Doncic for MPJ + 2019 Dallas 1st?

Doncic for MPJ + 2019 Dallas 1st?

• Total voters
We select Doncic at #2 and project Atlanta goes JJJ/Bamba while Memphis takes Bagley. Mavs take Porter at #5.

Why for the Kings:
Get the player they want and a (probably top 3 protected) 1st rounder in 2019s less than stellar draft.

Why for the Mavs:
Doncic.

Thoughts? What would be the range of emotions on draft night?

We select Doncic at #2 and project Atlanta goes JJJ/Bamba while Memphis takes Bagley. Mavs take Porter at #5.

Why for the Kings:
Get the player they want and a (probably top 3 protected) 1st rounder in 2019s less than stellar draft.

Why for the Mavs:
Doncic.

Thoughts? What would be the range of emotions on draft night?
Sure, but only if Porter is the player the Kings would take at 2 anyways.
As you mentioned 2019 is not looking great, regardless it's nice there will be no incentive for Sacramento and depending how bad Dallas is, since top 3 protected, to lose.

If they really want MPJ, it makes a lot of sense.

It’s clear I want Doncic, but I have a feeling the FO wants MPJ. If they are 100% sure his back is ok, and they believe he’s the best player, I would make this move. If then MPJ is selected by Atlanta or Memphis, we just keep Doncic.

Personally I wouldnt do it because I have Doncic #1 in a tier by himself.

However if you would pick MPJ anyway, please do it after a trade down. Kind of like last year when you could see the Justin Jackson pick coming from miles away but luckily they didnt pick him at #10 but traded down.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
We took a high upside risk last season. At 20.

NFW I accept doing this when we own the second pick in a draft and are expected to find the guy touted as #1 overall for most of the last year fall down to us.

I'm sorry. We take Doncic or Ayton and call it a day and if we get cute I scream.

I don't know what is/isn't true but the report I heard about MPJ was that if he didn't have a disc removed it isn't long for this world. I see a Brandon Roy type career with this guy, he may tear up the league for a few seasons but then be retired before his 27th birthday. Pass.