[Grades] Grades v. Hawks 3/9/2015

How many new faces will we see to start next season?

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 10-11

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 8-9

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • 6-7

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • 4-5

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • 2-3

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • 0-1

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

I liked school. I was one of those people who could easily have become a school junkie. I have 2 more degrees than I really need, just because I liked learning stuff. Pondered taking some time to finish up another one lately too.

Now being TAKEN to school however...that's not as much fun. If you didn't have to watch this game, only have it on tape delay -- don't. Just don't. There is absolutely no point to it. I had to watch it, there's no reason for the pain to spread. The Hawks literally set several NBA season records against us. At halftime they were on pace to score 150. They slowed down...and only dropped 130 on us. DO NOT WATCH IT. I'll briefly describe whatever action needs describing below. And gee, that Malone fella sure is looking smarter by the minute. Yikes.

Normally of course Girls, but been a lot of them lately again. So I'll give the ladies around here a choice: either a) I can do Girls, or b) since we got spanked and abused I can do something 50 Shades of Grey related. Don't worry...too much.

P.S. BTW, in 10 games under Karl we are allowing 109.5pts/gm on defense. Where is Corbin when you need him as defensive coordinator?

Boxscore

Stats: 35min 23pts (10-15, 3-4, 0-0) 4reb 1ast 0stl 1blk 4TO
Gay ( D- ) -- If you looked at nothing but the box score, 23 points, on 10 of 15 shooting, 4 rebounds and 1 assist, you'd probably think his grade should be at least a B. I purposely left out the 4 turnovers and 0 fouls, because they tell the complete story. The reason Gay had zero fouls, is because he was never close enough to anyone he was supposed to be guarding to touch them, much less foul them. I seriously considered giving him an F. I have never seen anyone of his stature go thought an entire game just wandering around the key. It got to a point later in the game, where I had no idea who he was supposed to be guarding because he was near no one. His one good moment came when he blocked Milsap's shot along the left baseline. It's a shame becasue his shot was on target tonight. He started by hitting a pullup 16 footer. He followed that with a corner three. A bit later he scored on a putback of his own missed shot, but in between that putback, and the corner three, a lot of bad things happened. First he cheated way off of Carroll, who hit a three. Then he left Carroll to double on the ball, and Carroll slipped past him for a backdoor. Gay then threw a horrible pass that never got there which ended up being a layup for the Hawks. He followed that with another bad pass for a turnover. He then switched to Korver, who he wandered away from, and Korver hit a three. I think you get the picture. This was just the beginning, when he was at least going through the motions of actually being in the same state as the player he was defending. In the second half he became a total spectator on the floor. I watched a long rebound go right over his head and land about two feet behind him as the stood there and watched Carroll run about 12 feet from where he was to grab the rebound. Gay never moved. In one of his final sequences, his man, Scott I believe set up just outside the three point line on the left elbow. Korver was set up in the left corner being guarded by Stauskas. Gay was no where to be found. Stauskas looked over and saw Scott standing there unguarded, and headed in his direction to arrive at about the same time as the ball. But of course, the ball went immediately from Scott to Korver who hit a three. By my count, Gay is responsible for a minimum of 19 points scored by the Hawks. All uncontested shots. But hey, he scored 23 points. He's probably sleeping well tonight. --Baja

Stats: 16min 6pts (2-4, 0-0, 2-2) 3reb 0ast 1stl 0blk 0TO
Landry ( C ) -- got the surprise start, very likely to match up with the only slightly larger Milsap. General impressions would be that Milsap wasn't really the problem tonight, although he did come alive for a while in the 3rd. Other general impression would be that under George Karl Carl Landry's career has gone to utter crap. Karl either never liked him a bit, or think s he's finished. Either way, we basically didn't run a single play to utilize Carl's scoring ability, and other than scoring ability what does Carl Landry have? We seem to think he's Louis Admundsen now. So he was completely invisible until near the end of his minutes when he made a couple of good hustle plays for follows. Added another garbage type follow in the early 3rd during his second stint. And that was basically the sum total of his outing: three garbage type follows, and the honor of guarding a PF who wasn't needed by his team because everybody else was scoring so easily. No other shots not other rebounds, $6.5mil a year. --Brick

