Future of Willie Cauley-Stein?

What is everyone's thoughts on Willie? If the Kings draft Bagley tonight, what do the Kings do with Willie? And when?

I like elements of Willie's game and still like his potential (although it's starting to fade) but hate his lack of consistency and especially his aversion to just focusing on the elements of his game where he could truly be elite.

To me if the Kings draft Bagley tonight then Willie needs to be traded tonight as well. Generally you can get pretty good value on draft night and there is no sense having Giles, Skal, Bagley, Willie plus Z-Bo and Kosta all on the same roster.

I'm thinking he could return a draft pick somewhere in the late teens. Atlanta would be a good trader partner with the 19th Pick.

If Bagley is drafted tonight and WCS or Skal is still on the roster tomorrow that will be another mistake on the part of Vlade. It's time for the Kings to start learning from guys like Danny Ainge. That means get in the business of acquiring assets. That means trading players before they lose value or leave on their own. That means trading players before everyone and their uncle knows they are leaving. That means setting yourself up with a stockpile instead of always being low on stock.

He's tradeable, always was. Wasted investment but it is what it is
Well of course everyone is tradeable but when do you do it? I think he needs to be traded tonight. Playing him in a platoon and with a lessened role/minutes is certainly not going to help his value.

This is where I really question Vlade's skills as a GM. Is he really going to hold onto Willie and then just quietly let him go for nothing?

Interesting timing. You're probably the only person on this board thinking about WCS right now.
I doubt that's true and regardless of what people are thinking on this board, Vlade better well be thinking about WCS right now and what he can get for him tonight? If he's not traded tonight then Vlade is already behind schedule on moving him. Again, good GM's like Danny Ainge are perceived to be "early" on stuff like this and they always end up being right on time.

If WCS would block shots like he's capable of and hit jumpers like he did in that video that circulated before his draft, he'd actually be the perfect fit next to Bagley.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I doubt that's true and regardless of what people are thinking on this board, Vlade better well be thinking about WCS right now and what he can get for him tonight? If he's not traded tonight then Vlade is already behind schedule on moving him. Again, good GM's like Danny Ainge are perceived to be "early" on stuff like this and they always end up being right on time.
Dude, in about 20 minutes we'll know who our draft pick is. I think that's what the majority of Kings fans are thinking about. That's why I mentioned the timing, as in right now on this date at this particular moment.

I'm not a huge fan of WCS. He's got all the tools but has limited drive to be the best he can be. He's young enough and solid enough right now to trade him. However, he isn't bad enough to just give away either so it has to be a trade that makes sense.

I'm all for trading him in the right scenario.

I'm not a huge fan of WCS. He's got all the tools but has limited drive to be the best he can be. He's young enough and solid enough right now to trade him. However, he isn't bad enough to just give away either so it has to be a trade that makes sense.

I'm all for trading him in the right scenario.
Wait a year and see who of WCS and Skal really wants to play.

Wait a year and see who of WCS and Skal really wants to play.
I want to get rid of them both. Skal is a cute player with only 1 skill and that's shooting. Not a rebounder, defender, or passer. He gets pushed around like a rag doll.

WCS has a poor desire and drive to really succeed and seems to have a vastly over inflated opinion of himself. Just spells bad news.

I’m kinda curious what he can deliver in a contract year. Willie seems like a contract year type of player.

But somebody up front will be on the move before the season starts. That’s for sure. Not sure if it will be Willie though

I think WCS becomes trade bait.

I hear Washington wants to shed salary and needs a center to replace Gortat. They also have a young and cheaper small forward waiting in the wings in Oubre (sp?). They are over paying Otto Porter as a 3rd option.

If I'm Vlade, I'm calling Washington to make a swap of WCS for Otto Porter ( salary dump) now.

I still think bagley,giles and wcs could be a great 3 man rotation, Giles -Defense,passing,stooting,rebounding
Bagley - Shooting Rebounding WCS - Shooting,blocking, ALL THREE can Run!

Maybe they can compliment each other, cover each other's weakness and play that uptempo ball we need

I think these three can be the future

If not play them big minutes and find a trade for WCS

I still think bagley,giles and wcs could be a great 3 man rotation, Giles -Defense,passing,stooting,rebounding

Maybe they can compliment each other, cover each other's weakness and play that uptempo ball we need

I agree with all three being mobile and running well, but WCS has not been a great shot blocker here. If he was consistent in that area fans would be clamoring to keep him.

So basically we would be playing two non shooting bigs all the time? Sounds like inefficent offense to me