[Grades] Grades v. Rockets 2/25/2014

How many more techs (and auto suspensions) will Cuz get this year?

• 0 -- the suspensions will shut him up

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • 1-3 -- he'll try, but not be able to control himself

Votes: 29 54.7%
  • 4-6 -- he'll keep right on at the same pace, and get a talking to after the season

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • 7+ -- whatever has been bothering him will only get worse as he feels more picked on

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Maybe there is a Curse of Jimmer? (back in the early 2000s there was a Curse of Chucky Brown that we unfortunately joined -- if you traded or released the guy, disaster inevitably ensued. For us it was the injury plagued 02-03 season culminating in Webb's knee).

Ok, well look peeps, this was a debacle. I don't understand what just happened or why. Maybe the coach does, but if he does how can he not be fixing it? Maybe the Jimmer thing isn't as big of a joke as I made it out to be. Too much turnover? Could there be tension with tanking/playing our terrible rooks? I have no idea. But we didn't come to play, almost got completely humiliated early, came back largely on the backs of Cousins and some Reggie Evans hustle to at least make it a more standard beatdown. Then Cousins comes out in the third and embarrasses himself and the franchise one more time just to cap things. Rips the scab off those old wounds. For nothing. I suppose the "good" thing from here on out is that he's going to get suspended for every new technical he adds from this point forward. So he'll shut up or be shut up. And we can lose some more for all those who think this tanking isn't eating our soul.

So anyway, who cares about all that. Ben is terrible. IT was miserable. Cousins embarrassed himself. Jason may have just gotten himself benched. Malone may not have control and now has an interesting sitdown with Boogie coming. But on the other hand, we have Pretty Girls. So life could be worse.

Your Consoritum Graders tonight:
Bricklayer
Uncia03
Rainmaker
Capt. Factorial
Henkel

Boxscore

Stats: 34min 25pts (10-16, 2-3, 3-3) 3reb 6ast 2stl 1blk 3TO
Gay ( B ) -- The numbers definitely don't tell whole story in this one. Had a disastrous start as a major contributor to that embarrassing first quarter. And although he turned things around with a solid game from that point forward he did some of his damage as Houston coasted to the finish line. Ice cold to start and not for a lack of good looks as Houston was content to play him straight up all night long. Started things off by missing a little hook down low followed by a mid range jumper that rimmed out. Forced it on a post up as Howard came over and challenged the shot, which resulted in a ugly miss. Kept on shooting as he missed another good look from mid range. Managed to get up five shots in just over seven minutes with nothing to show for it before being pulled. It's hard to even start rationing out blame for the transition defense. Not the worse offender we have out there, but not a asset to what has to be the worse transition defense in the league. Came back in at the start of the second and was a part of the Kings most competitive stretch. Was doing a much better job moving the ball as we slowly started to find some rhythm. With his shot not falling did the smart thing and tried to get himself going around the basket. Not sure he would of done that back in Toronto where he was more content to stick to the perimeter regardless of the situation. Managed to get in low and draw a goaltend from Howard followed by a nice post up on Harden. Did get stripped by Harden on his next post up attempt but redeemed himself as Isaiah fond him cutting to the basket. Back on track after the rough start he decided to wave Isaiah off and take Harden on for the final possession of the half. Drove right down the lane and finished with the pretty little finger roll as he picked up the foul. Went 4 for 4 in the second with all his shots coming within 10 feet of the basket. The third quarter quickly devolved into garbage time as Cousins melted down and the offense became stagnant again. Didn't do anything of note during this period. Became involved again as the quarter dragged on, but it was full out garbage time at this point. Still he went 9 for 10 after starting out 0 for 5 while taking a well though out approach to getting his offense back on track. --Henkel

Michelle Monaghan -- that whole quiet girl next door thing she has going for her turns out to be more than an act. She's a small town heartland girl who grew up in an Iowa town of 700 people, was studying journalism at a small college, but ran out of money and caught a job as a fashion model. The rest just grew from there.