Stats: 32min 12pts (3-9, 0-0, 6-6) 14reb 6ast 1stl 0blk 1TO
Cousins ( C ) -- alright, an since I'm late I'm going to stay fairly brief. First and most important note in this one: the Atlanta Hawks were NOT going to let DeMarcus Cousins beat them in this one. If they had to guard him 5 on 1, they were going to do it (I think they may have tried that once), and they were going to make his teammates beat them. And really for the most part -- there were a few forced plays here and there -- Cuz tired to absorb Karl's "if the game calls for a pass, pass" philosophy in response to that. The great and enormous difficulty to that was that in the early game the guys he kicked those passes to simply refused to hit the open threes they were getting -- the gap between their shooting and ours was pathetic, and as soon as these grades are over I'm going to be putting up a thread on the distressing play of Ben. In fact by the time Cuz sat down for the first time he was 0-3, the first two when he was blocked twice by Horford (once on a jumper) in the first minute of the game, and the third when after about 4 straight misses by our "shooters" (this was an easy 10 assist game for him if he were surrounded by the Hawks as teammates rather than our guys) he finally got tired of it and just tried to go across the lane into all those arms. But Cuz not getting a hoop until late in the half was not really a case of Cuz sucking. The Hawks simply said no, and that was that, and the only thing that could have changed it would have been deadly shooting from the other guys, which we don't have. The other end however was less defensible. The bulk of the really terrible defense in this one was our perimeter guys who have jsut reached a level of you gotta be kidding me at this point that is embarrassing. But Cuz himself did not look as focused as he can be, and Horford, who looks to be about a 235 tweener forward anymore, was able to get around him repeatedly with drives and upfakes from the perimeter. Cuz wasn't the problem on defense, he still probably made more good plays on that end than anybody else, but he also made a lot of mistakes and I deeply worry how the embarrassing perimeter D is effecting his willingness to bust his own butt on that end. He began to get a little productivity getting to the line in the late 2nd, and in the third began to get his own game going a little, aided by different shooters actually hitting some of those kickouts. He really really didn't force a fugly night. he ended up with only 1 TO, hit half his shots after the 0-3 start. He was pretty good on the boards (not many were heavily contested). It wasn't a total disaster as far as level of play. But as far as level of productivity? Oh yeah. The Hawks flat took away our engine, and besides Rudy who they were clearly willing to live with and dare to beat them by himself, the rest of our mediocrities were rendered as dangerous as kittens. Its just hard to figure that into this grade. Mostly it felt like Cuz kind of did what he could do given how he was played. --Brick

Stats: 28min 12pts (4-16, 2-8, 2-2) 1reb 3ast 0stl 0blk 2TO
McLemore ( D- ) -- this might be another F, but its just that after the complete collapse in Orlando, anything looked better. But Ben...he really hurt us today. A lesson you might have drawn from this game is that the Hawks had utterly no respect for him...nor should they. They built their gameplan around the idea that they could blatantly smother Boogie with as many men as it took, and they didn't think Ben was capable of shooting them out of it. And again, they were right. Again and again in the early going the kicks came out of the post to Ben, or another perimeter guy who slung it to Ben, and brick, brick brick brick. I think he was 0-5 from 3pt land in the first quarter. And on the other end...what has happened over there? How many times do you have to take your 6'4" athletic butt UNDER a screen against some of the deadliest 3pt shooters in the league before you go...hmmm... Well for Ben, apparently that hmm... moment still hasn't come as he continues to stumble around out on the perimeter like a baby gazelle, all limbs going in all directions. Between he and Rudy it was...wow. The Hawks were literally on pace to score 150 on us by half. I eventually bumped him here to a D- because late in the game after it was long long lost he finally hit a couple of shots, but I mean...he;s failing now. This is his audition an he's failing and I don't have any idea why. He just looks lost all over again. --Brick

Stats: 29min 15pts (6-10, 1-2, 2-2) 3reb 5ast 2stl 0blk 3TO
McCallum ( C ) -- in the early going while this turned into a rout Ray was almost entirely absent. Teague certainly treated him that way on defense, where basically we didn't have any and their PGs could just walk around wherever they wanted and drop off little psasses to three point shooters, who could take whatever open shot THEY wanted. I response...well Ray had nothing. Was having trouble even bringing the ball up and getting us into our offense with more than 10 seconds to go on the clock. Had no idea at all how to get the ball to Cuz in the face of all the pressure. He got a single little dribble turnaround jumper, had multiple TOs and ballhandling errors that just fueled the Atlanta offense and just...help. But as it is sometimes with Ray, after he settled in, late in the half he began to work with Cuz and his point total began to lurch forward. Early in the third he blew another Cuz assist, but got the board and put it back in. A couple of minutes later he got an open court dunk. It was still so incredibly shaky and amateur compared to what the other team was throwing at us, but there was production, and most of it in a rush from the late 2nd into the early 3rd. Along with Nik(1) it at least gave us some sort of guardplay, some sort of pushback. --Brick

