Fan creates website for new arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone check the channel 10 website? Here's an article

http://www.kxtv.com/storyfull2.aspx?storyid=15071

Fan Creates Website for Supporters of New ARCO Arena
Written for the web by C. Johnson, Internet News Producer

Bryan May's Report

When talk of a new ARCO Arena surfaces, it usually centers around well-known names who have some say in whether or not such a deal will happen. Now a local man has created a website for supporters who want to express their opinion on the matter.

Michael O'Neill started his ReplaceARCOArena.com website a few months ago. He came up with the idea when he realized that fans who want a new facility probably have no idea how to voice that support.

"People were calling in saying, 'What can I do to show my support for a new arena? What can I do to get a new arena built?', O'Neill says. "Truth is, the common fan can't do a whole lot. We're not the movers and shakers that do that. But it will give us a voice."

O'Neill describes his website as one-stop shopping for all things arena-related. That includes information on how to contact elected city leaders to a history of arenas. There is also a feedback section that allows users to offer their ideas and vent, if need be.

O'Neill thinks one reason a new arena appears no closer to reality after six years of discussions is that there isn't a formal plan for what it would look like, include and cost. "I've heard everything from $300 million to $538 million," he says. "There's nothing concrete you can sink your teeth into and say, 'Look! Look how great it is!'"

The webmaster says he has not received any input or feedback on his website from those movers and shakers. That includes the Maloof family, owners of the Sacramento Kings, the arena's NBA franchise. O'Neill admits he doesn't know if ReplaceARCOArena.com will become more than an online forum for supporters of a new arena but he can hope so.

O'Neill's website can be accessed by clicking on the link below.

The website for the new arena is:

http://replacearcoarena.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.