Harrison Barnes Likely to Receive $88 mill over 4 Years

It's freaking crazy when you realize that Barnes is only 7 months older than Buddy Hield... if you guys consider Hield as part of our foundation piece at his age, why shouldn't Barnes be too?

my god, monthly reminder that Buddy is so old. Fun fact: Despite being born in the same year, Barnes started his NBA season the same year Buddy started his freshman year at Oklahoma. Another Fun fact: ...Barnes stayed 2 years in college.

It is rare to see a flat rate on a muti-year deal. It is more likely that his contract starts around $18 or $19 million.
Yeah, that's an interesting assumption by Maxwell. Would be unusual, but perhaps the team wants greater flexibility down the road when Hield, Fox, and Bagley are up for extensions.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
That's a fair deal right now for a steady starting SF. The problem with Barnes has always been that he's not a guy who gets your blood boiling. He's just kind of there on both ends, making enough nice contributions to justify his presence on the floor but rarely jumping out with anything highlight-reel worthy. But that's okay. Steady and reliable are underrated attributes in a player, especially for our team which has shown a fondness over the years for boom or bust types who constantly get our hopes up without ever quite delivering on the potential. It's easy enough to say "we can do better" and start waving money around but more likely than not we'd be the ones finishing runner-up for every big name free agent and then wondering why we let Barnes walk when we finally had a guy at SF who can hold their own as a two-way player.

Using 5% increases 4 yr contract of 88mil approx 20.4 mil

We traded for Barnes as our Long term starting SF, so I am so down with that deal

vlade soooo quiet(have to avoid tampering charge), so we are the Al Horford offer that made him leave Boston)

So 26m on Al Horford 112mil 4 yr deal

Well if we had 59 to start down to 12.6m left for 2 Backup slots

if waive Yogi do we have $ for Beverly? Brewer Min

Fox,Beverly
Buddy,Bogi
Barnes,Brewer
Marvin,Bjelly
Al, Giles

SLAB

Hall of Famer

We traded for Barnes as our Long term starting SF, so I am so down with that deal

Fox,Beverly
Buddy,Bogi
Barnes,Brewer
Marvin,Bjelly
Al, Giles
If that all happens, it would be nearly the perfect offseason TBH.

That would amount to a 3 year 65 million extension. Thats about 20 above what I would've hoped for, and 5 above what I would've offered at the most. I think barnes would be lucky to get a 20 mil/ year contract as a free agent.

Really, who knows what kind of contracts will get handed out, so this might end up looking OK. The next years FA class is weak.

vlade soooo quiet(have to avoid tampering charge), so we are the Al Horford offer that made him leave Boston)

Fox,Beverly
Buddy,Bogi
Barnes,Brewer
Marvin,Bjelly
Al, Giles
Waiving Yogi and Frank gains about $3 mill for us in cap room I believe. Which may be able to just get us Beverley.

Fox,Beverly
Buddy,Bogi
Barnes,Brewer
Marvin,Bjelly
Al, Giles
Without squinting I fail to see any holes on that team.

So per sportrac
10 active 45,961,806
dead $ 2,133,542
cut Yogi -3,150,000
cut Mason -1,618,520
ct BJ Johnson -1,416,852
Add Barnes 20,400,000
Add Al 26,000,000
Add Beverly 13,000,000

10 Players 101,309,976
Cap 109,000,000

Cap space 7,690,024 for BU SF (Brewer,Johnson,Holiday) 2 draft pks(SG,SF) 3rd PG (Mason/min),3rd C (KK min)

Fox,Beverly
Buddy,Bogi
Barnes.Backup SF
Marvin,Bjelly,Swanigan
Al, Giles

Didn’t realize Barnes was only 27! Despite maybe a slight overpay, he does check MOST of the boxes. I’m not really sure there’s a better fit out there, aside from Kawhi or some other player that’s pretty much unrealistic for the kings.

Hopefully this warms it up a little bit for some other free agents to start thinking harder about Sacramento. A good center, backup PG, and a step forward from our core guys, and we might have something here

Not unexpected. So I am assuming the first year if the deal is around $20m?

That’s pretty much what many here predicted. A very solid player who fits well and is right age profile for the team.

Slightly off topic, how annoying is Bruski?! Has been brilliant during the relocation saga but has been annoying since. Of course he hates the deal, Barnes is a PF and Kings should not be spending money on Barnes or other more expensive Cs but should be looking through bargain bins to get someone cheap. His latest fettish is Holmes from PHX as a C. Beverly or Joseph are also too much for a back up PG. annoying to say the least. This is not fantasy basketball. It’s the real thing.