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Bench

Stats: 22min 6pts (2-3, 0-1, 2-2) 2reb 3ast 2stl 0blk 2TO
Miller ( D ) -- a game where the ravages of father time were rather more evident than not, and Dre was reduced to just a bit of saavy and knowledge with almost no physical to back it up. A few times we, or he, went into the post and got a few things to go over the Hawks PGs, but it was such a tiny and hopeless response to the barrage launched against us that it almost seemed pathetic. We ran a little smoother with Andre as usual. Lost his minutes by less than we lost most guys' minutes. He again -- and I have to wonder if Karl is not telling them stupid stuff, or if Karl is not himself just an aging mouthpiece for the whole franchise's stupid stuff -- because AGAIN Miller threw a fullcourt pass out to a streaking player for a TO. And its just such a stupid play -- in fact one I used to be known for always attempting like an idiot -- it seems wildly out of place in a 60yr veteran like Miller. Defensively it was hopeless. He did not have the quickness, and the end result is that he was playing so far off guys they just got their shots like it was in warmups. Two years into our awesome new regime, our guardline is jsut a ruin. --Brick

Stats: 22min 6pts (3-6, 0-1, 0-0) 3reb 2stl 0stl 0blk 2TO
Casspi ( D+ ) -- Omri must have been watching Gay from the bench and decided to emulate his defensive technique, because the momet he came into the game he cheated off Carroll and couldn't get back in time as Carroll hit a three. I gave him a D+ because I felt that he was at least trying. Omri scored 6 points in 22 minutes of play. He also lost Korver a couple of times but only paid once. He did have a very nice reverse layup after driving the right baseline. There's just not much more to say. At times he was invisible, which is rare for Omri. I'll give him this, everytime the Kings made any noise at all, Omri seemed to be on the floor. For what that's worth. I'm not going to drink heavily and forget this game ever happened. --Baja

Stats: 19min 6pts (2-4, 0-2, 2-2) 2reb 0ast 1stl 0blk 0TO
Williams ( C- ) -- got out in the open court a few times in his minutes. Couldn't shoot better than anybody else, making him worthless as a spacer. Looked more outclassed and unable to make any sort of impact on the debacle going on than he did awful. --Brick

Stats: 16min 9pts (3-9, 0-0, 3-4) 6reb 0ast 2stl 1blk 1TO
Thompson ( C+ ) -- reduced to backup center, he was one of the few guys on the team where you could feel his presence at any point in the game. Came in and immediately quick shot a turnaround in the post, got a drive and jam in the early 2nd and was minorly effective until a big over the back call going for an offensive rebound. Had another spurt of play where hey, at least he was a bit of a presence for a few minutes, after half. In this one, that was about all we were going to get. --Brick

Stats: 21min 10pts (4-5, 2-2, 0-0) 2reb 1ast 1stl 0blk 1TO
Stauskas ( B- ) -- you know what? Defensively he was no worse, and may have even been a little better than the rest of the guards. And offensively, he was a very minor player, but he knocked down his shots. He knocked them down, and that was all we really needed somebody to do to try to free Cuz from prison. Am I wildly enthused? No. Lots of garbagetime too. But he mostly did his job about as well as better as anybody else did theirs this time. --Brick

Last edited:
because you know i'm all about that pace, bout that pace, no trouble.. i'm all about that pace, bout that pace, no trouble..

we're in the top what 6 in pace since karl has taken over. we are scoring more :D

gunks

Hall of Famer
Normally of course Girls, but been a lot of them lately again. So I'll give the ladies around here a choice: either a) I can do Girls, or b) since we got spanked and abused I can do something 50 Shades of Grey related. Don't worry...too much.

placeholder...
Good theme choice. Because clearly, those of us who still post on this board and follow the Kings are hard core masochists. Closeted or otherwise. At this point there is no other reason to follow the team.

