Derrick Rose needs knee surgery (2015-02-24)

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Sam Amick and Marc Spears reporting Rose has medial meniscus tear of right knee, needs surgery (on twitter).

How long is this guy going to last in the NBA with another knee issue now?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
can he just pull a Brandon Roy all ready and call it quits? please D. Rose you yourself talked about having a healthy future and it's obvious that playing basketball is not helping your case here. Hang it up and become a TV analyst or work for the Bulls organization in another capacity. With all that being said, the Cavs are now the Eastern Conference Champions without any competition out there, sigh. Here I was hoping the Bulls would come out of the East, should of known better than to pick them, last time I do that.

Wow D-Rose is going in for surgery..again. Probably the most injury prone player since Brandon Roy sadly. It sucks that the Bulls are pretty much stuck with Brooks.

If this had happen before the trade deadline, I could've seen them attempting to trade for the 4-5 PGs that were actually traded.. they might've even traded our pick back + their 1st round pick this year for Collison.

Hope D-Rose recovers.. terrible timing..

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
can he just pull a Brandon Roy all ready and call it quits? please D. Rose you yourself talked about having a healthy future and it's obvious that playing basketball is not helping your case here. Hang it up and become a TV analyst or work for the Bulls organization in another capacity. With all that being said, the Cavs are now the Eastern Conference Champions without any competition out there, sigh. Here I was hoping the Bulls would come out of the East, should of known better than to pick them, last time I do that.
The Humble Mumbler, a TV analyst? :eek:

I really hope ATL or Washington pulls an upset. I think it's safe to say that Derrick Rose is an injury prone player. He just can't stay healthy for whatever reason, and it's unfortunate. I think most people betting on Chicago were Bulls fans.. A lot of fans sort of knew D-Rose is a player who can't stay healthy. Hasn't played an entire full season since the year Boogie was drafted.

Wow D-Rose is going in for surgery..again. Probably the most injury prone player since Brandon Roy sadly. It sucks that the Bulls are pretty much stuck with Brooks.

If this had happen before the trade deadline, I could've seen them attempting to trade for the 4-5 PGs that were actually traded.. they might've even traded our pick back + their 1st round pick this year for Collison.

Hope D-Rose recovers.. terrible timing..
ITʻd take more then that haha, thatʻd be over 20 million a season for 2 years. For a guy that might not even be able to play again!

ITʻd take more then that haha, thatʻd be over 20 million a season for 2 years. For a guy that might not even be able to play again!
Jersey sales and rising cap would make up for it. I didn't mean trade Collison for Rose. Even injured, he'd bring in a lot more money than anyone else on the team healthy..

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I really hope ATL or Washington pulls an upset. I think it's safe to say that Derrick Rose is an injury prone player. He just can't stay healthy for whatever reason, and it's unfortunate. I think most people betting on Chicago were Bulls fans.. A lot of fans sort of knew D-Rose is a player who can't stay healthy. Hasn't played an entire full season since the year Boogie was drafted.
Washington stinks. They can't beat any good teams, they are a treadmill first round team at the moment, which is sad. Atlanta and Toronto better up their games because otherwise the Eastern playoffs are going to be a snooze fest.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
but Stackhouse, Bowen, Hamilton and Chauncey made it...just saying
You appear to be conflating intelligent, but uninteresting with unintelligent and inarticulate. Stackhouse, Bowen, Hamilton and Billups may all be boring, but at least they can string two coherent sentences together.

I've had two isolated lateral meniscus tears (meniscus repair and meniscus removal), and they have never slowed me down. Granted I'm not running around like Rose does, but I was playing soccer at the college level. A meniscus is there to act as a shock absorber and basically prevent you from getting arthritis. If you have a meniscus repair (basically sew the torn piece back), it can take you around 5-8 months to come back from. If you have a meniscus removal (where they clip the piece that is torn out), it can take you around 3-5 weeks to come back from. Ron Artest had a meniscus removal and was back 12 days after his surgery which was considered very fast, but it goes to show that there are worse knee injuries to be had.

It's very rare to not tear your ACL when you tear your meniscus (they call this an isolated meniscus tear), so in that sense, Rose was very fortunate, lucky, in-shape, whatever you want to call it. I don't think this type of injury is all that serious when it comes to his performance. Yeah, it sucks that he's had 3 knee injuries, but again, when you look at this injury in isolation, it's a rather easy injury to come back from.

I'm not a doctor. This is just me sharing my experiences, so if a doctor wants to come in and refute anything I have said, be my guest...

Last edited:
I've had two isolated lateral meniscus tears (meniscus repair and meniscus removal), and they have never slowed me down. Granted I'm not running around like Rose does, but I was playing soccer at the college level. A meniscus is there to act as a shock absorber and basically prevent you from getting arthritis. If you have a meniscus repair (basically sew the torn piece back), it can take you around 5-8 months to come back from. If you have a meniscus removal (where they clip the piece that is torn out), it can take you around 3-5 weeks to come back from. Ron Artest had a meniscus removal and was back 12 days after his surgery which was considered very fast, but it goes to show that there are worse knee injuries to be had.

It's very rare to not tear your ACL when you tear your meniscus (they call this an isolated meniscus tear), so in that sense, Rose was very fortunate, lucky, in-shape, whatever you want to call it. I don't think this type of injury is all that serious when it comes to his performance. Yeah, it sucks that he's has 3 knee injuries, but again, when you look at this injury in isolation, it's a rather easy injury to come back from.

I'm not a doctor. This is just me sharing my experiences, so if a doctor wants to come in and refute anything I have said, be my guest...
Yeah but 3 knee surgeries in 3 years cant help his milage. I had my ACL/MCL repaired while I was in the army...to keep things short, I'll never sprint again and will get 80% disability the rest of my life.

Yeah but 3 knee surgeries in 3 years cant help his milage. I had my ACL/MCL repaired while I was in the army...to keep things short, I'll never sprint again and will get 80% disability the rest of my life.
No injury helps your mileage, but certain injuries put more mileage on than others.

Yep and that's an ACL/MCL tear. Much more serious than a meniscus tear.

EDIT: FYI Westbrook's knee injury was an isolated meniscus tear as well. He seems to have made quite the comeback with no residual effects that I can see.