Everything happens for a reason

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So, tonight because Brad didn't throw down a last second shot, Amare made a questionable block and prevented the Kings from taking the game to overtime.

So, let's look at this for a moment.

What have the Kings - and especially Brad Miller - learned? Maybe, just maybe, Brad will start to act like the 7 footer he is and NOT put up some of those wimpy lay-ups that can be blocked. Maybe, just maybe, the Kings will realize they can't get away with the soft passes, the weak lay-ups, etc.

What cost us this game can be boiled down to a lack of authoritarian play. The Kings made lazy passes against a team that doesn't ever lay back on anything. They made marshmallow lay-ups that guys like Amare had great fun swatting into the cheap seats. They let themselves slip into passive mode.

I love this team. You all know I love this team. This team knows I love this team (I hope). ;)

So far, the Kings have learned and improved. They've taken their game up a notch and they're still capable of more improvement.

I hope Brad watches that game tape over and over again. I hope he thinks about it over and over again. I hope he decides in his own mind not to EVER put the team in a position where they can have a game taken away because of a questionable call or non-call. If he can do that, then tonight's loss will not have been in vain.

Hope springs eternal...and it's the only thing keeping me from doing great and massive injury to a bunch of trees!

;)

::sigh:: yeah you're right

but i know that Brads prolly already thought about the fact that he should of two handed that baby in there...that way there would have been no question...and MAYBE just MAYBE an AND1

I agree...Brad, watch tapes. Don't go to Chuck E Cheese. ;) Throw it down, big fella.

Let's beat the Sonics this Thursday!!! GO KINGS!!!

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I think he let it go fast because there was no time left on the clock to dunk. Of course looking at it now there may have been enough time but he didn't know.

Brad didnt lose the game for us. I think we can point to a number of things.

With that said its still early, I would rather face the Suns then the Spurs first or second round. Suns remind me to much of the Mavs when Nash was there. Almost the same type of team.

I agree...Brad, watch tapes. Don't go to Chuck E Cheese. Throw it down, big fella.

Let's beat the Sonics this Thursday!!! GO KINGS!!!
I just hope no one from our team gets suspended. They likely won't, but i want to see a good game on Thursday

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I didn't say nor did I mean to imply that Brad lost the game.

What I said was that a lack of authoritarian play cost us the game. Wimpy passing that was easy pickings, marshmallow lay-ups, etc.

VF21 said:
So, tonight because Brad didn't throw down a last second shot, Amare made a questionable block and prevented the Kings from taking the game to overtime.

So, let's look at this for a moment.

What have the Kings - and especially Brad Miller - learned? Maybe, just maybe, Brad will start to act like the 7 footer he is and NOT put up some of those wimpy lay-ups that can be blocked. Maybe, just maybe, the Kings will realize they can't get away with the soft passes, the weak lay-ups, etc.

What cost us this game can be boiled down to a lack of authoritarian play. The Kings made lazy passes against a team that doesn't ever lay back on anything. They made marshmallow lay-ups that guys like Amare had great fun swatting into the cheap seats. They let themselves slip into passive mode.

I love this team. You all know I love this team. This team knows I love this team (I hope). ;)

So far, the Kings have learned and improved. They've taken their game up a notch and they're still capable of more improvement.

I hope Brad watches that game tape over and over again. I hope he thinks about it over and over again. I hope he decides in his own mind not to EVER put the team in a position where they can have a game taken away because of a questionable call or non-call. If he can do that, then tonight's loss will not have been in vain.

Hope springs eternal...and it's the only thing keeping me from doing great and massive injury to a bunch of trees!

;)
i FEEL YOU

VF21 said:
I didn't say nor did I mean to imply that Brad lost the game.

What I said was that a lack of authoritarian play cost us the game. Wimpy passing that was easy pickings, marshmallow lay-ups, etc.
I know... Didn't mean to sound the way it did. Man I suck all my posts are suckn these days.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I am more disappointed in the fact that we were even put in that position to begin with. We have yet to dominate any good teams this year.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Great post VF.

After the game, my dad was hellza pissed, and I just sat there..."He should have dunked. He's seven feet. He shouldv'e dunked it."

Hopefully this'll light a fire under B-52 and he will be AGGRESIVE!

Oh yea, and Phoenix. You wont be so lucky next time!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
BigWaxer said:
I know... Didn't mean to sound the way it did. Man I suck all my posts are suckn these days.
Nah, don't worry about.

I am so angry - and there's no one to really blame. It was the fates. I do REALLY believe, however, that there is a lesson to be learned from this game. It is pretty easy to see - and I really think the Kings will be talking about it tomorrow.

If I, a short, middle-aged woman, can see it they had better be able to.

And now? There's a big Ponderosa Pine outside of my living room window that doesn't know it yet, but it's about to receive a thorough and complete kicking!

:D

VF21 said:
A layup was actually the right shot to take. He dunks in that situation, the refs must review it because the buzzer would've sounded simultaneoulsy, and a dunk would stay in his hand longer than it would during the process of laying it up. There's no way he (relatively unexplosive) would've gotten a dunk off in that amount of time.

VF21 said:
And now? There's a big Ponderosa Pine outside of my living room window that doesn't know it yet, but it's about to receive a thorough and complete kicking!

:D

HAHAH be carefull I know them tree's have a tendacy to break some bones if one where to kick the trunk square on.

Brad doesn't have hops which is the main reason he doesn't try too many throw downs. Doubt that is going to change anytime soon...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Gargamel said:
A layup was actually the right shot to take. He dunks in that situation, the refs must review it because the buzzer would've sounded simultaneoulsy, and a dunk would stay in his hand longer than it would during the process of laying it up. There's no way he (relatively unexplosive) would've gotten a dunk off in that amount of time.
I can't stomach watching the end of the game again right now, but I do believe the buzzer sounded as the ball was careening off into the atmosphere. If that's the case, there most likely would have been time to dunk it.

Regardless, it was still IMHO a lack of authoritarian play (I'm kinda stuck on that phrase) that caused most of the problems. I think they need to address that once and for all and I think this game just might give them the impetus to do it.

Hold on, tree! I'm getting my boots on...

Variant said:
Brad doesn't have hops which is the main reason he doesn't try too many throw downs. Doubt that is going to change anytime soon...
I suspect that there'd be more anger if Brad dunked only to have it waived off after review. Yikes.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Gargamel said:
I suspect that there'd be more anger if Brad dunked only to have it waived off after review. Yikes.
No. On review, you have to take that. Then you're pretty sure they got it right.

VF21 said:
I can't stomach watching the end of the game again right now, but I do believe the buzzer sounded as the ball was careening off into the atmosphere. If that's the case, there most likely would have been time to dunk it.
I just saw it a few times on the BSPN channels. I have to stick up for your guy here. I'm convinced he wouldn't have gotten a dunk off. A review would've been quite interesting because seeing if his fingers were touching the ball inside the net would've been difficult. That could've been a nasty precedent for the review rule.

Bricklayer said:
No. On review, you have to take that. Then you're pretty sure they got it right.
True. I do recall a recent review call that still pissed off the losing fans because one of the refs shrugged while watching the footage. There'll always be something to complain about.

Ya know a system like the NFL wouldn't be so bad. Right now they review all last min shots. Why not extend that to 1 challenge for the last 2 min of each half.

Ref's are only human. In this case they are 80 year old humans but! Maybe this is something the NBA needs. I mean really the technology is there.