You should do greatest Hawks players instead of girls in honor of their record night. That team is fun to watch, they have no superstars but they play great TEAM basketball on both ends. I'll be rooting for them in the playoffs. As much as it irked me to hear their announcers tear our team to shreds, it was all true, this team is a pile of garbage.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
50 shades of grey? No thanks. Girls? I don't think there should be ANY bright point from tonight's game. If I were in charge of themes, tonight would be ugly animals ... like platypus, elephant seals, etc.

I liked school. I was one of those people who could easily have become a school junkie. I have 2 more degrees than I really need, just because I liked learning stuff. Pondered taking some time to finish up another one lately too.

Now being TAKEN to school however...that's not as much fun. If you didn't have to watch this game, only have it on tape delay -- don't. Just don't. There is absolutely no point to it. I had to watch it, there's no reason for the pain to spread. The Hawks literally set several NBA season records against us. At halftime they were on pace to score 150. They slowed down...and only dropped 130 on us. DO NOT WATCH IT. I'll briefly describe whatever action needs describing below. And gee, that Malone fella sure is looking smarter by the minute. Yikes.

P.S. BTW, in 10 games under Karl we are allowing 109.5pts/gm on defense. Where is Corbin when you need him as defensive coordinator?

placeholder...
We need a theme for every time you do Girls. Just so its a bit fresh every time.

I took your advice, Brick, and only watched the first 10 minutes or so. When I watched it I already knew the score thru 5 minutes of the second Q. Our guys are just not with it on offense or defense. I truly hope Karl is learning what he needs to know about our players so we have half a chance of fixing the roster for next year and stop the bleeding.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
  • One of the things that I couldn't help but notice was the contrast between how hard the Hawks come off screens, compared to us; I had pretty decent sight lines to the court tonight, and it really stood out. They fight around screens harder, both on offense and on defense.
  • Another thing that really stood out, when comparing our team to the Hawks is that Bill Simmons was right: aside from Andre Miller, we don't have a single player on this team whose first instinct when they get the ball is to pass. Atlanta gets great shots because they're always moving the ball, and we... don't.
  • I'm never going to trip about Cousins bringing the ball up the court in transition, ever again. I watched us go what felt like four straight possessions in the first quarter where Cousins didn't touch the ball on offense. Then, I decided to keep count in the second quarter, and watched as we went seven straight possession without Cousins getting a single touch on offense. And, if the Hawks hadn't gotten into the penalty, it would have been eleven straight possessions where Cousins didn't touch the ball on offense. Not surprisingly, once they finally started getting Cousins the ball, we scored on, like, five straight possessions, and Cousins either scored or assisted on all five.
    • I can't help but remember Doug Christie's comments during one of the previous post games about how, if he noticed that they went three possessions without Webber touching the ball, he'd go out of his way to make sure that Webb touched the ball on the very next offensive possession. D'Alessandro acquiring somebody to be Cousins' "Christie" would be a damned good start.

On a much lighter note, I was annoyed by one of the time out features being a 'stilt boxing match' between Harry the Hawk and some dope in a cheesy lion costume that they claimed was Slamson, but was very clearly not, to anyone who's ever seen Slamson. There were also some shenanigans going on during the Kiss Cam.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
This game should become the standard reference game on video for the Kings as to how to play Team ball, move without the ball, share, cut, and defend the middle. They should have to watch it every day then every week in the off season. Taken to school? Yep, big time but we all (mostly) learned stuff in school and got better grades (played better) because of learning. Knowing Karl is experimenting and having a 30 game training camp, this is another step along the way.

Nik shows improvement, Rudy steps up but the PF position is needing solution along with dependable bench. Even Cuz can learn a lot from this game as some teams will just do a better job of clogging the middle and taking his down low game away. Now he has to learn how to take advantage. Six assists is a good start.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
You should do greatest Hawks players instead of girls in honor of their record night. That team is fun to watch, they have no superstars but they play great TEAM basketball on both ends. I'll be rooting for them in the playoffs. As much as it irked me to hear their announcers tear our team to shreds, it was all true, this team is a pile of garbage.
Dominique Wilkins would not be quiet and kept saying Carroll and Korver were going to have good games and he was spot on.

