Hill To Cavaliers per Woj

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Looks like we are getting...Joe Johnson?

So pure salary cap dump?

Joe Johnson only makes $10.5M and is expiring. Interesting to see if there is anything else to this deal.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Well, since we're now receiving two players, we have to either cut somebody or send out Malachi or Papa...obviously there is more to it than this. Utah does still have their pick this year.

Still, I don't see what Utah's getting out of this. Is Crowder worth a first round pick for them? (Actually, he's cheap for two more years, so...maybe!)

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Well, since we're now receiving two players, we have to either cut somebody or send out Malachi or Papa...obviously there is more to it than this. Utah does still have their pick this year.

Still, I don't see what Utah's getting out of this. Is Crowder worth a first round pick for them?
Johnson could be waived

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Johnson could be waived
But not if he's part of the trade. It would depend on how it's constructed. If we deal for Johnson *first* we could, but Utah doesn't have the cap space to make a Hill for Johnson swap.

You can't waive an incoming player to make roster space for...not keeping that incoming player. Not allowed. You have to have roster space in order to make the deal.

Guys look at other teams tanks are strong you want a top 3 pick you need to be under 24wins max. Trade Temple next

And JJ will be bought out he probably won’t even fly to Sacramento hopefully he signs with okc

People didn't believe me when I said we were going to dump Hill's salary..and we just did. People were delusional to expect more than a 1st round pick. Hill has not been playing good. He's not happy here.. and he's on the books for 20million next year. We have a franchise PG in the wings with 2 starting SGs already on the roster. There's no reason why we should've kept George Hill.