Free Agency Thread - 2018

Not to mention Smart looks like Cousins' little brother which would strike fear in any player that was on the roster 2 years ago.
I don't know if even Cousins "strike fear in any player", I mean, if anything, I'd almost look at it as an advantage for me to rile him up and see if he has repaired his relationship with the officiating staffs yet.

Getting a "good defensive wing" that's 31 years old smacks of desperation because it doesn't help in the long run. It's a bandaid fix IMHO - and that's not even addressing the elephant in the room. It was not a friendly parting between Mbah a Moute and the Kings and there's no guarantee he'd even entertain the idea of returning.

I agree that the entire team shouldn't be comprised entirely of kids, but I just have a fundamental (but respectful) disagreement with you on Luc.
It's also not addressing the problem that LRMAM got hurt again towards the end of the season and couldn't make a open lay up in the playoffs due to the injury in 9 playoffs games the guy was a absolute disaster. The guy is injury prone.

I find myself a fan of Marcus Smart. After watching a few of his games this last season I came away impressed each time, despite his shooting woes. He's still young and provides something we lack. Throw out an offer sheet to him and Capela and see what happens.

Capela/Nurkic, the hope is now, that even if we weren’t originally looking bigs, that one may come so cheap as to make it a value signing, with Houston/Portland not matching..

Yeah, probably won’t happen

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MOD NOTE: A few posts have been deleted. The personal sniping against other members is not acceptable, nor is the insult ridden commentary. If you can't say something nice...

No thanks to Marcus Smart. The guy wants to get paid big and he is not useful on the offensive end.

Absorb Melo or trade for long term fits like Otto Porter. Otherwise, start Bogdan there and just take the hit on the defensive end. I'd send a max RFA offer to Capela before I anything in the 7 figured to Smart.

Tony Parker would have been the PERFECT vet to bring Fox along, we clearly need a back up point guard after watching Frank in summer league. Where was Vlade on this one?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Tony Parker would have been the PERFECT vet to bring Fox along, we clearly need a back up point guard after watching Frank in summer league. Where was Vlade on this one?
That refrain is getting really old. IT TAKES TWO to make a deal. People keep acting as though Vlade is just sitting home ignoring all these potential veterans when it's far more likely that a lot of players and their agents just aren't interested in coming to Sacramento. We have NEVER been a Mecca for free agents so why do people continue to think that's going to change when we're still a franchise that loses more than it wins?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Parker, a four-time NBA champion, 2007 Finals MVP and six-time All-Star, will join Charlotte head coach James Borrego, who was a former assistant with San Antonio. Parker also now reunites with French national teammate Nicolas Batum. The Spurs remained in discussions with Parker on a new deal, but he had significant interest from the Hornets and Denver Nuggets, league sources said. Parker is expected to assume a backup role to Hornets All-Star guard Kemba Walker.
https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-tony-parker-agrees-deal-hornets-193240462.html

Pacers got a really solid bench with signing O'Quinn/Evans/McBuckets/Sabonis/Corey Joesph they would probably outplay our starters tbh, on paper one of the better second units in the L.