• One of the things that I couldn't help but notice was the contrast between how hard the Hawks come off screens, compared to us; I had pretty decent sight lines to the court tonight, and it really stood out. They fight around screens harder, both on offense and on defense.
  • Another thing that really stood out, when comparing our team to the Hawks is that Bill Simmons was right: aside from Andre Miller, we don't have a single player on this team whose first instinct when they get the ball is to pass. Atlanta gets great shots because they're always moving the ball, and we... don't.
  • I'm never going to trip about Cousins bringing the ball up the court in transition, ever again. I watched us go what felt like four straight possessions in the first quarter where Cousins didn't touch the ball on offense. Then, I decided to keep count in the second quarter, and watched as we went seven straight possession without Cousins getting a single touch on offense. And, if the Hawks hadn't gotten into the penalty, it would have been eleven straight possessions where Cousins didn't touch the ball on offense. Not surprisingly, once they finally started getting Cousins the ball, we scored on, like, five straight possessions, and Cousins either scored or assisted on all five.
    • I can't help but remember Doug Christie's comments during one of the previous post games about how, if he noticed that they went three possessions without Webber touching the ball, he'd go out of his way to make sure that Webb touched the ball on the very next offensive possession. D'Alessandro acquiring somebody to be Cousins' "Christie" would be a damned good start.
On a much lighter note, I was annoyed by one of the time out features being a 'stilt boxing match' between Harry the Hawk and some dope in a cheesy lion costume that they claimed was Slamson, but was very clearly not, to anyone who's ever seen Slamson. There were also some shenanigans going on during the Kiss Cam.
When did Simmons say that? I'm just curious. I think Simmons does genuinely follow the Kings. It's always nice to see his intake on our team

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
And another thing: I'd like to join Capt. Factorial in officially being over "Seven Nation Army." I remember how that song used to be in heavy rotation on my PT playlist, and then I think to myself, "Son of a *****, that was thirteen years ago!"

Then again, how many years did it take before they finally stopped playing "We Will Rock You" at the arenas? So, we may just have to lay back and think of England for a while.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
And another thing: I'd like to join Capt. Factorial in officially being over "Seven Nation Army." I remember how that song used to be in heavy rotation on my PT playlist, and then I think to myself, "Son of a *****, that was thirteen years ago!"

Then again, how many years did it take before they finally stopped playing "We Will Rock You" at the arenas? So, we may just have to lay back and think of England for a while.
It's especially sad when the arena PA staff plays the song expecting everyone to 'sing' along and only a half-dozen or so drunk college dudes join in.

Can we just play some genuinely good D and forget about pace and tempo?!

FFS, how about we are successful in stopping a chair, let alone an opponent once in a while!

As talented as Rudy is, he probably needs to go.

His effort and interest left with Malone. He signed here to play for Malone, got stabbed in the back, and now just doesn't care. It's plainly obvious.

He's trying less for Karl than he did with Corbin.

Even in the dark days of blaming Malone (that was never my thing) for every loss, it was always the roster. Malone was overachieving in a dramatic way early. Coach of the year stuff. Really. Everything that has happened since makes Malone look better and better. He should get another job no problem.

It amuses me greatly that it took Karl coming in for everyone to suddenly realize the limitations of the roster. With Malone, it was the rotations, this and that, blah blah blah, boring offense, no jazz, blah, blah, blah. No good coach would go 2-9 just cause boogie is out, blah blah blah. ISO this, ISO that. Blowing leads? All Malones fault, right? Karl blew a 16 point lead against Miami. Must be his rotations.

Do we need a better coach? I mean, there are still 5 out there with more career wins. Maybe if we get one of them?

Makes me laugh thinking back.

The team looks worse than ever. The defense especially, my god.

Yeah yeah, let's all move on. We are so lucky to have George karl well past his prime. Yep, lucky us indeed. The players are really responding.

Are we having fun yet?

