Gasol

I dont think we have enough enders/cap space to do both Gasol and Chandler
Ben cant be included since he Just came from Memphis

48 Mil for both is just too much for a trade plus another 50mil next year?

Oh Heck No

I could see taking on Gasol or Parsons salary for enders/Cap Space - only if We get a 1st rd Pick out of it

Gasol's skills have eroded but I would do Gasol for Z-Bo and Willie because that gives us a better chance to make the playoffs this year and next year. We are going nowhere with Willie even in a backup role. Simultaneously we need to make a deal for Lin so we can move Bogs into the starting lineup where he belongs:

PG - Fox
SG- Buddy
SF - Bogs
PF - Bagley
C - Gasol

Bench: Giles, Lin, Troy Williams, Shump

This is a playoff team. Otto is my top target but if we cannot land him we should go for Lin and Gasol. If not both, neither.

Gasol's skills have eroded but I would do Gasol for Z-Bo and Willie because that gives us a better chance to make the playoffs this year and next year. We are going nowhere with Willie even in a backup role. Simultaneously we need to make a deal for Lin so we can move Bogs into the starting lineup where he belongs:

PG - Fox
SG- Buddy
SF - Bogs
PF - Bagley
C - Gasol

Bench: Giles, Lin, Troy Williams, Shump

This is a playoff team. Otto is my top target but if we cannot land him we should go for Lin and Gasol. If not both, neither.
Gasol is a much better fit next to Bagley and even at 33 is a hell of a lot better defender than Willie. As long as we don't take parsons back in the deal I've gotta admit I'd probably do this. Best case scenario is we are able to hold onto Willie and do a sign and trade for who ever gives him a contract but I'm not sold that will come to fruition. Gasol will space the floor, be a great fit with our other high IQ players, and be a fantastic mentor for our young bigs. Pau played at an all star level until he was 35. I expect something similar from Marc.

He can't play uptempo he got David Fizdale fired for that reason, the Grizzlies tried to appease him and Conley in that regard and the Grizz are like 10 games under 500.

He can't play uptempo he got David Fizdale fired for that reason, the Grizzlies tried to appease him and Conley in that regard and the Grizz are like 10 games under 500.
Bagley can still run the floor as quickly as Willie and Gasol could be a nice trailer like Boogie did with Karl. it could still work for sure.

I would definitely do it for the right price. He’s a good fit with Bagley. He will also be a nice upgrade in terms of production from our half court offense.

When we run offensive sets through WCS, Gasol can now set better screens, produce better passing and can hit jumpshots (forcing defenders to guard him tight, thus creating more space in the paint for Fox and Bagley).

As for pace concerns, I could still see him fitting in with our current pace, with a specific role. Grab defensive rebounds, look for outlet passes and trail for threes, as suggested by @BigVirg.

I'm ok as long as we don't give up a lot for him. I haven't paid much attention to the Grizz aside from watching JJJ. What I observe from Memphis forums is that a lot of fans think Gasol is still good at 33yearsold, but the effort is not there.

Low gamble would be my choice. He's a bit old for our core, but he makes us instantly better for the next few years.

I would definitely do it for the right price. He’s a good fit with Bagley. He will also be a nice upgrade in terms of production from our half court offense.

When we run offensive sets through WCS, Gasol can now set better screens, produce better passing and can hit jumpshots (forcing defenders to guard him tight, thus creating more space in the paint for Fox and Bagley).

As for pace concerns, I could still see him fitting in with our current pace, with a specific role. Grab defensive rebounds, look for outlet passes and trail for threes, as suggested by @BigVirg.
So much this, and I’ll add that I think it would make our fast break even more efficient. Why? Right now our half court offense is bad, so we force a lot of bad transition shots out of anxiety of not getting a better shot later. Well, Marc trailing eliminates that concern. He’d get a ton of assists just on guys peeling away from transition, resetting to a trailing Marc, and Marc hitting cutters just as the defense relaxes. Marc will get Buddy so many open looks. And then, finally, we’ll have someone to body up the Harrells of the world.

I feel we need a move like this while we still have a shot at the playoffs. We are not getting a first round pick of our own this year so why not.
I am tired of having to wait and see who we can throw money at to turn us down and the ones we do get just doesn’t seem to move the needle much.
We add this guy and say Porter and we become a pretty darn decent team for a few years.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Gasol is a sloth of a center, he wouldn't fit well with what the Kings are doing here. He is on the down slide of his career, Kings are another season of grooming youth and acquiring a player via trade before they consider Playoffs, in my opinion.

