GAME 1: Monarchs @ LA Sparks

Gavin Maloof says : What a start...good D, girls are hustling...called Haynie's belly flop pass to Yo "the best hustle play he's ever seen!" (lol :D)...Thanks all M's supporters, STH @ Arco...Likes to see what [what he is] seeing right now...need to keep playing our game, but there is still a lot of game left.....Go Monarchs

56-41 M's Powell with a bucket WOOOOOO!

Yo with a steal....runs the court, fouled.

Teasley pushes Haynie out of bounds...:mad: ..Krista calls the move "cheap" :p

LA turns the ball over in response...M's ball

Brunson downlow, fouled by Curry. FT's for Becky..

M's up 57-45

Time out 11:58 left

LA makes a shot....10pt game 11:30 left

Ticha for 3...no good, reb off of Sacto, LA ball

Yo steal......KARA FOR 3!!

60-47

Teasley, for 3 no good.....Brunson takes the ball away from Holds and LL :D

whistle blown......shot clock violation as Ticha tries to calle timeout

LL turnover, through her hands

O reb Yo, lay-up good

Holds with a J

9:15 left, M's up 13

Turnover M---14th of the game

Maiga with a 15 ft-er....15 bench pts for Sacto

OSR-foul 4th of the game....but good foul, nontheless

Teasley, 1-2 at the line

LL with a steal...lay-up

Yo turnover---traveling

Timeout

LA for 2

M's lead now 9

Yo over LL...18pts for Yo

Foul on Yo, LA ball on side

7 min left, 11 pt lead

Hold throws up a wild shot, Yo reb

Yo foul line jumper no good, LA reb

Non shooting foul on Powell

LA for 3 no good, out bounds Sac ball

6:09 leff

Powell for 3! from NBA distance! WOOOOOOOOO

60-55 M's!

5:27 left

Holds--bucket good

69-61, 3+ min left

Newton 15fter good! WOOOOO

Mach---whatever, LA Italian player for 3

71-64

Brunson, lay-up no good

Brunson non shooting foul--4th personal

Koz and Krista say its amazing how the team fouls have now even uped

Foul on Ticha? Holds at the line for 2

1-2 at the line, 11 reb of Becky

2:11 left

WTF! Foul on Brunson! 5th personal!

M's up 6

LL lay-up good

1:30 left, Ticha running clock

Powell fall-away, no good, foul on LA

1st, good, 15pts for Nicole 6 of 7 shooting 2nd one good!

73-67 M's

M's topped playing in 2nd half....stopped attacking according to Koz and Krista

LL bank-no good

REB Maiga!!

Time out Sac...Kara comes in, 20 sec left

Both teams with 2 time outs

30 sec left

Powell....fouled! WOOO!

Jelly Bean screaming at ref, Koz calls for T

At the line, 1st one good, 2nd good! WOO

M's lead by 5, 19.2 seconds left LA timeout

Maiga in for Sacto

Teasley for 3...NO GOOD!

Reb Ticha...!

Time out Monarchs!

AHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh!!!! Powel has ball stolen by Teasley....runs the ball down, +1...2+ seconds left...

FT no good, Oreb LL, no GOOD!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO

MONARCHS WIN! MONARCHS WIN 75-72!

M's squeak out of the gym! Lets get this done and over with at Arco

Last edited:
Well We tried to make it interesting...

No matter... We got a win on the road. And that is what was important.

Hell if we continued to run rather than Stall... It wouldn't have been that close.

One down One to go.

::whipes brow::

Goodness. Give credit to LA for continuing to fight despite being down by as many as 16pts, I believe, at one point, but geesh Monarchs, its a 48 min game!In any case, a win is a win is a win....at the end of the day and certainly you'll take them anyway you can get them in the playoffs. Again, lets finish this and try to get some rest.

From radio:

Yo appearently was really foused for this game, not talking to anyone before and then yelling at everyone in the lockeroom for giving up the lead. :D Lead and they shall follow....

Last edited:
I've chewed through my napkin in that final couple of minutes. Ditto, the one down one to go...that's about where I am philosophically right now. Ticha had a helluva ball game. Haynie's bellyflop HAS to be a highlight reel play. I've never seen anything close to that either.

