do you believe gavin maloof when said ''were never going to be in the lottery again''

do you ?

• yes

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • no

Votes: 33 89.2%

• Total voters

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
You can't say that your "NEVER" going to be in the lottery again. Every team will be in the lottery again it just happens when you suck and/or you age. I think what he meant to say is this year will be the last time in quite some time that we will be in the lottery again and I think it's about damn time that becomes true. We've had enough ping pong balls not bounce our way, we were just fortunate enough to have teams draft for need rather than BPA.

You mean will we be in the playoffs every year until this franchise is no more? Obviously no.

Will we be in the lottery next year? Well, Memphis and New Orleans (the 7th and 8th seeds) had 22 more wins than us last season, and I don't see how we'll be 22 wins better by next year, so the answer is still no.

Entity

Hall of Famer
id say it depends on what addition we make. draft pick will not be enough. we had a .545 winning percentage when Thorton and Tyreke played together albeit for just 11 games. hey will get better together and DMC will get better. So that addition will be icing on the cake. We could do it.

OK, this was a spur of the moment tongue in cheek quote by KJ and should not be micro analyzed... he was being facetious is all.. thread should be locked.

Does that get engraved on the same plaque as "I personally guarantee that the Cleveland Cavaliers will win an NBA Championship before the self-titled former ‘king' wins one. You can take it to the bank." from Dan Gilbert?

Glenn

Hall of Famer
In the immediate future, this means the Maloofs are willing to spend what is necesary to get us into the playoffs next year. That's the only thing I want right now.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Well, if the Maloofs sell the team before the year is up, then George will have been correct.

*puts tin foil hat back on*