Going to the game courtesy of Kayte C!!!

Guys, she's hotter in person. I mean the arena!!!

Seriously though it was a nice gesture and I did go over before the game and say thanks briefly and identified myself by showing the hat. Kayte was very gracious, and also at work. Haha.

Now let me report on the Arena. It's absolutely stunning. Just a visual feast, inside and out. One thing that stands out about the whole experience is just the overall ease of use and access for the whole facility... getting to, entering, moving around in, just a general feeling of openness and ease in all aspects. It's comfortable to look at, it's comfortable to use, it's comfortable to get to, get in and out of... everything. It is so well engineered in that regard. The open concourse gives it a great feeling... the action is always right there. Buying a drink, you're looking over the server's shoulder onto the lower bowl.

I found a great parking spot, free, exactly a 12 minute walk from my SEAT. Access wise... there are going to be ZERO issues. I can promise you. And that partly has to do with the actually great freeway access already built into downtown. Here's how it went for me: I live in South Sac, near Pocket area, about three minutes from the freeway. I drove 11 minutes to a free parking spot (won't tell you where, you'll have to find your own), and I walked 12 minutes briskly straight down one street, and right up and into the arena. It honestly could not have been easier. And this is during rush hour. I left my house at 5:30. You will always be going against the main flow of traffic. There are so many access routes, that it is never going to be a problem. In the old arco, people were coming basically from afar, from one direction, maybe two. Here, they're coming from all diretions, from far, and from near. There just is no bottleneck, anywhere. Granted the arena was only about 60% capacity, but I can't imagine it bunching up, really, at all, in or out. Everyone just scatters. So I walk out my front door, and literally 25 minutes later I'm in my seat. And I snuck in a pleasant walk through downtown along the way. I imagine it will be similar for the vast majority of Sac area residents. And this is without me paying a dime for parking. And I'll always have that spot. It was near the free W-X parking, fyi.

Everything about the arena is nice. The video screen is stunning. The light show during intros and National Anthem (you can tell they were just barely scratching surface of capabilities), was nice and tasteful. There is quite a bit of "in-Arena" advertising... mostly on lighted 360 degree bands at two levels inside... but it comes off is kind of cool and even almost like mood lighting when they change the sponsor (and color). I also just kept thinking "oh damn they are charging a lot for that"... because it's quite impactful. I don't have a problem with stuff like that.

Food is great. It's everywhere. Art is cool (yes, more than just Koons piece), small touches are neat, (neon signage of classic Sac business), and the themese of "No place like home" on digital displays actually lend a nice welcoming message. Sound was very good too. The whole thing is both jaw dropping and very comfortable.

Last edited:
Guys, she's hotter in person. I mean the arena!!!

Seriously though it was a nice gesture and I did go over before the game and say thanks briefly and identified myself by showing the hat. Kayte was very gracious, and also at work. Haha.

Now let me report on the Arena. It's absolutely stunning. Just a visual feast, inside and out. One thing that stands out about the whole experience is just the overall ease of use and access for the whole facility... getting to, entering, moving around in, just a general feeling of openness and ease in all aspects. It's comfortable to look at, it's comfortable to use, it's comfortable to get to, get in and out of... everything. It is so well engineered in that regard. The open concourse gives it a great feeling... the action is always right there. Buying a drink, you're looking over the server's shoulder onto the lower bowl.

I found a great parking spot, free exactly a 12 minute walk from my SEAT. Access wise... there are going to be ZERO issues. I can promise you. And that partly has to do with the actually great freeway access already built into downtown. Here's how it went for me: I live in South Sac, near Pocket area, about three minutes from the freeway. I drove 11 minutes to a free parking spot (won't tell you where, you'll have to find your own), and I walked 12 minutes briskly straight down one street, and right up and into the arena. It honestly could not have been easier. And this is during rush hour. I left my house at 5:30. You will always be going against the main flow of traffic. There are so many access routes, that it is never going to be a problem. In the old arco, people were coming basically from afar, from one direction, maybe two. Here, there coming from all diretions, from far, and from near. There just is no bottleneck, anywhere. Granted the arena was only about 60% capacity, but I can't imagine it bunching up, really, at all, in or out. Everyone just scatters. So I walk out my front door, and literally 25 minutes later I'm in my seat. And I snuck in a pleasant walk through downtown along the way. I imagine it will be similar for the vast majority of Sac area residents. And this is without me paying a dime for parking. And I'll always have that spot. It was near the free W-X parking, fyi.

Everything about the arena is nice. The video screen is stunning. The light show during intros and National Anthem (you can tell they were just barely scratching surface of capabilities), was nice and tasteful. There is quite a bit of "in-Arena" advertising... mostly on lighted 360 degree bands at two levels inside... but it comes off is kind of cool and even almost like mood lighting when they change the sponsor. I also just kept thinking "oh damn they are charging a lot for that"... because it's quite impactful. I don't have a problem with stuff like that.

Food is great. It's everywhere. Art is cool (yes, more than just Koons piece), small touches are neat, (neon signage of classic Sac business), and the themese of "No place like home" on digital displays actually lend a nice welcoming message. Sound was very good too. The whole thing is both jaw dropping and very comfortable.

Thanx for the pictures and the description! It's nice to see how it looks like.
Do you maybe have also photos of the inside? How the seats looks like, the corridors, cafeteria... would be nice to see.

Thanx for the pictures and the description! It's nice to see how it looks like.
Do you maybe have also photos of the inside? How the seats looks like, the corridors, cafeteria... would be nice to see.
Nah... once my friend arrived I set that all aside and just enjoyed the experience and talked with my old friend. Seats are incredibly nice (and sturdy) though, every seat is the same, lower and upper. Heavily padded on butt and back. Cafeteria (food options) are just everywhere... like every 40 feet... lots of little stands like pizza, tacos, small menus so people order quick and so numerous that you never really have to stand in line to long. There are nicer restaurants/clubs on the upper levels. The food stands did seem a little sparse though, I wonder if that aspect is kind of in beta right now. All infrastructure is in place, but it just looks almost too clean. We gotta break it in guys!