Stats: 5min 3pts (1-2, 0-0, 1-2) 0reb 0ast 0stl 0blk 0TO
Thompson ( INC ) -- Thompson started the game, and only a few possessions in, hustled his butt down the floor, beating both Terrence Jones and Dwight Howard for an easy dunk. While Howard got one basket back on a DMC goaltending when going up over JT, Howard didn't actually get an opportunity to get off against JT. Why not? Thompson collected his second technical foul only five minutes into the game, and that was it. Hold on, what's that? It was his second *personal* foul? *Personal* foul? So why didn't he get back in the game? The answer is "I have no idea". Sure, Evans was playing well but there are two post slots in most lineups and it's not like Aaron Gray was anchoring things out there. I can't grade a guy on five minutes, but it wasn't like he didn't belong on the floor out there. --Capt.

Alona Tal -- Israeli actress.

Stats: 20min 16pts (6-13, 0-0, 4-5) 6reb 1ast 1stl 0blk 2TO
Cousins ( F ) -- I'm sure most have one thing and one thing only on their mind right now regarding Boogie, but as a grader it's my job to go over how he actually played/produced from the jump. I don't blame anyone for skimming through this part. Started this one off immediately getting a reverse layup to drop as he was fouled for the 3pt play. Followed that with a bad forced jumper against Dwight. Then had a monster dunk coming down the lane, followed by fouling Harden while trying to receive a pass from Isaiah, picking up his 2nd foul early on. It was a mixture of good and bad. Returned in the 2nd and had by far his best stretch of the evening, going 4-4 from the field leading into halftime. Included in those four FG's were two power dunks, one after attacking off the dribble from the wing and throwing it down with two hands, the other off a great feed from Rudy. We were still getting blown off the floor but at last heading into half we could point to one positive. Boogie had his inside game going and Houston could not stop him. Then it all went downhill from there faster than a slalom medalist in Sochi. This is basically how it went. Came out and missed a little flip shot to open the 3rd. Then while rotating to cover Dwight on a lob attempt, stuck his arm out, pushed Dwight in the mid-section and got called for the foul, his 4th. Argued, got T'd up. Rudy tried to calm him as they walked to mid-court, mouthed off some more. Malone kept him in. Next possession was iso'd on the wing, drove and missed everything on a layup attempt where there was contact. Following possession, posted, turned into the lane and missed a layup. Next trip back on defense, fouled Jones for his 5th foul(9 min mark of 3rd, Malone still has him in). Stares down ref as ball is brought up-court. Attacks paint, misses another layup. Then we went to a timeout and he completely blew his top. Malone went and argued with the ref on his behalf, he decided to come off the bench and give the ref a piece of his mind, or you could say more of his mind, got his second tech, exploded some more at the ref and had to be restrained by coaches/players. Just not good. Not good at all. Whether the refs missed some calls or not and whether he was frustrated or not, he needs to keep his composure and needs to stay on the floor. After all, he calls this his team. Can't let your teammates down in that fashion and his teammates will be let down again as his next tech on the season will result in a suspension the following game. DeMarcus has made considerable strides this year with his maturity but this was a huge step back and he'll have to deal with both the local and national response to it. No one to blame but himself. --Rain

Irina Shayk -- Russian supermodels always perk up the list.