Alright folks, ARCO needs to rock hard on Friday...get it done. If you've been sitting on the sidelines waiting for the red carpet to roll out to get you to ARCO to support this team, now's the time.

I'm watching Bryant on NBATV right now, and his comments and observations were weird. Whiz just seemed incredibly miffed after studying his stat sheet.

Finish this!!!

The feed ended after Yo, so I didn't get to see the LA portion......

Oh my goodness....wow....I was just screaming at my computer willing them to not let this one get away. They left the open shooters too many times there towards the end. I thought Mabika would have played a much bigger factor, but it was Teasley and the Italian player, sorry don't have her name right in front here.

Now come home, and get it done!!!!!!
Oh yeah, my new wallpaper:

nancgo said:
I thought Mabika would have played a much bigger factor, but it was Teasley and the Italian player, sorry don't have her name right in front here.
Hey Nancgo, well, the Italian player is Raffaella Masciadri, and though I didn't get a chance to watch, I caught the last half of the game on 1140 while driving...got kinda scary for those last few minutes. Krista commented about Masciadri, "why is she on the bench?" so you weren't the only one who noticed how much a factor she was for LA. But in the end, Monarchs get the W...YEAH!!

BTW, love your new wallpaper. I have Nicole's :D

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Nice job, Monarchs!!!

And very nice job on the PBP Reina...

:D

Good to see the Monarchs get the job done in LA. Would it be wrong for me to hope that at least one Monarch fan did an "IN YOUR FACE" to Bryant?

< does the jig >

I was out to dinner during the game with headphones on. I was against the wall with one side on my ear trying to look like I was paying attention..lol

We won. Thats what was important. Now lets sweep the Sparks. LL deserves it.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
slugking50 said:
< does the jig >

I was out to dinner during the game with headphones on. I was against the wall with one side on my ear trying to look like I was paying attention..lol

We won. Thats what was important. Now lets sweep the Sparks. LL deserves it.
Bwahahahahahaha!!! ROFLOL! Good one, slug! I love it!! :p

Excellent Job Ladies!!! Some highlights I observed.

1. Ticha controlled the tempo of the game from the giddyup. She pushed and pushed and pushed the tempo in the first quarter of the first half. It put LA on their heels the rest of the night.

2. "Becky" Brunson is a beast. She is just so hard core underneath the basket, even more so than Yolanda at this point in her career. The Monarchs are going to be hard pressed to keep her out of the starting lineup as long as she is on this team. She was very active around the basket on the defensive end.

3. Chelsea Newsom is going to have to guard Nikki Teasley from this point forward in the series. Teasley was very good and down the stretch the Monarchs seemed to not be able to find her. It is clear to me that when she is healthy, the Sparks are a much better team.

4. I think that Whisnant is going to have to play Maiga more in the second half for defensive purposes. Because as wonderful as Nicole "KA"-Powell was on the offensive end, defensively she struggled against "Cold"-slaw. Holdsclaw kept that team in the game. We can have none of that on Friday.

5. Lastly, Buchsler, Haynie, Maig and at times Scott-Richardson brought a lot of energy off of the bench. Haynie was very shaky to begin her stint with unforced turnovers that seemed very crucial at the time, but that belly flop save of hers was one of the great hustle plays I have ever seen. That was awesome. She landed very hard on the floor. Im sure it made her teammates proud.

She ya'll Friday, Section 117, Row T

BRING IT!!!!

She'd had some success in the past on Holdsclaw, as much as one can have success...but maybe have her switch off with Ticha and let Ticha take Mique and Powell try her hand at Mabika?

Reign, I agree with all your points. I thought it was one of Ticha's best games of the season. I also thought Yo was playing like a woman possessed, and apparently she is sick? (maybe a cold?). Anyway, for the majority of this game the team was focused and controlled the tempo. They need to use Friday to clean up the loose ends and send the Sparks on vacation.

Monty'sBiggestFan said:
She'd had some success in the past on Holdsclaw, as much as one can have success...but maybe have her switch off with Ticha and let Ticha take Mique and Powell try her hand at Mabika?
MBF, I think Ticha is a much better defender than Powell, and having her switch to CH, a least for part of the game, makes sense. I remember a few years ago when the Monarchs played at Washington, Ticha shut Holdsclaw down.