Ellie DUI

From the owners, to the coaches, to the players. Right on down.

Things are so bad that people in the org have just given up and gone to drinking, and not minding their behavior. So are you, reader, going to be one of those people who sticks up for the org once again?? blaming the fans for losing interest?? calling them not true fans?!?

This **** is ridiculous!! These *******s are role models (whether they like it or not)! Some fans have children and families that would prefer not to encourage their kids to associate, look up to, or admire this kind of behavior.

Once, maybe twice IN A BLUE MOON should this happen within a relatively small organization like a basketball team (owners, coaches, players). THREE in SIX MONTHS TIME PEOPLE.

And you wonder why people are losing interest. Do you really?

It's not great really; especially when you consider the coaches should probably be setting an example to some of our younger players.

not that it's written into their contract or anything but you'd expect some decorum off the court.

what more can you say.

K

Kingsguy881

Some people are TOTALLY trippin. Yeah, error in judgement. We all have them. And especially as much stress this team is under with all the losing. 'Some people have kids...blah blah blah'. It's a life lesson. An example of what not to do. Yeah, Elie was dumb. But really? Who are you to judge mr. Squeaky Clean? Lol, for real, trippin. I have kids, they know better, I use that as an example to them so they can see what happens even to someone who is high profile. It's not like Ben Rothlesberger being accused of rape TWICE. It's a DUI, a big deal but nothing to flip your lid over. Good Lord....

Some people are TOTALLY trippin. Yeah, error in judgement. We all have them. And especially as much stress this team is under with all the losing. 'Some people have kids...blah blah blah'. It's a life lesson. An example of what not to do. Yeah, Elie was dumb. But really? Who are you to judge mr. Squeaky Clean? Lol, for real, trippin. I have kids, they know better, I use that as an example to them so they can see what happens even to someone who is high profile. It's not like Ben Rothlesberger being accused of rape TWICE. It's a DUI, a big deal but nothing to flip your lid over. Good Lord....
It's worth tripping when it becomes a pattern. It is clearly a pattern for this organization. Something is wrong. And when you hop in a car intoxicated, with the possibility of killing another, it is time to judge.

I'm not judging. And I'm not squeaky clean by any means. What I'm saying is that I don't blame people for losing interest in a team where you have these kinds of repeated problems from top to bottom.

I don't think anyone here is trippin at all - it's this long list of Kings organization DUI offenders that's doing all the over sippin and trippin:

Eric Musselman
Rebecca Brunson
Andres Nocioni
George Maloof
Antoine Wright
Mario Elie

and next?

I don't think anyone here is trippin at all - it's this long list of Kings organization DUI offenders that's doing all the over sippin and trippin:

Eric Musselman
Rebecca Brunson
Andres Nocioni
George Maloof
Antoine Wright
Mario Elie

and next?

Hell that's right... and I had even forgotton about Noc and Muscles. Who's that Brunson girl?

At a certain point you start to wonder if it's a coincidence that the team is owned by people in the party business. Is there some kind of organizational enabling going on? Eight ball says: Early answer comes back yes.

Last edited:
Wow. Another player. Can anyone at all think of another sports organization with even close to this many DUIs in this short a time?
NO! Of course, if you throw in Evan's infamous recklass driving conviction it starts to get like almost "biblical proportions" for a single pro sports organization.

I hate to say this, because DUI's are not a laughing matter, but when I first saw the title to this thread I laughed. This is becoming comical....

I hate to say this, because DUI's are not a laughing matter, but when I first saw the title to this thread I laughed. This is becoming comical....
and satirical.... I don't know, maybe "tipsy" Kings organization should look at having Mormon folks at all levels. The only one I know for sure they had in past was Danny Ainge. Some very well known biz organizations and billionaire moguls are known to prefer LDS members when hiring or at least putting them at highest levels of their company. Howard Hughes and Ross Perot always hired lots and lots of Mormon's. Or at least hire more clean as a whistle people like long-time voice of the Kings Gary Gerould who does not drink at all.

Last edited:
What part of Kings organization is left wobbling to be arrested in this drunken epidemic spectacle? Next? Slamson?
I bought Slamson a beer once! He is a really cool guy who use to be a college Gymnist. He had a few beers but nothing like drunk driving. Can you imagine the mug shot with the suit on at the station? Now what kind of message would THAT send to our children? All these guys are role models and they know it. Some resent it, some embrace it, but the bottom line is these players and coaches are making a lot of money in a down economy to play a kids game. They should have more respect for the organization, the fans, and the game itself. Getting busted drunk driving when they can all easily afford a cab and in some instances a LIMO is unforgivable! These young men are not being held to account for their responsibilities. The ownership needs to express concern over the direction and lack of focus in this area. I am not saying that these players represent the majority of players and staff on this team, but they are represenatives of the team and as such need to comport themselves accordingly. There are many many other young men who would kill for their jobs. It would be nice if the players and coaches showed enough respect for the game to not get into these situations. Mario Elle has been considered a head coaching candidate for a long time now and this incident will do a great deal of damage to his reputation and chances to land a head coaching job. Very foolish for him to get arrested for DUI. He is setting a bad example for the young players on this team as well as setting a bad example for the young people who look up to the Kings players and organization. Very Sad!

Last edited: