Heat interested in Bibby?

I'd want more than that for Bibby...

Kenny Thomas would need to be included for possibly Haslem, then add a lottery protected 1st and then I might consider it.

So that would make it:

JWill/Posey/Haslem/1st

for Bibby/KT/Hart?

was hoping we could find a way to grab Dorrel Wright:)

I'd want more than that for Bibby...

Kenny Thomas would need to be included for possibly Haslem, then add a lottery protected 1st and then I might consider it.
I was kind of joking...

Anyway, in regards to Bibby. This is kind of off the subject but it pertains to Mike. I wouldn't go as far as calling him the proverbial "coach killer" but it's pretty clear he doesn't listen to his coaches and pretty much does what he wants and no one(so far) has held him accountable.

For the last few years I used to watch him sit on the end of the scorer's table looking off the other way when Adelman was drawing up a play. The team would then proceed out of the timeout and Bibby would end up jacking a shot up from who knows where and Adelman would do his usual throw his hands out like he was disgusted and would then go sit on the bench.

I have been fortunate(or maybe unfortunate) to sit behind the bench for 5 or 6 games this year and I here Muss and all of the other kids(I mean Assitant coaches) telling Bibby what is happening on defense or what play they are going to run and Bibby just ignores it and gets beat or chucks up a shot and Muss looks like he is going to blow a gasket.

Is there a reason why these 2 decidely different types of coach can't corral Bibby or sit him if he is not going to play the way they want him to??

It's nice to have someone want to take "the big shot" but more often than not the reason we have to have someone take the big shot is because someone lit Bibby up in the first place :mad: .

So that would make it:

JWill/Posey/Haslem/1st

for Bibby/KT/Hart?

was hoping we could find a way to grab Dorrel Wright:)
Well dumping Kenny is huge and J-Will would give us a temporary player at PG until we find a replacement. We would save cap room and get an extra pick in the draft which could help us get the player we REALLY want in the draft...If we could get Dorell Wright that would be gravy, but he wouldn't be a deal breaker IMO.

Here's a thought

Bibby
Thomas
Hart

for

Williams
Posey
Doleac
Wright
1st

I like that one. I like Doleac's contract better than Haslem's anyway, it expires sooner I think. We'd have a lot of expirings for 08 that could be moved in a deal this offseason and with the expirings of Posey/Williamson/Pot+maybe another trade we'd have cap room. I like that a lot.

I like that one. I like Doleac's contract better than Haslem's anyway, it expires sooner I think. We'd have a lot of expirings for 08 that could be moved in a deal this offseason and with the expirings of Posey/Williamson/Pot+maybe another trade we'd have cap room. I like that a lot.

I'm thinking with our pick we get a big guy in the lottery and with the Miami pick(which could be in the mid-late teens we could snatch up a PG type to eventually replace Jason Willaims...he's a rental for a year so we could develop our PG. Doleac gives us a legitimate back-up C type. I actually like this better than Haslem myself.

So next season we'd look something like this:

C: Brad, Doleac*, Justin Williams
PF: Reef, Lottery Pick(Horford/ Wright/McRoberts?)
SF: Artest, Wright, Garcia
SG: Martin, Salmons, Douby
PG: Jason Williams*, Mid first Rounder(Dominic Jones/Acie Law?) Price

*Expirings for 2008 - roughly another 12 million off the cap.

Our total committed salary would be: Just under 47 million which would give us roughly 6-8 million dollars to spend in Free Agenncy...Maybe we target Maurice Williams with that?? I dunno. But that team has a lot more flexibility and we get a LOT younger. Maybe we get lucky and win the lottery and get Durant/Oden???

I could handle this for the immediate and long term welfare of our team.

I was kind of joking...

Anyway, in regards to Bibby. This is kind of off the subject but it pertains to Mike. I wouldn't go as far as calling him the proverbial "coach killer" but it's pretty clear he doesn't listen to his coaches and pretty much does what he wants and no one(so far) has held him accountable.

For the last few years I used to watch him sit on the end of the scorer's table looking off the other way when Adelman was drawing up a play. The team would then proceed out of the timeout and Bibby would end up jacking a shot up from who knows where and Adelman would do his usual throw his hands out like he was disgusted and would then go sit on the bench.

I have been fortunate(or maybe unfortunate) to sit behind the bench for 5 or 6 games this year and I here Muss and all of the other kids(I mean Assitant coaches) telling Bibby what is happening on defense or what play they are going to run and Bibby just ignores it and gets beat or chucks up a shot and Muss looks like he is going to blow a gasket.

Is there a reason why these 2 decidely different types of coach can't corral Bibby or sit him if he is not going to play the way they want him to??

It's nice to have someone want to take "the big shot" but more often than not the reason we have to have someone take the big shot is because someone lit Bibby up in the first place :mad: .
With all the good young PGs coming out lately (Paul, Daron Williams, West, etc), I'm getting really tired of Bibby, his big contract, no defense, and shot 1st mentality. I'm hoping we trade him or he opts out in the offseason. We could use the $ on the front court where we are really lacking.

Here's a thought

Bibby
Thomas
Hart

for

Williams
Posey
Doleac
Wright
1st
It's a good deal, but I think we can get more for Bibby. Bibby would be great in Miami, he compliments Wade very well, and he would be very important if they want to win the title this year again, no reason to make the 1st protected (in fact I don't know if only one pick it's enough, maybe another future pick should be included too). Here's my proposal:

Mike Bibby, Kenny Thomas
for
Jason Williams, James Posey, Dorrell Wright, Wayne Simien, 07 1st

That's a good(similar) proposal...however, I wouldn't consider Simien a deal breaker. This trade would set the Kings up to have the ability to add some serious talent around Martin/Artest over the next couple years.

However, just checked and your trade proposal doesn't work salary-wise...the heat have to give more salary back..

I was kind of joking...

i think the combined sound of Wade, Shaq, Riley(eventually?), and Larry O'Brien could get Bibby listening. and probably falling in line with whatever plan they had.

That's a good(similar) proposal...however, I wouldn't consider Simien a deal breaker. This trade would set the Kings up to have the ability to add some serious talent around Martin/Artest over the next couple years.

However, just checked and your trade proposal doesn't work salary-wise...the heat have to give more salary back..

Yes, it works:

Bibby+Thomas= 19.6875
Posey+Williams+Wright+Simien= 16.9

16.9x1.25+.1= 21.2

So it works. We can even throw Hart if they add Hite or Quinn.

Yes, it works:

Bibby+Thomas= 19.6875
Posey+Williams+Wright+Simien= 16.9

16.9x1.25+.1= 21.2

So it works. We can even throw Hart if they add Hite or Quinn.
I think this is a pretty good deal for us. It will free up some money and any deal that has Thomas leaving is a good deal. If there is any way to package Thomas and get a pickout of it, I say you do it quickly before they change their mind!

Maybe so, but the RealGM trade checker disagrees with you.
RealGM Trade Checker doesn't work well with some players, and Bibby is one of them. With ESPN trade machine the trade works. And you only have to use a calculator or read my post to see that the salaries match.

Smills' trade is better though. I doubt the Heat want to include Simien also. And besides, the way Mike has been playing his value isn't going to be that high. Be lucky if we can get JWill/Posey/Wright/lottery protected 1st.