like Dedmon would be better.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I think a guy like Aminu might fit well here. Joerger seems insistent on playing small-ball with soft players. Then again, he plays full-sized lineups with soft players too (WCS, Bjelica) so maybe a full-bodied center like Dedmon would be better.
any player that tries and makes it tough on the opposition is a welcoming sight at this point. that's why Shump was loved here by many. He was short in height sometimes to guard the bigger scorers, but he played hard, got up in you and made sure you knew he was there.

Already gave mine in another thread - the playoffs imo are no shoe-in for this team next year as some are supposing . Better temper your expectations for this team. Defense and FTs -- FTs and Defense. There ought to be measurable improvement and goals for both. if the Kings want to make it into the top 8 at the end of the year.

This playoff chase collapse, no matter the reason, has put both Vlade and Joerger in jeopardy of losing their jobs. Tonight's game being the catalyst for some intense reflection and evaluation of what went wrong down the stretch.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
This playoff chase collapse, no matter the reason, has put both Vlade and Joerger in jeopardy of losing their jobs. Tonight's game being the catalyst for some intense reflection and evaluation of what went wrong down the stretch.
Brandon Williams was sitting in some shady corner of the G1C rubbing his hands together, laughing, and twirling his evil plan mustache.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Less HOT but more a reserved take, Joerger’s job may very well be on the line now.

If this team rolls over and dies the rest of the way, I think he’s gone. And I think there’s a real chance of that happening.

I also think we’re going to get absolutely thrashed tomorrow. Like “we feel sorry for ourselves so we’re not even showing up to the gym” thrashed.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Not sure what Vlade has done to warrant being on the hot seat as he has suddenly put together one of the rosters with the highest upside in the league but I do agree that Joerger may no longer be as safe as I thought he would be to end the season.

38-44 is a real possibility... which after January is a huge letdown.

Joerger will come back but if we start next season slow he could get fired before January

Not sure what Vlade has done to warrant being on the hot seat as he has suddenly put together one of the rosters with the highest upside in the league but I do agree that Joerger may no longer be as safe as I thought he would be to end the season.
Well, it's a HOT take. But I included Vlade because both he and Joerger's contracts are up at the same time. There is always the possibility that ownership could conveniently clean house.

Boy the pressure in Vlade's chair.

I definitely think we should consider picking up the phone, calling Pop and see if they'd trade the 20ish pick and a future second for Bogi. He seemed to like him.

WCS better come on a reasonable deal.

And Joerger, I keep thinking he has to give him one more year right? But I'm starting to see more and more concerns.

Here's a HOT TAKE.

Step OFF the ledge people!

This is a terrible loss, but this did not make or break our season. We were not going to make the playoffs this year. Period, end of story!

The team has overachieved beyond anybody's expectations.

Vlade and Joeger are not going anywhere. They will be here for the foreseeable future, and rightfully so.

This will be a valuable learning experience, but the Kings will need to grow a set of "%$@#" for next year and they will. ;)

Here's a new one.

For reasons completely different than they had, Joerger is our Mark Jackson.
-My hot take is that this is a horrid take. The Warriors had a championship roster with a 2 all-stars and a generational HoF talent just waiting to be utilized properly. Was clear as day coaching was holding them back from fulfilling their potential.

-This is currently in-development team that was expected to be a bottom 5 squad in the NBA that's vastly exceeded expectations because our young guys got much, much better quicker than expected. Bjelica, Giles, Bagley, Barnes, Yogi, Shump(before getting traded) are all key rotation guys that are in year 1 of the system (in other words, 60% of the rotation). In other words, this team has very little NBA experience overall and very little experience playing together as a team. Hardly the same situation the Warriors were in.

I don’t think this loss is on the Coach or GM in the least. People need to recognize what they just saw. It was a young, immature, and largely inexperienced team letting down their guard believing the game was over. That’s how 6 layups in 2 and 1/2 minutes happens.

They took numerous defensive possessions off thinking they’d coast the last 12 minutes. Then suddenly they were in a game and didn’t know how to respond. The anxiety level went up to level 20 as each and every player was then pressing and hoping not to allow the collapse to actually happen. After answering a couple baskets and naively believing the crisis was over, they reverted back to the same no-intensity defense they played to begin the 4th quarter.

They played like a team trying not to lose rather than playing to win.

The proverbial cherry on top was not coming remotely close to getting a shot off on their last possession then subsequently allowing an 11th and final layup in less than 5 seconds for the game winner.

Sorry, but this one is all on the players.

Hot take:
  • We need a #1 scorer, Buddy's ball handling will prevent him from ever becoming that. Fox isn't aggressive enough at the moment. Bagley is TBD.
  • Bogdan is probably playing injured.
  • If the Kings don't make the playoffs next year, Joerger is gone.

Y’all serious about vlade/Joerger lol sad. Almost like we forgot where we were just last year now cause we collapse and miss the playoffs fire them, **** outta here

Hot take:
  • We need a #1 scorer, Buddy's ball handling will prevent him from ever becoming that. Fox isn't aggressive enough at the moment. Bagley is TBD.
He’s in Dallas,

Haha I’ll stop! But fox should and will be that guy. For it to be Bagley he’d have to be elite elite or we’d have a cieling on the team. A wing has to be your number 1 unless you have Embiid/Jokic

He’s in Dallas,

Haha I’ll stop! But fox should and will be that guy. For it to be Bagley he’d have to be elite elite or we’d have a cieling on the team. A wing has to be your number 1 unless you have Embiid/Jokic
Bagley:
24.6 MPG
58% TS
.397 FTr
23.3% USG
11% TOV

Doncic:
32.4 MPG
54.6% TS
.408 FTr
30.2% USG
15.1% TOV

So Doncic rates are a poor #1 option (which is mightily impressive for a 19 year old rookie) while Bagley rates are a quality #2(again, very impressive). Bagley absolutely has to prove he can maintain this level of efficiency at 30+ MPG and a higher USG rate, but nothing in his profile suggests he won't be able to do so. He protects the ball, scores efficiently and gets to the free throw line at an above-average rate, nearing star territory in that category.

So why can't Bagley be "elite, elite"?