Gerald Wallace back in the picture for the Kings?

Will Kings make a trade for him?

The Nets might be forced to move Gerald Wallace if they end up landing Dwight Howard.

The Nets would basically have all their available salary tied up in Joe Johnson, Howard, Mirza Teletovic, Deron Williams and Wallace, and would probably need to find a third team to take on Wallace's salary, as the Magic aren't likely to do so. The Nets are still very much in the running to get Howard, but would likely need to trade Wallace in a complicated deal to make it happen. Jul 4 - 6:56 PM
Source: SI.com

LINK: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/786/gerald-wallace

In other words, Billy King is a moron with no foresight operating recklessly because of the billionaire Russian safety net he's got waiting beneath him. Unfortunately we don't have much in terms of salary relief type pieces other than Cisco and an amnesty-clause friendly John Salmons.

Would still prefer AK as his game doesn't rely nearly as much on athleticism as Wallace's does.

If wallace signs with the Nets he cant be traded till the middle of december. How will be traded before the season or the deadline.

Lakers reportedly have an offer out there with bynum.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I don't know that this needed a new topic, but I've been watching everything the Nets do very closely hoping that they would price themselves out of that Wallace contract. They're not allowed to officially sign free agents until the 11th anyway so here's hoping they get a Dwight Howard deal done before that and decide they can't keep Wallace any longer. We have to worry about Portland possibly competing for his services now though. What other teams with money to spend need a SF? Cleveland? New Orleans?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
If wallace signs with the Nets he cant be traded till the middle of december. How will be traded before the season or the deadline.

Lakers reportedly have an offer out there with bynum.
I thought that applied to signing someone else's freeagent, but not resigning your own. Otherwise, how could teams do a sign and trade? Unless of course they relequished thier rights to him, and then resigned him, which doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I thought that applied to signing someone else's freeagent, but not resigning your own. Otherwise, how could teams do a sign and trade? Unless of course they relequished thier rights to him, and then resigned him, which doesn't make any sense.
You're right about that. I think that due to the reports coming out during the moratorium there's a widespread impression that Gerald Wallace has already signed a 4/$40M contract with the Nets. If that were true, they'd have to wait to trade him because if you don't do a sign-and-trade immediately as part of the signing, then there's a wait period. But of course, Wallace hasn't signed the contract yet because it's not yet allowed - he and the Nets have merely agreed upon terms. It is possible that the Nets and Wallace could mutually agree to change their minds. I suppose there's no reason the Nets couldn't renege completely and pull their offer, but that's the sort of bad business dealing that the Maloofs would do; Prokhorov is probably smarter than that. (And no, I'm not talking about the Hayes contract - that was due to a failed physical - but just assessing the Maloofs' business dumbs in general.)

In other words, Billy King is a moron with no foresight operating recklessly because of the billionaire Russian safety net he's got waiting beneath him. Unfortunately we don't have much in terms of salary relief type pieces other than Cisco and an amnesty-clause friendly John Salmons.

Would still prefer AK as his game doesn't rely nearly as much on athleticism as Wallace's does.
only the Kings can amnesty Salmons. has to have been on the roster, when the new cba came into effect.

There is an exception for sign and trades.