Doug Collins?

Y

y2kings

Just a thought...like to see what others think of him. he obviously understands basketball, i like watching him on TNT...who's with me

pdxKingsFan

Hall of Famer
y2kings said:
he obviously understands basketball, i like watching him on TNT...who's with me
From watching him on TNT and NBC I beg to differ. He continually goes on about either the most obvious or most inane aspects of the game. Horrible coach, hasn't done squat in his career except for perhaps one good season in Detroit. And his last stint was a total disaster although Jordan shoulders a lot of that blame.

Personally, I think he's one of the better options we have. I would rather have Adelman but that's not happening. I think he's a whole lot better than Don Nelson.

Y

y2kings

he points out things that those coaches aren't doing...which happen to see obvious. He hasn't had a chance to coach too many talented teams...the wizards team was jordan dominated and ran. The detriot team had G hill, allan houston for a year..but nothing much more than that.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Extremely knowledgible as an announcer.

But a complete ******* as a coach. Never has won squat, and routinely inspires mutinies on his own teams. Artest would be choking him within 6 months.

No. I like Collins too, but no. Not good enough in the clutch. Like Brick says, homicide unit will need to be dispatched if on the same team as Artest.

Double ditto with Brick and jacobdrj.

Doug Collins best days were the early Jordan days when they were making the playoffs on Jordan's greatness, but getting eliminated every year because they were playing the best team's in the League.

Mike Brown needs to read up on the Doug Collins era in Chicago, because he's probably going to go through the same thing in Cleveland for at lease a couple seasons.

Bricklayer said:
Extremely knowledgible as an announcer.

But a complete ******* as a coach. Never has won squat, and routinely inspires mutinies on his own teams. Artest would be choking him within 6 months.
I agree wholeheartedly. Great announcer but a horrible coach.