Golden State wins title, so why can't the Kings?

Remember when the Warriors were cellar dwellers? They built a team instead of selling off players! The Kings are a small-town market with no money. There is no future if you can't keep or pay players. So, prepare yourselves for another season with no play offs: (disgruntled fan)

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Hot taek.

Is this just an emotapost, or an actual question? Because if it's an actual question, the answer lies at the top. Ownership needs patience and a vision. So far, the vision has been "fail fast". "More jazz, less march."

Despite this, ownership had somehow bungled its way into two playoff-capable coaches, but couldn't get out of their own way. One of them seems to be doing well in Denver with a FO of familiar names.

So, maybe a lesson has been learned. Things appear to be a little more stable heading into this off-season. Will Vivek leave things be to let them marinate?

Hot taek.

Is this just an emotapost, or an actual question? Because if it's an actual question, the answer lies at the top. Ownership needs patience and a vision. So far, the vision has been "fail fast". "More jazz, less march."

Despite this, ownership had somehow bungled its way into two playoff-capable coaches, but couldn't get out of their own way. One of them seems to be doing well in Denver with a FO of familiar names.

So, maybe a lesson has been learned. Things appear to be a little more stable heading into this off-season. Will Vivek leave things be to let them marinate?
I been a fan since their arrival decades ago; even when I was living in Los Angeles! My patience is wearing thin! How much pain can one endure?

GSW are #1 in the Association in Payroll..178M and with Lux tax its 346M. Our Kings are #21 in payroll at 130M. Of course GSW have the players worth shelling out all that $$$:)

Remember when the Warriors were cellar dwellers? They built a team instead of selling off players! The Kings are a small-town market with no money. There is no future if you can't keep or pay players. So, prepare yourselves for another season with no play offs: (disgruntled fan)
The small town, no money excuse doesn’t fly and never has.

First off, SAC hasn’t been a “small town” in a long long time. It ain’t NY or LA or CHI but it is a top 20 media market and droves of SoCal and Bay Area folk have been defecting here for some time now.

Next, the org has built a top level team before. This millennium in fact, so we know it’s more than possible.

The problem has been ownership meddling in basketball operations and/or not hiring the right people the past 16 years which has resulted in consistent and persistent draft misses until very recently.

They remedy those problems and the winning ways can and will return.

The small town, no money excuse doesn’t fly and never has.

First off, SAC hasn’t been a “small town” in a long long time. It ain’t NY or LA or CHI but it is a top 20 media market and droves of SoCal and Bay Area folk have been defecting here for some time now.

Next, the org has built a top level team before. This millennium in fact, so we know it’s more than possible.

The problem has been ownership meddling in basketball operations and/or not hiring the right people the past 16 years which has resulted in consistent and persistent draft misses until very recently.

They remedy those problems and the winning ways can and will return.
I think it's a bit of both. Free agents don't knock down the door to come here, even on an overpay most the time. Usually they'll take a pay cut to go or stay in a big market.

It's why the draft is so important to this franchise. There's really no other realistic ways to acquire a top player because they sure as hell aren't going to randomly sign here.

I think it's a bit of both. Free agents don't knock down the door to come here, even on an overpay most the time. Usually they'll take a pay cut to go or stay in a big market.

It's why the draft is so important to this franchise. There's really no other realistic ways to acquire a top player because they sure as hell aren't going to randomly sign here.
To be honest I wouldn't want to play here either if my only experience with Sacramento was flying into SMF or McClellan and going straight into Downtown, which right now looks like a set piece from the Fallout franchise. We need to figure out a way to start having teams fly into Reno, then drive through South Lake Tahoe, then through El Dorado Hills and Folsom, then into Sacramento. We may even want to rebrand to the Lake Tahoe Kings.

The Golden years, 8 year run put to rest the talk of how the market isn't big enough. It really all starts with the draft.

The Kings could've drafted Curry but took Tyreke Evans instead.

They could've drafted Klay but took the Jimmer instead or at least traded for him on draft day.

I could go on and on about how they've blown the draft. Thomas Robinson over Dame and so on. But it really starts there. Start hitting on draft picks and hold on to them. When one professes his love for the city then all the more reason to not trade him.

If the kings win, free agents will come here. Anyone who lived through the glory days can tell you that.

Mayce Edward Christopher Webber III kindly requests that you hold his beer.