YES. i've said it before, but one of my constant gripes is about the overwhelmingly conservative nature of all major sporting arena and stadiums when it comes to their music selection. it's one thing to shoot for "familiar," it's another thing to consistently play the f***ing addams family theme song over the PA in an abominably weak attempt to coax audience participation. the mediocre 1991 film version and the terrible sequel it spawned were based on a show from the '60's, which was itself based on a comic strip from the 40's. unless hollywood is planning yet another "reboot" of a minor franchise, the addams family hasn't been relevant in over twenty years, yet during every single kings game i attend, that goddamned harpsichord and those goddamned fingersnaps make an appearance...

if i were elected Ruler in Chief of All Things Musical, among my first orders of business would be to outlaw the public airing of the following songs in any sporting venue (or really, at any public place anywhere in the world):

Queen - "We Will Rock You" (see also: "We Are the Champions")
Ozzy Osbourne - "Crazy Train"
Guns 'n' Roses - "Sweet Child O' Mine" (see also: "Welcome to the Jungle")
Metallica - "Enter Sandman"
Journey - "Don't Stop Believin'"
The White Stripes - "Seven Nation Army"
Blur - "Song 2"
House of Pain - "Jump Around"
The Alan Parsons Project - "Sirius"
Survivor - "Eye of the Tiger"
Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Sweet Home Alabama"
Green Day - "Brain Stew"
AC/DC - "Thunderstruck" (see also: "TNT," "Back in Black," "Hells Bells," and pretty much every AC/DC song ever)
Smashmouth - "All Star"
Eminem - "Lose Yourself"
Vic Mizzy (that's quite a name) - "The Addams Family Theme Song"

this certainly belongs in a different thread, but after such a lopsided loss, i think we can make a bit of room for off-topic conversation. can anybody else think of songs that should be banned from arena/stadiums due to massive overexposure?

His effort and interest left with Malone. He signed here to play for Malone, got stabbed in the back, and now just doesn't care. It's plainly obvious.

Really? If so, he has an odd way of showing it.

Pre all star: 19.9 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 3.9 apg, .544 TS
Post all star: 23.5 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 3.3 apg, .578 TS

In March, it's 24.7, 6.7, 2.8, .584

• aside from Andre Miller, we don't have a single player on this team whose first instinct when they get the ball is to pass.
  • Not surprisingly, once they finally started getting Cousins the ball, we scored on, like, five straight possessions, and Cousins either scored or assisted on all five.
Agreed. As a Ray McCallum fan, I can say that his natural play style is slasher/scoring point guard, a product of today's basketball culture. However, McCallum is being pressured into this distributor role, which is not bad at all: its a chance to expand his game rather than improve on his current game. He's shown some signs of improvement: off of the drive, he has shown the ability to kick out to shooters and to big men.

Our team has shown the ability to find angles to get the ball to Cousins in the post, especially during the Malone era. We need to re-claim that ability. And we shouldn't be afraid to feed Gay and Landry as well, especially when Cousins is not in. If we're getting a draft pick, we need to spend it on a big man with low post moves. He doesn't even need to be a good shooter.

When the Kings run through the post, they shine. Its beautiful to watch Cousins battle it out on the left or right block, and then dish it out to open shooters on the other side. If Vivek's looking for a read-and-react offense, start with this: get the ball down low, and then play off of that. The Kings are already a scoring threat when we get the ball down low.

Unfortunately, low post-based offense hinders the guards' ability to drive, which is a shame for mahmengmang Ray McCallum

Even in the dark days of blaming Malone (that was never my thing) for every loss, it was always the roster. Malone was overachieving in a dramatic way early. Coach of the year stuff. Really. Everything that has happened since makes Malone look better and better. He should get another job no problem.

It amuses me greatly that it took Karl coming in for everyone to suddenly realize the limitations of the roster. With Malone, it was the rotations, this and that, blah blah blah, boring offense, no jazz, blah, blah, blah. No good coach would go 2-9 just cause boogie is out, blah blah blah. ISO this, ISO that. Blowing leads? All Malones fault, right? Karl blew a 16 point lead against Miami. Must be his rotations.

Do we need a better coach? I mean, there are still 5 out there with more career wins. Maybe if we get one of them?

Makes me laugh thinking back.

The team looks worse than ever. The defense especially, my god.

Yeah yeah, let's all move on. We are so lucky to have George karl well past his prime. Yep, lucky us indeed. The players are really responding.

Are we having fun yet?
Malone's not in his prime yet. He's not an offensive god, given that he couldn't get his guards involved unlike Karl could, but darn did he give his heart and effort every night.

Rudy shouldn't go yet. On paper, he should not because we need his post presence when Cousins is not in. Until we have another legitimate post threat, he should not be off of the list. Off paper, his removal will probably be detrimental to team chemistry, and may convince Cousins to get out of here. That consequence may change with time.