Vucevic is 29 and a FA next season who might very well make less than Gasol is currently, also Gasol does not solve the rebounding issues and is insanely passive on offense rarely taking advantage of his size over smaller players and far to often passing on responsibility onto lesser players. If he were younger than yeah you do the deal but not at 34 that's the same mistake the Nuggets made with Milsap who they are paying absurd money when Plumlee right now is better as is Faried who they gave away. You don't trade or give massive deals to declining players.

The only guy on the Grizzlies we should be trading for is JayMchal Green or JJJ (who we should have drafted imo if we could go back in time).

Vucevic is 29 and a FA next season who might very well make less than Gasol is currently, also Gasol does not solve the rebounding issues and is insanely passive on offense rarely taking advantage of his size over smaller players and far to often passing on responsibility onto lesser players. If he were younger than yeah you do the deal but not at 34 that's the same mistake the Nuggets made with Milsap who they are paying absurd money when Plumlee right now is better as is Faried who they gave away. You don't trade or give massive deals to declining players.

The only guy on the Grizzlies we should be trading for is JayMchal Green or JJJ (who we should have drafted imo if we could go back in time).
I like the production I see from Vucevic but how is his defense? I've seen Magic fans all over the Internet complain about his defense. Lord knows our post D is horrendous as is.

I like the production I see from Vucevic but how is his defense? I've seen Magic fans all over the Internet complain about his defense. Lord knows our post D is horrendous as is.
He's just average at best on D he's no Gasol, but in terms of fit next to Bagely Vuc/Gasol are the only two viable fits currently that can help us and I rather try for the younger and non-passive one.

Jackson Jr and Doncic were both whom I wanted the Kings to draft at the time,of draft (and admittedly disappointed then) but right now I'm not sold any are the apparent better player. It's much too early to declare.

He looks old, slow and uninterested to me but advanced metrics have him better than anyone on the Kings.

I feel like he's about to fall off a cliff with his age and body type though. I certainly wouldn't take on Parsons' contract or give up anything of value for him.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Not now. Few years ago maybe at this point he just doesn't fit the style of play. It's all is not going to beat defenders in the fast break. He might be the old vet you pick up play few minutes and teach the kids but I'm sure he wants to play and lots of teams can offer him play time.

Would they throw in their first if we took Parsons off their hands as well? I'm not sure either is a good fit for the Kings but I'd roll the dice for their pick.

Gasol setting picks for Fox, Hield and Bogi would be something. He could be like Sabonis when he played for the Jail Blazers. If we don’t get a look in the first 10 seconds, he could facilitate the half court offense. And if you get a 3 & D small forward, Bagley slots right in. I’m intrigued unless the cost is Parsons.

Gasol's skills have eroded but I would do Gasol for Z-Bo and Willie because that gives us a better chance to make the playoffs this year and next year. We are going nowhere with Willie even in a backup role.
This is actually a nice trade for us, it definitely makes sense. I'm not sold on Willie. I don't want to see him as a starter in the future, at the same time he's gonna be too expensive for a bench player. I'm pretty sure Memphis will find a better deal, even if they want to keep Willie. We need some IQ in our frontcourt.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Well it's that time of the year when rumors are flying everywhere. Hard to know what to believe. But, if we could acquire Gasol for the right price, which would mean not taking on Parsons contract, then yes, I think he could help the team in the short term. If Koufos is on his way out, and the immediate answer to the backup spot is Giles, then Gasol would be a much better option. Right now the Kings struggle when forced to play in a half court set, and Gasol would certainly help in that area.

It would give Giles another year to develop his game with less pressure. And, Gasol would be a better compliment to Bagley since he can step behind the line and shoot the three. What I'm not sure about is whether we would get a motivated Gasol. I know he doesn't want to leave Memphis because he has strong ties there, but he's always been the consummate professional, and he's certainly familiar with Joerger. So I vote yes, if indeed the rumor is true.

An article on espn re: trade rumors yesterday said that the Kings are interested in Gasol and have considered trading WCS and a couple 2nd round picks for him.

Please...please no.

That would be such a waste of a trade. You've gotta believe there's something else out there.

If Gasol was younger, ok fine. But he's not. He's declining and would only make sense for right now, not our future.