Giles and Bogdan

I think the play of Giles and Bogdan on the pick and roll is going to be special.

In game 2, Giles showed he has picked up the Kosta mid lane flip shot. For Kosta it’s a must because he can’t get up and catch the ball like WCS. But I think Giles can. Back up to protect the lob and Bogdan slides him the ball for a flip. Come up to take away the flip and Bogdan throws the lob.....

Drop two players back to help and Bogdan nails the 3. None of the point guards in summer league create for others like Bogdan. Both are high IQ players that will love to play off each other.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I like the rapport between Giles and Mason that has already developed. I know Mason takes a lot of flak for some dumb decisions, but there is a relationship building there that could prove very interesting down the road.

If Giles and Bogs can work out similar moves, we've got a versatile big who can function with either the starters or bench, which can always come in handy.

Last edited:
I like the rapport between Giles and Mason that has already developed. I know Mason takes a lot of flak for some dumb decisions, but there is a relationship building there that could prove very interesting down the road.

If Giles and Bogs can work out similar moves, we've got a versatile big who can function with either the starters or bench, which can always come in handy.
What makes you think they havent already? They were practicing together all last year.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
What makes you think they havent already? They were practicing together all last year.
I'm guessing you're right - but at this point it's just a guess because I honestly don't know how much time the starters/main players spent scrimmaging with Giles.

Hey, cut me a break here. I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic instead of full-blown purple-tinted glasses optimistic. :p

I'm guessing you're right - but at this point it's just a guess because I honestly don't know how much time the starters/main players spent scrimmaging with Giles.

Hey, cut me a break here. I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic instead of full-blown purple-tinted glasses optimistic. :p
Why stop now? ;)

I think the play of Giles and Bogdan on the pick and roll is going to be special.

In game 2, Giles showed he has picked up the Kosta mid lane flip shot. For Kosta it’s a must because he can’t get up and catch the ball like WCS. But I think Giles can. Back up to protect the lob and Bogdan slides him the ball for a flip. Come up to take away the flip and Bogdan throws the lob.....

Drop two players back to help and Bogdan nails the 3. None of the point guards in summer league create for others like Bogdan. Both are high IQ players that will love to play off each other.
This is something that I have been waiting to see. There was a broken play during the Kings v 7akers in which Giles went towards the basket, for the most part unimpeded, and put up a floater. I need to be convinced that Giles currently has it in him to jump off one foot and dunk it. Id like to see it.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
This is something that I have been waiting to see. There was a broken play during the Kings v 7akers in which Giles went towards the basket, for the most part unimpeded, and put up a floater. I need to be convinced that Giles currently has it in him to jump off one foot and dunk it. Id like to see it.
I think it'll come in time. We've seen him have really good lateral agility on defense so I think the whole ground bound offensive repertoire may be a mental thing with him.