Stats: 38min 15pts (4-16, 1-7, 6-6) 1reb 0ast 4stl 0blk 0TO
McLemore ( F ) -- With the Thornton trade and Jimmer soon to be released, Ben got a career high in minutes played tonight. He was matched up against Harden, and to tell you the truth, I graded him against the Rockets in one of the earlier games and he actually did a decent defensive job in that game. (Better than I was expecting) This game was a whole other animal. Harden obliterated him. Obliterated him to the tune of 22 points in the 1st quarter. Now not all of those points were against Ben as Harden was abusing everyone, but enough of them were against Ben to make no difference. Now if a guy is going off against you then the best thing you can do is to make him work on the defensive end, and Harden is known to let players score the other way. So Ben, knowing that, decided to go to work. And he coolly took 12 shots in the first 3 and a half quarters to bring pressure against Harden, and you could tell that those shots were worrying Harden a bit. And by worry I mean that Harden might have felt as if he could lose an eye as shots clanked hard off the rim and backboard to the tune of one made shot in 12 attempts. One. Made. Shot. On. Twelve. Attempts. This while Harden is sitting on 40 points on 17 shots. Did I mention that Ben got obliterated? Now you might look at those nifty 4 steals of his and think that at least he was being disrupted, but truth be told only 1 steal was a good steal where he anticipated a pass and stole it. The other three were more of a bad dribble by a rocket resulting in a loose ball that fell right into Ben’s lap. So the steals are deceptive, so you figure, how about the rebounding. He’s shown to be a decent rebounder at the guard spot. 1 rebound…1 rebound in 38 minutes.
Ok…well how about the assists. He can make a play every once in a while. I mean Harden had 8 assists in this one so maybe….Nope. Ben had 0 assists and only one assist opportunity in the entire game. So now that I’ve beaten down Ben, there are two positives and maybe one neutral take-away. The first is that he was much more aggressive in attacking the rim, which is what Malone has been calling for. He got to the FT line 6 times and made all 6 of them.
The second is that he didn’t have any turn-overs. I mean all his missed shots were essentially turn-overs, and he did have some bad ball-handling moments, but none of those bad ball-handling moments resulted in actual turn-overs, so that’s a positive, or maybe not a positive, but at least not too much of a negative... The neutral item is that I thought Malone was going to take him out of the game with 6 minutes left, when both Outlaw and Ray came into the game to close things out. Instead Malone stuck with him, and in those last 6 minutes, in a 1 minute and 10 second stretch, he made three shots in a row. So his shooting went from 1-12 to 4-15 to maybe salvage some confidence or something. But all in all you couldn’t ask for a bigger disaster from the SG spot against the Rockets.--Uncia

Morena Baccarin -- ah, one of the lovelies from my list in the old Hot Babes draft.

Stats: 34min 12pts (4-14, 2-6, 2-3) 3reb 5ast 3stl 0blk 3TO
Thomas ( D ) -- strange grade here just in that with all the meltdowns and random subs that burst into flame all over the roster, IT, who flat out had a lousy night, actually felt like he was more "solid" in his badness, rather than catastrophic. He was boring bad, not blood pressure rising bad. Basically I'm not sure of his energy level on the night, and then the Rocket's PGs kicked his ass with their defense. He had one very brief "run" if it even qualifies where he sort of heated up, both his threes were on open feet planted setups from Cuz where Cuz called for the ball in particular to draw the double and kick it to IT, and from Evans, who was batting a ball around inside off the offensive glass and finally grabbed it and kicked it to a wide open IT. Maybe his best potential play of the night for us is when we used him as the world's tiniest backscreener on Dwight Howard, and his screen caused Howard and Cuz to bang knees and briefly sent Dwight to the lockerroom. Otherwise, almost completely ineffective. Had 1 or 2 good dropoff passes to Cuz and Gay, but generally unable to run the offense against the defensive pressure, to get any real penetration, or to shoot straight. Airballed a three, I think he fouled a three point shooter...when he did try to turn it on late, everything rolled off. Just a flat bad and very drab night. No Pizza Guy. Not even the selfish gunner. Just got locked up, couldn't get anything going, and was largely invisible. --Brick

Dylan Penn -- when these pics popped up last month I sag "whoa!". As the name might indicate, Dylan Penn is the daughter of Sean Penn and Robin Wright, and the genes worked out for her in a big way. She's a spitting image of her mom...except with a chest to boot. If they ever make a sequel to The Princess Bride, the casting is obvious.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Bench

Stats: 13min 2pts (1-1, 0-0, 0-0) 4reb 0ast 0stl 0blk 0TO
Gray ( C ) -- Didn't do much but isn't asked to do much. Barely played before it was blowout city. Did manage 4 rebs on 13 mins and hit his only shot attempt so that's something. Had little effect on the game, positive or negative.--Rain

Amanda Seyfried

Stats: 10min 4pts (2-4, 0-0, 0-0) 0reb 0ast 0stl 0blk 0TO
Landry ( INC ) -- While Thompson only played five minutes, Carl Landry was the lucky recipient of almost ten whole minutes (that's 584 seconds!) of burn tonight. In those 584 seconds he got one more technical foul (1) than he got rebounds (0). I didn't really see what he did to get the technical - he was either upset about a foul called on him in transition against James Harden (and hey, it's not like Harden didn't have superstar calls all night) or he was sick of our pathetic effort and was hoping to get the coveted DeMarcus Cousins Early Night Off. If it was the latter, it didn't work, and he had to run up and down the floor out there for another four minutes or so before Coach Malone finally told him to go play tiddlywinks with JT.--Capt.

