Eric Moreland Waived

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I suggested we try or the franchise try to move him for a protected second if they could. I'd imagine they would have tried, maybe no one was willing.

Why the hell would we waive him? Good attitude shot blocking defensive bigs don't grow on trees. Yet scrubby Stockton is still on the team? Absolutely terrible move. I'm pissed

I didn't watch all summer league games, but in the ones I did I thought he looked less impressive than last year's summer league. I'm not completely surprised.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Why the hell would we waive him? Good attitude shot blocking defensive bigs don't grow on trees. Yet scrubby Stockton is still on the team? Absolutely terrible move. I'm pissed
scrubby Stockton AND Wisconsin's waterboy

kinda odd. Could see him replaced by a vet, which is fine. In which case I guess it was his looming guarantee date that drove him to be the guy dumped rather than one of the true no talents.

Bricklayer

I didn't watch all summer league games, but in the ones I did I thought he looked less impressive than last year's summer league. I'm not completely surprised.
Would agree with this, especially in comparison to WCS. I think he was less dynamic this time around, but I also think that we may have been so desperate for somebody, ANYBODY of the shotblocking variety to fall our way that he was a drink of water. But put him next to WCS and he suddenly looked small and comparatively pedestrian. Showed solidly on the glass though.

Moreland will go down as the second coming of Justin Williams. We were so deprived of any sense of shotblocking that we all get on board when we sniff it. He really is really redundant with a frontline of WCS, Boogie, Koufos even Acy offers more than he would. Good luck to him, I could see Denver picking him up. Also his girlfriend is fine lol.

I can see Moute taking Morelands spot and Stockton being cut in training camp.

Final Roster
1. Demarcus Cousins
2. Rudy Gay
3. Rajon Rondo
4. Darren Collison
5. Kosta Koufos
6. Ben Mclemore
7. Marco Bellineli
8. Willie Cauley Stein
9. Omri Casspi
10. Caron Butler
11. Luc Bah Moute
12. Quincy Acy
13. James Anderson
14. Seth Curry
15. Duje Dukan

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Confused as to why Dukan deserves a roster spot over Moreland.
In all likelyhood because of his entirely different skill set. Moreland is a smaller duplicate of Cauley-Stein. Not that there's anything wrong with that, and I'm somewhat surprised that they waived Moreland, but something was going to happen one way or the other with the august first date looming. I think I'll wait to see if there's a wink/wink agreement between Moreland and the Kings. They have invested time and some money into him, so it's very possible he'll be invited to camp and given a chance to play his way onto the team. Of course that doesn't preclude another team from jumping in and trying to steal him away.

Look, the Kings could have another deal in the works and needed to keep a roster spot open in the event they're able to pull it off. If they still have the 2.8 mil exception left, and it's likely that they do, then there could be something in the works. Waiving Moreland could be nothing more than keeping that option open.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, and I'm somewhat surprised that they waived Moreland, but something was going to happen one way or the other with the august first date looming. I think I'll wait to see if there's a wink/wink agreement between Moreland and the Kings. They have invested time and some money into him, so it's very possible he'll be invited to camp and given a chance to play his way onto the team. Of course that doesn't preclude another team from jumping in and trying to steal him away.
If Moreland is waived, I don't think he is coming back.

The Kings and Moreland could have agreed to move back the date for the guarantee to kick in, to buy time, if both parties were interested in him returning.

Once he is released, he is gone. I predict we will see him sign with Denver, with PDA and Malone there.

A bit confused on why considering we're short at PF/C now. Henry Sims?

I think Moreland is a little bit overrated. He's a tad undersized and provides hustling and rebounding. He didn't really stand out so maybe he's expendable. I want to see who his replacement is though

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You're pissed that we waived someone who would most likely see very limited (if any) court time? I love this forum. People are so used to being upset over personnel moves that some of us are protesting the waiver of the 14th guy on the depth chart.

In all likelyhood because of his entirely different skill set. Moreland is a smaller duplicate of Cauley-Stein. Not that there's anything wrong with that, and I'm somewhat surprised that they waived Moreland, but something was going to happen one way or the other with the august first date looming. I think I'll wait to see if there's a wink/wink agreement between Moreland and the Kings. They have invested time and some money into him, so it's very possible he'll be invited to camp and given a chance to play his way onto the team. Of course that doesn't preclude another team from jumping in and trying to steal him away.

Look, the Kings could have another deal in the works and needed to keep a roster spot open in the event they're able to pull it off. If they still have the 2.8 mil exception left, and it's likely that they do, then there could be something in the works. Waiving Moreland could be nothing more than keeping that option open.
Dukan has a different skill set, but are we even sure that he's even good at that skillset?
He shot 33% from the college 3-pt line, which is nothing remarkable.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
One thing to remember? We negated Luc's deal because of his shoulder. If he is able to pass a physical, we might well be looking to secure his services. (As of today, Mbah a Moute's Twitter profile still says he's a "Sacramento King." )

You're pissed that we waived someone who would most likely see very limited (if any) court time? I love this forum. People are so used to being upset over personnel moves that some of us are protesting the waiver of the 14th guy on the depth chart.
I know it's just a guy who most likely was going to be a bench warmer, but Moreland is good at something. Dukan I'm still trying to rationalize what exactly he brings to the table.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I know it's just a guy who most likely was going to be a bench warmer, but Moreland is good at something. Dukan I'm still trying to rationalize what exactly he brings to the table.
I'm going to trust in Vlade's ability to judge talent. What I saw of Duje during summer league intrigued me. Considering he didn't get much college court time because of Kaminsky (someone I also really liked), I think he showed a lot of potential in Vegas. We know what we can expect of Moreland. With Dukan, it costs very little to take a chance on a kid who just might end up being a valuable asset off the bench. Remember, not all players are hired to start. We need a strong bench and I think Vlade is doing an excellent job in recreating a "bench mob" we haven't seen since the glory days. ;)

Just cuz he sent some scrubs shots in the summer league to the bleachers doesn't mean he is a 'good' shot blocker last time I checked he was very foul prone when he got his pt in the reg season, with limited offensive game

Just cuz he sent some scrubs shots in the summer league to the bleachers doesn't mean he is a 'good' shot blocker last time I checked he was very foul prone when he got his pt in the reg season, with limited offensive game
You concluded he was foul prone by the 1 foul he committed in the 2 minutes he played all season? That's a bit of a stretch.

Bricklayer

A bit confused on why considering we're short at PF/C now. Henry Sims?

I think Moreland is a little bit overrated. He's a tad undersized and provides hustling and rebounding. He didn't really stand out so maybe he's expendable. I want to see who his replacement is though
or Mbah a Moute. Or Reggie. Or...

bajaden

Hall of Famer
If Moreland is waived, I don't think he is coming back.

The Kings and Moreland could have agreed to move back the date for the guarantee to kick in, to buy time, if both parties were interested in him returning.

Once he is released, he is gone. I predict we will see him sign with Denver, with PDA and Malone there.
You could be right! I don't have a crystal ball. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Denver, nor would I be surprised to see him invited to our training camp. I have to keep reminding myself that zero plus zero still equals zero..

Status
Not open for further replies.