did the whole team get disbanded and i missed it?

saw this on www.foxsports.com in an article that was discussing the T-Wolves going after Karl Malone:

With the Lakers and Kings apparently out of the playoff picture out West, it looks like the Mailman has a choice between the two main contenders: Minny and San Antonio. Whoever snags him might have the ultimate edge. Despite his age, a combination of either Malone and Tim Duncan or Malone and KG would be disastrous to an opponent in a seven-game series.

???? we are out of the playoff picture??? and just how in the world did that happen on Sep 10th???

Didn't somebody post odds recently where the Kings were second or third favorites to win the championship? I guess the oddsmakers think most betters don't think the Kings are exactly out of the playoff picture.

A

AriesMar27

Go Clippers... lol, that just doesn't sound right, and I live in Los Angeles...

jeffjcalweb said:
saw this on www.foxsports.com in an article that was discussing the T-Wolves going after Karl Malone:

With the Lakers and Kings apparently out of the playoff picture out West, it looks like the Mailman has a choice between the two main contenders: Minny and San Antonio. Whoever snags him might have the ultimate edge. Despite his age, a combination of either Malone and Tim Duncan or Malone and KG would be disastrous to an opponent in a seven-game series.

???? we are out of the playoff picture??? and just how in the world did that happen on Sep 10th???
Disastrous???

Sorry, but if Malone can't win a championship with Kobe and Shaq then I don't see how he and Duncan or he and KG could be that much trouble for the rest of the league. Tough team but they still have holes like everyone else.

We are out of the Playoff picture?

Deserve a laugh.

But go ahead keep looking down on us. It will only fuel up our fire.

LET'S FIGHT!!!

I think the writer may have meant that "relatively speaking", but didn't convey it well enough. In other words, LA and Sac are out of the playoff picture as far as being threats to Minnesota.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Another season,another closed window. Well there you have it the experts have buried the Kings we might as well not ev en bother to watch the games this season.

Gargamel said:
I think the writer may have meant that "relatively speaking", but didn't convey it well enough. In other words, LA and Sac are out of the playoff picture as far as being threats to Minnesota.
Threats to Minnesota? What have they won? Maybe you meant the Spurs? Oh yea, they went out in the same round we did.

What is this guy talking about?? I hardly think our team has changed like the Lakers. Both teams lost their starting centers, but the Lakers also lost Fisher, Payton, Malone (apparently), Fox. Not to mention they have a new head coach.

Also, IMO, Karl Malone won't be the difference for either San Antonio or Minnesota. I mean, his name sounds good, but I think that knee injury he had last year is just the beginning. Once a player hits forty and gets injured, its all down hill.

Hell, now that we are 'out of the playoff picture' we might as well not even put a team on the floor this year...because after all, there is NO parity in the NBA, right? Right??(see Detroit and San Antonio) Oh, and just to let all the idiots know that are jumping on the Minny bandwagon...this is a new season, and last time I checked, that team has yet to win a title just like our Kings...so they really cant talk mess yet either till they win one.

WalMatt23 said:
What is this guy talking about?? I hardly think our team has changed like the Lakers. Both teams lost their starting centers, but the Lakers also lost Fisher, Payton, Malone (apparently), Fox. Not to mention they have a new head coach.

Also, IMO, Karl Malone won't be the difference for either San Antonio or Minnesota. I mean, his name sounds good, but I think that knee injury he had last year is just the beginning. Once a player hits forty and gets injured, its all down hill.
Agree with you completely. Just like to add that we have hardly lost the starting center. He was just a nominal starting center anyway. and at the moment even our backup center might turn out to be better than him.
while the lakers lost the center who could have lead them to a championship.
inspite of which i dont think that lakers should be counted out completely. i think that they can still make it to the playoffs which is however difficult because of the new alignments. but they sure have some really good additions in the form of Odam and butler. Odam has especially been really impressive for some time now.

Karl Malone. What a laugh! No disrespect to him at all because he didn't write the article. As a matter of fact, for an old guy (just talking Basketball age here) , he is still quite studly. BUT alot of 40 somethings out there are look great with their shirts off and are in great cardio - shape.
UNFORTUNATELY....No matter how good Mr. Karl feels and how much experience he has, it will not help one bit when a 20 something can blow past him at will.... This is the N.B.A. we are talking about, and they spend alot of money making sure that those upgrades are made.
Karl Malone. Why don't you just give it up and go home. You can relish the fact that you WERE one of the very best at your positon of all time. Not everyone gets to win the big one. And just because you may happen to position yourself on the team that actualy wins the big one does not really make YOU a champion.