Emily VanCamp

Stats: 23min 10pts (2-5, 0-1, 6-6) 4reb 0ast 0stl 0blk 2TO
Williams ( D+ ) -- Came in midway through the first as we were looking for a spark. Made a good cut to the basket on his first possession and drew the foul. Then threw up a forced shot from mid range resulting in the airball. Didn't manage to do much else during this stretch and his defense was suspect as usual. Replaced to start the second and sat until the final minutes of the quarter. By the time he found his way back into this one the game was well out of hand. Not a lot happening for him in the third outside of a couple of unforced turnovers. Got himself to the line a couple times during his final stretch but these were empty minutes. Doesn't contribute on defense or on the boards enough to effect a game and when he's not contributing offensively fades into the background as he did tonight. --Henkel

Koda Kumi -- Japanese, get this, R&B singer

Stats: 9min 2pts (1-3, 0-1, 0-0) 3reb 0ast 0stl 0blk 0TO
Outlaw ( D ) -- Only got 9 minutes in this one and the last 6 were the last 6 of the game during extreme garbage time. He got 3 minutes in the 1st quarter with Malone hoping that perhaps his length could help against Harden. It didn’t. He couldn’t stop Harden, was ineffective on the offensive end, and after 3 minutes Malone had seen enough and left him on the bench till the very end of the game. He had 1 nice play in garbage time with an offensive rebound and put-back dunk, but it was pretty meaningless. So he had his chance to try to make an impact and it didn’t work.--Uncia

Christina Applegate -- its hard to know which way to go with someone who has had her health problems, but given the nature of the thread I'll reach back to her younger days.

Stats: 25min 6pts (2-8, 0-0, 2-2) 3reb 4ast 0stl 0blk 1TO
McCallum ( C- ) -- after long stretch of ineffective play as we got embarrassed came up with a strong defensive sequence staying in front of Beverley in the mid 2nd as we started to show signs of life. Of course this is Patirck Beverley we are talking about, amazingly another one of those non-scoring PGs on an elite team Jerry doesn't think exist. Almost hit the half courter going into the 4th, but waved off. Spent time at both guard spots again. Not effective as a scorer, or really as a creater either as he still couldn't get anything going to the paint, seemed to be easily cut off, and settled for long midrange jumpers off his dribble that routinely bricked. I don't have any feel for his proper scale yet, but suffice it to say that a) we did not lose this game because of Ray, but b) that there was no evidence that he would get to play a similar role to the one he is playing now on a good team. --Brick

Stats: 24min 8pts (3-5, 0-0, 2-4) 8reb 1ast 2stl 0blk 0TO
Evans ( B- ) -- Admittedly, Reggie Evans is terrible at most aspects of basketball, but there are three things he does well, he hustles and he rebounds and he sets screens. Brutal, bruising screens. Evans was inserted into a blowout and played hard when it looked like the entire team had given up. By the time he fouled out he had picked up 8 boards, 8 points, two steals and a ton of respect from me. Sure, he doesn't play great defense (and he has absolutely no answer for Dwight Howard) but it's so nice to see a guy position himself for the offensive rebound as DeMarcus is receiving the ball in the post rather than when the ball is in the air. It's nice to see a guy who goes out there and thinks it's his responsibility to set screens. Sure, his offensive game is terrible, but he tends to only take putbacks (though he may take advantage here and there during garbagetime...for instance, you knew the Rockets had quit on the game when Evans took the ball from the top of the key and drove right to the hoop for an easy layup. But I guess it's OK to quit on the game when you're up by 25. Unlike say, our team, who quit coming out the gates. --Capt.

