Divac extended

Vlade has been given the decision to retain DJ or not. We shall see what he does. My bet is at the end of the summer Brandon Williams will be around and DJ will not.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
well deserved. Let's see what he does with Dave moving forward and if he has a replacement in mind, should he make his decision
Fire Dave, hire Doug Christie as the new head coach, hire Mike Bibby to be the strength and conditioning coach (pending sexual harassment litigation), have the old crew (sans C-Webb who is too busy with his national TV analyst job) lead the new crew to the promised land.

(Partly serious about the DC part because the man both knows his basketball, does his prep work, seems to be well liked by the kids, and would probably knock dudes out himself if the team starting giving up another 25-pt-lead.)

Divac met with Brandon williams this morning and B williams will not be back next season, according to Sam Amick.

You were right Tetsujin.

At this point Id be surprised if Joerger isn't extended ASAP.

Fire Dave, hire Doug Christie as the new head coach, hire Mike Bibby to be the strength and conditioning coach (pending sexual harassment litigation), have the old crew (sans C-Webb who is too busy with his national TV analyst job) lead the new crew to the promised land.

(Partly serious about the DC part because the man both knows his basketball, does his prep work, seems to be well liked by the kids, and would probably knock dudes out himself if the team starting giving up another 25-pt-lead.)
The next Pat Riley?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

Christie doesn't even have experience as a assistant coach, I don't know how well he would work as the head coach. With Williams gone, this may mean Joerger gets one more season.

Passes on hall of fame caliber wing, team under his watch enters the lottery without a pick due to a previous trade that at no point anybody thought was good for the Kings. Gets extended because the bar is soo incredibly low in Sacramento. I know a lot of his moves haven't been bad, but two moves he made were absolutely critical that he failed on which lowers the potential of this team going forward.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Passes on hall of fame caliber wing, team under his watch enters the lottery without a pick due to a previous trade that at no point anybody thought was good for the Kings. Gets extended because the bar is soo incredibly low in Sacramento. I know a lot of his moves haven't been bad, but two moves he made were absolutely critical that he failed on which lowers the potential of this team going forward.
The moves he made absolutely didn’t lower the potential of the team moving forward.

Is Skal better than Caleb? Sure. Would Skal have ever played behind who’s already here? Nope.

You mean so it can be like reddit and bury opinions you disagree with? You like echo chambers?
I’ve got an ignore feature if I wanna do that, Mr. Sarcastic guy. And if that was my reason(s) for doing so, why would you care? You sound defensive to me. I can only assume why.

I’m fine with dissenting opinions if the person does their homework and has some kind of a clue what they’re talking about. And provides logical reasons or evidence to support their premise. If someone wants to argue that the sky is red instead of blue and they provide some type of rational evidence to support the claim, I’ll at least listen even if I disagree.

It’s the thoughtless, irrational, emotional and unsubstantiated takes I’d like to bury. But I’ll settle for just letting them know from time to time with a thumbs down. ;)

Seeing posts with no ;likes serves the same purpose without the mob mentality coming into play.
No and yes. On the yes part, don't think I would like the thumbs down because it would discourage dissenting opinions. People of dissenting opinions often have rational reasons for them that happen to be unpopular. On the no part, I view a post with no likes as somewhat neutral. Doesn't rank worthy of special praise but not necessarily bad either.