For the Alarmists

First off, great road victory last night against a young and athletic Phoenix Suns team. This had to be a huge boost to the teams confidence (and to the fans).
Not to worry. Sure we are 2 and 4 right now (We should be 3-3) but things will get better. Look at what this team has had to go through. I can't remember a Kings team ever havining to have to go through such a difficult start of the season.

1st-The Kings trip to China and upon the their return a trip to Fresno 2 nights later. The jet lag must have been brutal.

2nd-Their whole preseason because of travel demands, and injuries to Christie, Ostertag and needing to play lots of new guys never developed the on court chemistry we have seen in previous years to start the season.

3-5 out of 6 games on the road to start. 3 of them against the home teams season openers and every team we have had to play up to this point is a 1st place or playoff caliber team.

4-3 sets of back to back games...already!

Excuses? No, just reality.

I really believe this team will find itself. Better to go through tough times now than at the end of the season like last year. Better to build your confidence now than be shaky entering the playoffs. I am convinced that the challenges that they have faced so far will make them a better team as the season progresses unlike the cakewalk starts we have had in the past. I feel the team will put it together.
In the meantime, lets just weather the bumps and bruises this team will continue to go through until everyone is healthy. Let's try and not get too down on these guys yet because they are still going to go through some difficult times but as they continue to integrate the new guys and the schedule eases up and they get healthy this team will be back where it belongs. At the top of the standings.

Elektrik said:
I really believe this team will find itself. Better to go through tough times now than at the end of the season like last year. Better to build your confidence now than be shaky entering the playoffs. I am convinced that the challenges that they have faced so far will make them a better team as the season progresses unlike the cakewalk starts we have had in the past. I feel the team will put it together.
In the meantime, lets just weather the bumps and bruises this team will continue to go through until everyone is healthy. Let's try and not get too down on these guys yet because they are still going to go through some difficult times but as they continue to integrate the new guys and the schedule eases up and they get healthy this team will be back where it belongs. At the top of the standings.
i agree...especially with the highlighted part...which is what ive been saying all along

this is exactly what kings fan want and need to hear right now

Elektrik said:
First off, great road victory last night against a young and athletic Phoenix Suns team. This had to be a huge boost to the teams confidence (and to the fans).
Not to worry. Sure we are 2 and 4 right now (We should be 3-3) but things will get better. Look at what this team has had to go through. I can't remember a Kings team ever havining to have to go through such a difficult start of the season.

1st-The Kings trip to China and upon the their return a trip to Fresno 2 nights later. The jet lag must have been brutal.

2nd-Their whole preseason because of travel demands, and injuries to Christie, Ostertag and needing to play lots of new guys never developed the on court chemistry we have seen in previous years to start the season.

3-5 out of 6 games on the road to start. 3 of them against the home teams season openers and every team we have had to play up to this point is a 1st place or playoff caliber team.

4-3 sets of back to back games...already!

Excuses? No, just reality.

WORD!!!

To tell you the truth, i was getting worried, but as i looked back at a traveling, back to back games, and agianst tough teams, i see that it wasnt all kings fault.

I totally agree 100% with you Elektrik.
Kings started off with busy schedules by going to China and stuff, then back to back games and playing on the road. Eventually the Kings will start winning again, look for it to start in these next 5 home games! :) :) :)

Back when the schedule was announced, I said that 3-3 would be a great start and 2-4 would be weathering the storm. They had a similar start with the Exalted Webberless Kings last year, and didn't start to pull it together until the first home stretch. This year they had a tougher schedule to start, plus coming off of a China-interrupted camp.

That said, they still came a hair away in Houston from making it 3-3 and then to 4-3. There are flaws on this team, but there are also definite strengths. We really haven't even started to see yet how far those strengths might be able to carry them.