Helena Mattsson

Stats: 6min 0pts (0-3, 0-0, 0-0) 2reb 0ast 1stl 0blk 1TO
Acy ( C ) -- Jumped over by Evans in the rotation and saw less time because of it. Probably wouldn't have played if this wasn't such a one-sided stomping. Brought his usual intensity but didn't have much time to do anything worth noting. Missed all his shots but did briefly contribute on the defensive end.
--Rain

Gisele Bundchen

Last edited:
Didn't even notice until i saw it blurred out on NBA TV that DeMarcus flipped the ref off when Corliss was holding him. So that should be a fun fine

This effort and performance was an utter embarrassment. There's really no other way to spin it. The team is unravelling. While I understand that PDA inherited a mess of a roster, he really hasn't improved it at all despite turning over 2/3 of it. 8 new faces, same old' BS. No defense, no effort, little talent, little hope.

Worst of all, the losing is pushing our best player over the edge.

Ben, my tolerance for him is in the ground. A lot of people thought we had the talent of the 2013 draft with that pick and has been nothing but a bust so far. For me, if he continues on the same pace you still have to look at that position long term this summer. He has just given me nothing to go on as a fan so far, and as of now looks to be another strike out in the lottery for this franchise over the last 7 years

I find it pretty disgusting that we got destroyed by the Rockets. All they do is run up and down and chuck 3 pointers and not play a lick of defense (typically at least). Heck they kept letting us cut into their lead by not playing any defense at all

Sometimes I wonder how exactly Cousins fits into the FO's desired "high-character guys" mold while guys like Jimmer don't. I'm not comparing their basketball abilities, but the FO was the one who made such statements.. Ah who am I kidding, this FO talks as if they were trying to make up for all of GP's years of silence. Loads of talk, same ol product on the court

Funny that I was getting blasted just last week for suggesting that maybe just maybe Demarcus Cousins is a small part of the problem (as to why the team is losing). I had the audacity to say not all the blame should fall on Isaiah Thomas (the scapegoat who I admitted has big deficiencies) and that Cousins as the face of the franchise must at least share a little of the responsibility for the losing. I also said that Cousins is not yet a finished product, he's not yet a true leader, he doesn't yet make his teammates better, and he's not yet a "winning" player that essentially wills his team to victory. All things that people either argued about or made excuses for him.......... but you all better hope he improves at because if not that means this franchise is going nowhere

Yet here we are a week later, Cousins starts to boil over the weekend and he blows up tonight like a child showing no leadership in a bad loss.

How am I wrong again about Cousins? Oh yeah I'm not just like I wasn't about Tyreke Evans (how is his career doing since 20-5-5 ?)

It's time for so many on this forum to finally start realizing that success in basketball is about so much more than just stats and raw talent. There are so many incredibly talented players around the league that lose games and have even made a long career of losing games because they don't possess those rare intangibles that only true leaders and "winners" have. Sure talent and stats are incredibly important but at the end of the day what ultimately leads to wins (instead of losses) is leadership and composure from your best players.

A player like Tim Duncan is a perfect example of what I am talking about. Is Tim Duncan more talented than Demarcus Cousins right now? No not even close. Was Tim Duncan in his prime really that much more talented than Cousins right now? No not really, talent wise they are very comparable. So why has Tim Duncan kept winning all of these years and why was he winning literally right from the start????? Cue up the "Tim Duncan has always had a more talented supporting cast than Cousins ever has" arguments.

You can make that argument about supporting cast and it has plenty of merit but I can also make the same argument that so many of Tim Duncan's supporting cast (turned all-stars) over the years were late first round picks, second round picks, and even un-drafted castways or supposed scrubs from the D-League. What is the one constant over the years where the Spurs continually get lucky and turn all of this trash to treasure? Probably a little bit the coach and probably even a little bit luck........but the one constant is that the "face of the franchise" Tim Duncan is a true leader that makes his teammates better, is coachable, leads by example, plays consistent defense, and has acted like a professional since Day 1 when he entered the league. That is why the Spurs win, that's why they have been winning so long, and that is why so many of his teammates have turned into this "great supporting cast". I say this as a guy that doesn't even like Tim Duncan by the way, the dude is kind of smug and he annoys me but I recognize all of the immeasurable intangibles that he possesses. Quite simply Tim Duncan is a winner and he does things that winners do. They don't show up in the stat sheet, on the highlight reel, or in an interview but they do showup in the standings.

