Free Agency Thread - 2018

Erik Gundersen @Erik_Gundersen
Honestly the Lakers are the perfect example of mainstream fandom in every way and now they have to root for all these weirdos. It's perfect.

Bill Simmons @BillSimmons
Coming from a lifelong Laker hater - thank God they’re completely botching this Summer of LeBron roster, I really appreciate it. Seriously, thank you.

Janis Carr @janiscarr
The Lakers are now must-see TV. Not sure for the right reasons.

Michael Dugat @mdug
Lakers drunk signing now

Bill Oram @billoram
With Rondo the Lakers have an outside shot at the conference finals. And that is the extent of their outside shooting.

Jon Santiago @itsjonsantiago
LeBron was really funny in Trainwreck, but this new comedy he’s starring in with the Lakers is shaping up to surpass that

A. Sherrod Blakely@ASherrodblakely
Lonzo. Lance. LeBron. Luke coaching the team,, LaVar on the sidelines. That's a lot of L's ...

Dan Greenberg @StoolGreenie
Watch LeBron see all these moves and change his mind by July 6th

Twitter is attackimg these moves and I love it

Last edited:
Ingram (Future SF)+Deng 26 mil for KK 18mil cap space

Gives them Center and money to get Big cuz and help until Big cuz ready to play
Brandon Ingram is still 20 years old, he’s a high level prospect. Hopefully that’s not the deal Vlade is holding out for because it’s not happening.

Ingram (Future SF)+Deng 26 mil for KK 18mil cap space

Gives them Center and money to get Big cuz and help until Big cuz ready to play
OK I am off on numbers Deng and Ingram is 23.8 mil for WCS 4.7 ender and 19.1 Cap space

have to give a big (youth) if we have any shot at all for Ingram

Bobby Marks @BobbyMarks42
Teams that have $10M+ in cap space for Julius Randle include: Atlanta, Chicago, Philadelphia and Sacramento. The Nets could join the group but will depend on a potential Dwight Howard buyout.

So atlanta is ?
Chicago wnts lavine
Philadelphia is lasered in on j. Crawford
Kings ?

The Lakers only needed to dump salary for two major FAs.. Since Paul George or whoever didn’t go there they didn’t need that much. Kawhi will be through trade

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Brandon Ingram is still 20 years old, he’s a high level prospect. Hopefully that’s not the deal Vlade is holding out for because it’s not happening.
I'd like to know how he fits with LBJ. Also, Ball seems to be a total fish out of water with LBJ. To me, his career got derailed as a Laker as soon as they made the LBJ signing.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Albert Nahmad: Lakers, after renouncing Julius Randle, have $13.8M cap room. Stretching Deng adds $9.8M. Trading him adds $17.2M. If they use it to sign player(s) to one-year deal(s), it’d leave a max slot for Kawhi Leonard next summer.

– via Twitter AlbertNahmad

Im telling ya Deng/Ingram for WCS gets them thru this year and leaves max slot ready for Kawhi next yr and/or 1yr Big cuz for this year
The numbers may work, but the talent equation sure doesn't. I don't see Lakers doing that.

Wow, feels like Randle could have gotten more, but solid signing for NO. Randle and AD upfront with Mirotic off the bench and they aren't tied down with a long term commitment with Cuz. Cuz could be great again, but you just never know with these Achilles injuries.

Man....

Never thought a Boogie reunion was a remote possibility, but he's quickly running out of options. Basically, the Bulls, us and the Hawks are the only teams left right who can give him anywhere close to a decent contract next year? Unless he'll do the same thing Randle just did and sign for cheap and get a new deal next year?

Chris Mannix: Rondo is coming to training camp with plans to compete for a starting job, source told @The Vertical.

– via TwitterChrisMannixYS

THAT would make me soooo happy for Rondo to take Lonzo's starting job!!!!!!!!!! :)
Because they’re trading Lonzo. Fairly obvious Deng is getting packaged with Lonzo and they’re signing Boogie. Only question is who gets Ball?

Lonzo wouldn’t have to duck Fox anymore if they were on the same team. Just saying. Practice might be weird though.

Why do I have a bad feeling the next headline is
Spurs get Ingram, ball
Kings get deng and a crappy ass pick
Lakers get kawhi and space to sign cuz

Because they’re trading Lonzo. Fairly obvious Deng is getting packaged with Lonzo and they’re signing Boogie. Only question is who gets Ball?

Lonzo wouldn’t have to duck Fox anymore if they were on the same team. Just saying. Practice might be weird though.
Ingram/Deng yes Lonzo/Deng Big HELL NO

Fixed it for ya

Spurs get WCS, ball and a crappy ass pick form Lakers, 2-2nd Rd picks from us
Kings get deng and Ingram

Fixed it for ya

That wouldn't give me a bad feeling. Maybe a little cuz we're helping the Lakers. Well more like feeling dirty.

Fixed it for ya

Lakers wouldn’t trade Ingram for space for an Achilles Cousins, or any of the remaining FAs, IMO