Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Bags

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Whiteside?

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
The top two are pretty obvious but I’m curious who has the number one spot.

what might also be interesting, who is your third favorite player?

Last edited:
Hali edges out Fox as my favorite player because I’m a sucker for Swiss Army knives. Glue guys with guts are always some of my favorite players.

My third fav is tough but gotta rep my home state and say Black Falcon. He has been a beast this year and is just a fantastic guy off the court.

But seriously: individual faves aside, pretty much to a player this team is SO danged likable at the level of personality, amirite? Fox, Hali, HB, Sherlock, Whiteside - how're you gonna *dislike* any of those guys as characters? I found last year's Grumpy Buddy less than lovable, but this year's version is just fine.

Last edited:

dude12

Hall of Famer
For real though......Fox all the way followed by Hali and then 3rd alternates between HB, Hield and Bagley. HB because of who he is and his solid play, Hield because of the electric shooting at times and then Bagley because of the fascinating story of His journey from being picked imnstead of Luka, the obnoxious dad, the injuries, the pressure, the potential and what I’ve is going to become........all at the age of 21

I just can't get over what a good player Haliburton is. I've never seen a rookie with his feel for the game, maturity, lack of mistakes, it's really something. And at a position that usually requires a at least a year of adjustment in the league.

If I had second choice, it's Barnes. Mostly because I just love players like that. He's got the talent to be a flashier player, but he's smart enough to fit in and do the little things. Total respect for his game.

Of course this is all still acknowledging that Fox is by far the best player we have. I just have my favorites, you know, like *insert food reference here*. ;)

Goshhhh this is so hard. I love them all except Cojo. even like GR3 cuz he isn't Cojo.

But on a serious note this is extremely hard cuz I feel like Im constantly bouncing back between Fox and Hali (I know he doesnt like hali, but it just rolls sooo smoothly off the tongue haha). I love everything about both of them but the way Haliburton plays.. man I could watch him hoop forever! So..

Tyrese Haliburton
De'Aaron Fox
Marvin Bagley

I really believe Bagley is gonna keep getting better and better. I'm choosing to believe the injury bug has come and gone. And its not his fault his dad has mouth on him and wont seem to just be quiet and people seeming to think he should personally tell his dad to shut up are off the wall cuz none of us lnownehat there fanily life is truly like behind closed doors. Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't. I dunno. Plus its tough cuz Walton is the coach, amirite? Lol but the kid has potential and im pullin for him.

P.s. great thread

When did he say he doesn’t like it?

I’ve tried ty, Rese (both fine but a bit generic) and various other ones, but as you said it seems to flow best.
When he was on with DC and Jason Ross I believe maybe the very first time? But I cant remember the exact conversation but he sortve jokingly wasnt feeling it or somthing along the lines. Never actually said he didn't like but just not feeling it haha

gunks

Hall of Famer
Gotta go with Fox, the franchise.

Haliburton is a close second though, it’s pretty clear how huge he’s gonna be for the team.

Mobile Holmes gets 3rd. Hard not to like a guy who leaves it all on the court like he does!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I just can't get over what a good player Haliburton is. I've never seen a rookie with his feel for the game, maturity, lack of mistakes, it's really something. And at a position that usually requires a at least a year of adjustment in the league.

If I had second choice, it's Barnes. Mostly because I just love players like that. He's got the talent to be a flashier player, but he's smart enough to fit in and do the little things. Total respect for his game.

Of course this is all still acknowledging that Fox is by far the best player we have. I just have my favorites, you know, like *insert food reference here*. ;)
I mean, I have but all those dudes wound up being Luka/Lebron and I don’t want to be that dude claiming Tyrese is going to be a star sooooo

Swipa and Hali are 1a and 1b with HB a close #2.

Sorry to punk out, but I can’t choose just one.

Really like Holmes and Hassan too.

Honestly, there‘s no player on the team that I dislike. Just some I’m more fond of than others.

My wife is an unabashed HB fan. He is her new Chris Webber. Except attended a better university :)

I mean, I have but all those dudes wound up being Luka/Lebron and I don’t want to be that dude claiming Tyrese is going to be a star sooooo
Lebron had those otherworldly physical gifts, but he did not have the savvy vet instincts that Hali shows. I mean I'm not saying, you know... I'm just saying. Luka, yeah, ok. But he'd been playing pro ball for a few years already.

Hassan Whiteside.

Fox and Hali are close ties for second. They’ll long-term move on to first, but I’m going to enjoy the giant goofy man for as long as he graces us with his presence.
There should be a special category that only Whiteside is in, and he'd be my favorite in that category. Whiteside has long been one of my favorite players in the league, and I mean even back when he was 1/3 the his current weight in his rookie season with us. I never understood us waiving him. Seems like a great dude, too. It's not crazy to me that he may turn out to be having a better career than Cousins. Character is destiny.

He's another that I want to retire a King with a ring.

There should be a special category that only Whiteside is in, and he'd be my favorite in that category. Whiteside has long been one of my favorite players in the league, and I mean even back when he was 1/3 the his current weight in his rookie season with us.
Back during the 2010 draft I was lobbying for Whiteside at #5 if DeMarcus wasn’t available. Of course they ended up getting him 28 spots later.

He took a lot longer to develop than I thought, but he eventually became a player. What I liked about him back then that a lot a people may not know is that he was a late bloomer. He had a late growth spurt a la Dennis Rodman and was still learning his body back during his days at Marshall.

I always thought he’d become a better perimeter shooter though. He showed signs of it in college. But that’s never panned out.

Anyway, the KINGS had a meet and greet out at the Roseville Galleria when DeMarcus and Hassan were first drafted. With DeMarcus getting all the fan attention, I was able to talk with Hassan for a few minutes and get a pic taken with him. It’s unbelievable how skinny and frail he was then compared to now. He’s done a phenomenal job on his body. Something Marvin Bagley needs to ask him about. Cause MB3 could become an all world player if he transformed his body similarly.

I remember asking Hassan back then what he expected from his rookie season and he said “to lead the league in blocked shots”. Of course that didn’t happen, but he did reach that goal eventually.

Back during the 2010 draft I was lobbying for Whiteside at #5 if DeMarcus wasn’t available. Of course they ended up getting him 28 spots later.

He took a lot longer to develop than I thought, but he eventually became a player. What I liked about him back then that a lot a people may not know is that he was a late bloomer. He had a late growth spurt a la Dennis Rodman and was still learning his body back during his days at Marshall.

I always thought he’d become a better perimeter shooter though. He showed signs of it in college. But that’s never panned out.

Anyway, the KINGS had a meet and greet out at the Roseville Galleria when DeMarcus and Hassan were first drafted. With DeMarcus getting all the fan attention, I was able to talk with Hassan for a few minutes and get a pic taken with him. It’s unbelievable how skinny and frail he was then compared to now. He’s done a phenomenal job on his body. Something Marvin Bagley needs to ask him about. Cause MB3 could become an all world player if he transformed his body similarly.

I remember asking Hassan back then what he expected from his rookie season and he said “to lead the league in blocked shots”. Of course that didn’t happen, but he did reach that goal eventually.
Unironically a cool story bro.