So far Demarcus Cousins has proven to be a loser, he does things that losers do, and people makes excuses for him like losers do.

The big question is he willing to change?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Was a Harden a friggin surprise? Heck no. You could call that one from outer space.

The reason I stopped watching this friggin game after the middle of the second quarter was I saw from the very beginning of the game Cousins not get back on defense, not getting back on defense again, not getting back on defense again, NOT getting back on defense AGAIN. There was no freaking excuse for him not getting back on defense! He came on the court lazy and he kept acting lazy, and of course he had his attitude like it was him against the world. And now after skimming through the replay I see he got himself kicked out. That's just freaking perfect. He set himself up by his attitude and his laziness and then he blames others for it and gets kicked out the game. That's just beautiful, Cousins. And I could not care less if he had 100 points, he was a sorry-a$$ lazy player with no respect for his team, for his opponent, for his coaches, or for himself. It was "pathetic"!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
...So anyway, who cares about all that. Ben is terrible. IT was miserable. Cousins embarrassed himself. Jason may have just gotten himself benched. Malone may not have control and now has an interesting sitdown with Boogie coming. But on the other hand, we have Pretty Girls. So life could be worse.
No, it can't be worse. I know the Pretty Girls threads are supposed to cheer all the guys up, but at this point it's just kinda pathetic. Is there a way we could have an alternate games thread for those who just don't want to see smiling faces after a game like this? I'd rather see something like worst disasters in history or epic train wrecks or biggest failures or something more fitting.

Just me with a cup overflowing with sour grapes. I got home late, turned on the game and wished I hadn't hurried home.

I've been a staunch defender of DMC since day 1. Right now, if I could, I would smack him up side the head. This crap has to stop. He did apologize on Facebook and Twitter:

Demarcus Cousins

Disappointed with the way I acted out on the court tonight. I want to apologize and say sorry to my team and the fans for letting them down.
I hope and pray that he's serious and that he's finally had an epiphany. He's too damned good to throw it all away.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Funny that I was getting blasted just last week for suggesting that maybe just maybe Demarcus Cousins is a small part of the problem (as to why the team is losing). I had the audacity to say not all the blame should fall on Isaiah Thomas (the scapegoat who I admitted has big deficiencies) and that Cousins as the face of the franchise must at least share a little of the responsibility for the losing. I also said that Cousins is not yet a finished product, he's not yet a true leader, he doesn't yet make his teammates better, and he's not yet a "winning" player that essentially wills his team to victory. All things that people either argued about or made excuses for him.......... but you all better hope he improves at because if not that means this franchise is going nowhere

Yet here we are a week later, Cousins starts to boil over the weekend and he blows up tonight like a child showing no leadership in a bad loss.

How am I wrong again about Cousins? Oh yeah I'm not just like I wasn't about Tyreke Evans (how is his career doing since 20-5-5 ?)

It's time for so many on this forum to finally start realizing that success in basketball is about so much more than just stats and raw talent. There are so many incredibly talented players around the league that lose games and have even made a long career of losing games because they don't possess those rare intangibles that only true leaders and "winners" have. Sure talent and stats are incredibly important but at the end of the day what ultimately leads to wins (instead of losses) is leadership and composure from your best players.

A player like Tim Duncan is a perfect example of what I am talking about. Is Tim Duncan more talented than Demarcus Cousins right now? No not even close. Was Tim Duncan in his prime really that much more talented than Cousins right now? No not really, talent wise they are very comparable. So why has Tim Duncan kept winning all of these years and why was he winning literally right from the start????? Cue up the "Tim Duncan has always had a more talented supporting cast than Cousins ever has" arguments.

