History of Arco

We need a new arena. But I just remembered some stuff that needs to be posted before I forget. Lebron James first NBA game was played in Arco. Michael Jordan's last NBA game was played in Arco. (with Wizards) When they tear it down eventually, I WANT a piece of the floor to put up on a wall somewhere.

venom_7 said:
We need a new arena. But I just remembered some stuff that needs to be posted before I forget. Lebron James first NBA game was played in Arco. Michael Jordan's last NBA game was played in Arco. (with Wizards) When they tear it down eventually, I WANT a piece of the floor to put up on a wall somewhere.
If you want a piece of cement cool, but the actual wood floor I'm sure would be used in a new arena. We need a new arena, not a new floor to play on.

Man you have to have a pack rat to want one of the seats lol. I mean what the hell are you going to do with a seat that is meant to be bolted down and connected to other seats.

Unless you are nice and rich and have a huge great room, with a real nice home theatre and you want to make a few short rows with actual arco seats to watch games in. That would be awesome, but most people don't have the room or money to do something like that.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hey, I didn't say I was gonna buy any but there are people out there who would.

If I owned a sports bar I might consider buying some.

;)

VF21 said:
Hey, I didn't say I was gonna buy any but there are people out there who would.

If I owned a sports bar I might consider buying some.

;)
Now that's not a bad idea. But, what's with all the winking. I notice you do that a lot. Have something caught in your eye?

DocHolliday said:
If you want a piece of cement cool, but the actual wood floor I'm sure would be used in a new arena. We need a new arena, not a new floor to play on.
Why would they have to keep the floor? If you're gonna go with a new arena, might as weel get a new floor too. I know that when the Forum was obsolete, they framed pieces of the floor with certificates and photos of where that particular piece was from. (area) I've seen a couple on ebay..they're pretty hard to find.

Hmm..I just don't see the point in getting a new floor unless they want a different type of wood. Purely for cosmetic reasons. Or, they redo the Kings logo, colors, or fonts used.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
DocHolliday said:
Hmm..I just don't see the point in getting a new floor unless they want a different type of wood. Purely for cosmetic reasons. Or, they redo the Kings logo, colors, or fonts used.
Or sell about 1,000 "Limited Edition Super-Duper signed by a real Kings Player" sections of the old flooring at the modest sum of $400,000 each to pay for the new arena.... :)

Warhawk said:
Or sell about 1,000 "Limited Edition Super-Duper signed by a real Kings Player" sections of the old flooring at the modest sum of $400,000 each to pay for the new arena.... :)
lol. Oh come on that's a big floor you can get more than a thousand pieces. How about 10,000 pieces for 40,000 a piece. Anyone know the length and width of an official NBA court?

venom_7 said:
Mikes last game was in phili on espn.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Buy some of the seats and make a small theature and put kings memoirabealia:eek: (did I spell that right) and watch kings games with buddies :)