• Wizards in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I want to say Wiz in 6 but I'm going with Boston in 6, they need to contain IT and they can win this series. If he goes off and involves other players, then they won't win. Avery Bradley and Marcus Smart can D up Wall & Beal and they will definitely give them fits. I'll be rooting with all my mite for the Wiz kids!

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
good start for the Wiz and that was all she wrote from there. Pathetic defense after the first quarter. Allowing 123 points in a playoff game, too many 15+ scorers for the Celts, they live and die by the three and the Wiz had no answer for them.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
considering the Wiz have him as their third scorer, he is very important to them. He can stretch the floor and play good defense at times.

Its a real shame Isaiah Thomas refused to be a sixth man for our almighty Sacramento Kings. I guess the little midget chucker was too full of himself to know his place. Sigh..watching these games are depressing. Best player to be a King since Webber, proving it right now. As talented as Cousins is/was here, he would crumble mentally with these kind of stakes. IT's teammates will follow him to their graves. Intangibles. Heart, Leadership, will to win.

only one ball to go around...it would of been a locker room blood bath for possessions
lol, mentality of a losers. Stop making excuses, letting Isaiah go for the kind of money he ended up getting will be the worst move this franchise has ever made, certainly in Sac era. IT is a winner, plain and simple. Refuses to fail.

Its a real shame Isaiah Thomas refused to be a sixth man for our almighty Sacramento Kings. I guess the little midget chucker was too full of himself to know his place. Sigh..watching these games are depressing. Best player to be a King since Webber, proving it right now. As talented as Cousins is/was here, he would crumble mentally with these kind of stakes. IT's teammates will follow him to their graves. Intangibles. Heart, Leadership, will to win.
kings FO screwed themselves over. i wonder what a full season of IT-Gay-Cousins could've looked like?

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

In all seriousness, IT has improved so much. He's one of my favorite players in the NBA. For me, he's 3rd in the MVP race behind Westbrook and Harden.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
lol, mentality of a losers. Stop making excuses, letting Isaiah go for the kind of money he ended up getting will be the worst move this franchise has ever made, certainly in Sac era. IT is a winner, plain and simple. Refuses to fail.
Please. Get your head out of your rear. IT works in Boston because he is option 1a and 1b. with Cousins on the team, that was not going to happen. Celtics have nothing but role players around IT. Nothing special to be honest. Players know their role, defend, hit the three, give the ball to IT...looks good when they play a team who can't defend whatsoever.

Please. Get your head out of your rear. IT works in Boston because he is option 1a and 1b. with Cousins on the team, that was not going to happen. Celtics have nothing but role players around IT. Nothing special to be honest. Players know their role, defend, hit the three, give the ball to IT...looks good when they play a team who can't defend whatsoever.
I don't know that I'd call Horford just a role player, he just doesn't need the ball as much as Cousins. I even think Bradley could be an above average role player or more. The reason I think IT works in Boston is because has a couple other guys who can knock down shots, but more importantly, he's surrounded with good defensive players. Being the focal point of the offense doesn't hurt either. IT didn't have that defense around him in Sac and he wasn't the focal point of the offense, Cousins was.

Last edited:
Its a real shame Isaiah Thomas refused to be a sixth man for our almighty Sacramento Kings. I guess the little midget chucker was too full of himself to know his place. Sigh..watching these games are depressing. Best player to be a King since Webber, proving it right now.
Hyperbole and delusion at its finest.

First of all, Isaiah wasn't the same player in Sac that he is now. If he had been, he never would have gotten away from the Kings and/or Suns. Even his current coach acknowledged tonight how much his shooting and game has improved during his 2 seasons in Boston. 3 years ago, a 6th man role wasn't all that laughable even though it is today. While certainly a very good player in Sac, you can't compare his time here to what he's developed into. But nice try.

Secondly, the best Kings player since Webber is just a ludicrous comment, for reasons already stated.

As talented as Cousins is/was here, he would crumble mentally with these kind of stakes.
Another ridiculous comment based on bias and nothing factual at all. You may believe it, but that doesn't make it so. Not even close.

IT and Boogie would have been a dynasty here under Dave
I'm so happy to see IT succeeding the way he is right now. I hated to lose him, but it ended up being the best thing for him. Lots of teams, coaches and players doubted him because of his size. And let's face it --- that reason is typically spot on. It ain't easy for a 5'9" player to not only succeed in the NBA but to become an elite player as Thomas has become. He found the right coach, system and team to buy into and showcase his talent. I hope what we've seen in the postseason thus far is only the tip of the iceberg. I want to see a lot more.

IT said something in the postgame interview tonight that I believe speaks volumes. Someone asked if he knew he had 50 points and what it meant to him to have the 2nd highest single game total in Celtics playoff history -- a franchise with so many great players. He said all those great players have a championship trophy and that he needs to win one too to truly be a "great" player. The kid surely has the right attitude.

Well he is by far the best player on a #1 seed thats two wins away from the ECF. Meanwhile we and Cousins new team are on vacation with yet another 30 win season. IT is unguardable, he proved it tonight. Wall is considered one of the premier defensive PG's and IT lit him up like a Christmas Tree. I feel like people here live in and constant "well on paper this guy is this" instead of seeing things as they actually happen.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
A competent front office could easily build around those two with a solid coach like Dave.

Trading gay for a defensive pieces would have been a good start
By the time that competent front office comes around, another one would come in and get rid of one or both players. For all we know, Dave wouldn't be our head coach. Maybe Frank Vogel would be. Maybe Messina. Maybe Walton.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I don't know that I'd call Horford just a role player, he just doesn't need the ball as much as Cousins. I even think Bradley could be an above average role player or more. The reason I think IT works in Boston is because has a couple other guys who can knock down shots, but more importantly, he's surrounded with good defensive players. Being the focal point of the offense doesn't hurt either. IT didn't have that defense around him in Sac and he wasn't the focal point of the offense, Cousins was.
You said it all right there. Exactly what I was referring to as to why IT is working in Boston. Stevens also hides him or benches him when its time to hide him on defense so that works in his favor too. Look, he is a nice story. A heck of a player. But let's be realistic, if Rondo didn't get hurt, I don't think we would be praising and singing this tune right now. Rondo is a smart enough player to expose IT for who he is, he went down...so did the entire Bulls team. The Wizards are a low IQ team, sans Wall. Even he has his mental lapses though and he can't consistently play both ends when the team needs him to do facilitate and score the ball. The way they have defended him in this series the first two games is absolutely pathetic. I haven't seen him get knocked on his rear end once, other than his own doing, tripping over himself or other players.

By the way, Horford is a career 14 and 8 ball player...he is simply solid, a very expensive high end role player IMO.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Well he is by far the best player on a #1 seed thats two wins away from the ECF. Meanwhile we and Cousins new team are on vacation with yet another 30 win season. IT is unguardable, he proved it tonight. Wall is considered one of the premier defensive PG's and IT lit him up like a Christmas Tree. I feel like people here live in and constant "well on paper this guy is this" instead of seeing things as they actually happen.
IT is guardable, smart teams will show that. The Wizards aren't a smart team. Wait until the Cavs wipe the floor with them. Look, I don't want to discredit what the Celts and IT have done, but let's be honest with ourselves. IT has free reign to go full chuck mode and not have to worry about a player or coach telling him not to do so. He is looking legendary in these first two games because the Wiz are incapable of playing any type of defense. I mean this is the playoffs and they've allowed consecutive 120+ PPG...I really don't see the fire and desire to really get physical. They chase IT around like he is a gopher rather than trapping him and making him pass over a swarm of hands. It's pitiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.