You can make that argument about supporting cast and it has plenty of merit but I can also make the same argument that so many of Tim Duncan's supporting cast (turned all-stars) over the years were late first round picks, second round picks, and even un-drafted castways or supposed scrubs from the D-League. What is the one constant over the years where the Spurs continually get lucky and turn all of this trash to treasure? Probably a little bit the coach and probably even a little bit luck........but the one constant is that the "face of the franchise" Tim Duncan is a true leader that makes his teammates better, is coachable, leads by example, plays consistent defense, and has acted like a professional since Day 1 when he entered the league. That is why the Spurs win, that's why they have been winning so long, and that is why so many of his teammates have turned into this "great supporting cast". I say this as a guy that doesn't even like Tim Duncan by the way, the dude is kind of smug and he annoys me but I recognize all of the immeasurable intangibles that he possesses. Quite simply Tim Duncan is a winner and he does things that winners do. They don't show up in the stat sheet, on the highlight reel, or in an interview but they do showup in the standings.

So far Demarcus Cousins has proven to be a loser, he does things that losers do, and people makes excuses for him like losers do.

The big question is he willing to change?
Amazing what crawls out of the woodwork when our team has a bad night and almost all the wheels fall off the bus.

Amazing what crawls out of the woodwork when our team has a bad night and almost all the wheels fall off the bus.
Lmao. I'm not on the trade DMC bus because I'm not in the locker room and can't hear what happens. But DMC has been in the league for years now and sometimes it looks like things will never change.. IF he is the problem, I am on board to move him.

No I said it a week ago (partially defending Isaiah Thomas) before all this happened and I said it multiple times months ago. Essentially if you say anything bad about Cousins here on any day/night other than when he has one of his "episodes" you get slammed and told you don't know what you are talking about. That's what young talent and ability does to fans it often blinds them from the truth.

Sure Cousins has been better this year and has shown some signs of being a little more mature but he still has a long way to go. So many people here talk about him as if he is a finished product and as if he is ready to lead a team right now and as I said in the earlier post you all better hope he has room for improvement (especially on the intangibles) because if this is all he has in terms of leadership and composure then this team is really in trouble going forward.

Time for the fans and management to stop coddling this guy and making excuses for him. Does he want to be a real leader? Or does he want to be another "what if he had ever reached his full potential"guy?

Was a Harden a friggin surprise? Heck no. You could call that one from outer space.

The reason I stopped watching this friggin game after the middle of the second quarter was I saw from the very beginning of the game Cousins not get back on defense, not getting back on defense again, not getting back on defense again, NOT getting back on defense AGAIN. There was no freaking excuse for him not getting back on defense! He came on the court lazy and he kept acting lazy, and of course he had his attitude like it was him against the world. And now after skimming through the replay I see he got himself kicked out. That's just freaking perfect. He set himself up by his attitude and his laziness and then he blames others for it and gets kicked out the game. That's just beautiful, Cousins. And I could not care less if he had 100 points, he was a sorry-a$$ lazy player with no respect for his team, for his opponent, for his coaches, or for himself. It was "pathetic"!
Very true. Paul Westphal could have told use this would keep resurfacing a couple years ago. He wouldn't put up with it and I don't blame him at all. Old school player coaches won't put up with this. Not Westphal, certainly not Jerry Sloan. Petrie as well, but his hands were tied at the time. They draw the line right there and say it's me or him. That's why Westphal left or was "excused"

posted on his Facebook page

Demarcus Cousins
Disappointed with the way I acted out on the court tonight. I want to apologize and say sorry to my team and the fans for letting them down
We read that and automatically hope that he has finally figured it out, but we have been through this so many times with him that I refuse to believe it now until I see it, and not just for the next game, the rest of the season. The thing that worries me is that if Cousins doesn't change, guys like Rudy are walking, no way a guy of his talent wants to spend the next 4 years playing with Cousins, he's being a pro out there, but you can tell the antics are getting to him. If only I could be a fly on the wall that follows the team, because my feeling is what we see in the games is just the tip of the iceberg with Cousins.

Sometimes I wonder how exactly Cousins fits into the FO's desired "high-character guys" mold while guys like Jimmer don't. I'm not comparing their basketball abilities, but the FO was the one who made such statements.. Ah who am I kidding, this FO talks as if they were trying to make up for all of GP's years of silence. Loads of talk, same ol product on the court
Actually, all the players who they've signed, picked and acquired are good character guys. Moute, Landry, Mclemore, McCallum, Williams, Gay, Acy, Gray. All good team players

The only attitudes, multiple technical fouls, and less than positive professional behavior have come from players already on the roster. You know who they are...