Draft Lottery

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Thought we should have a thread for the lottery which takes place a little over half an hour from now. Part of me is just happy we're participating, as that hasn't been certain for awhile now. Roughly a 6% chance at getting the top pick.

I'm predicting a top 3 pick. Funny things seem to happen when Stern is on your side.

Last edited:
Thought we should have a thread for the lottery which takes place a little over half an hour from now. Part of me is just happy we're participating, as that hasn't been certain for awhile now. Roughly a 6% chance at getting the top pick.

I'm predicting a top 3 pick. Funny things seem to happen when Stern is on your side.

Is it before the game or at halftime? Good ol Sac bee said it happens at halftime...

L

LWP777

I really hate this day of the year. Every time it's the same thing. I watch and my heart pounds so hard that it hurts. Once they show the Kings logo at the worst possible pick I scream an expletive at the top of my lungs and turn the TV off.

Tonight I'm not as attached because this draft is a crapshoot. No consensus franchise player. That being said, I expect the same outcome tonight as every year......

;((((

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hey, we've got a horse in the race. At least we're not going to see the logo of the Seattle Sonics.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I really hate this day of the year. Every time it's the same thing. I watch and my heart pounds so hard that it hurts. Once they show the Kings logo at the worst possible pick I scream an expletive at the top of my lungs and turn the TV off.

Tonight I'm not as attached because this draft is a crapshoot. No consensus franchise player. That being said, I expect the same outcome tonight as every year......

;((((
Top 3 baby.

I'm not dying for a #1 pick like I have in past years.
Regardless of the outcome I hope that this asset is used to really help fill a need for our team going forward, be that via draft pick, or a trade of some sort.

I'm preparing for 7th. The lottery never favours us. The funny thing is, I'll still be overwhelmed with anger when the inevitable happens. [/pessimism] [/reverse-psychology]

I'm pretty indifferent about the Kings moving up, this is not the draft to really care all that much about such things. Honestly, I'd like for us to move up so we can possibly trade down and get some free stuff in the process while probably nabbing a player just as good. Moving up means you might get a slightly safer role player.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I do what I do every year (except for the Greg Oden year when I really didn't want us to draft him). I hope for #1 and accept whatever happens. As I said above, I am so incredibly happy that we're even in this that the rest is merely details.

Since there will be quality players available at 6, it won't be horrible if we fail to jump into the top 3, but I would prefer to not drop down to 7th.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I do what I do every year (except for the Greg Oden year when I really didn't want us to draft him). I hope for #1 and accept whatever happens. As I said above, I am so incredibly happy that we're even in this that the rest is merely details.
I am pretty much like you.

As I have said the last two years, it seems like the Kings can't make a mistake - and then they made consecutive mistakes. We are a few trades away from having a much better team and it seem like there are guys who can contribute. We have the luxury of not needing a super star although I would accept one if offered.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Since there will be quality players available at 6, it won't be horrible if we fail to jump into the top 3, but I would prefer to not drop down to 7th.
I don't know what the drop off is from 6 to 7 but it seems like we can find a contributor. This year, maybe the players will even come to Sacramento to work out.