DeMarcus Cousins/Isaiah Thomas back to the kings? (speculation)

We should consider signing Boogie and bringing him back to the Kings. All his enemies are now gone from the organization and he's close with Fox (Kentucky Alums). He could teach Bagley some toughness and bring some grit back to this team of nice guys. We can sign him cheap and he has had over a year to get fully healthy.
Isaiah has been done dirty and still a good player. He average 12 points shooting 40% from 3 in just 23 mins a game in Washington. He has also announced he is now fully healthy and pain free for the first time in years. I don't wanna hear about defense he would be a huge upgrade over Joseph as the back up pg.
They both could be huge pieces for us that can be easily acquired and would be a great story. Imagine two Kings legends coming back to finally get the team back into the playoffs.
Projected lineup (more moves would probably be done)
Fox/Thomas/Joseph
Bogi/Buddy/Jeffries
Barnes/Vassel/ James
Bagley/Belly/Parker
Cousins/Holmes

That second unit would be great, I think this team could contend for a playoff spot if healthy. What do you think?

We should consider signing Boogie and bringing him back to the Kings. All his enemies are now gone from the organization and he's close with Fox (Kentucky Alums). He could teach Bagley some toughness and bring some grit back to this team of nice guys. We can sign him cheap and he has had over a year to get fully healthy.
Isaiah has been done dirty and still a good player. He average 12 points shooting 40% from 3 in just 23 mins a game in Washington. He has also announced he is now fully healthy and pain free for the first time in years. I don't wanna hear about defense he would be a huge upgrade over Joseph as the back up pg.
They both could be huge pieces for us that can be easily acquired and would be a great story. Imagine two Kings legends coming back to finally get the team back into the playoffs.
Projected lineup (more moves would probably be done)
Fox/Thomas/Joseph
Bogi/Buddy/Jeffries
Barnes/Vassel/ James
Bagley/Belly/Parker
Cousins/Holmes

That second unit would be great, I think this team could contend for a playoff spot if healthy. What do you think?
I recon most folk on these boards would say we have travelled that road and no thank you.
Personally if Cousins could stay healthy and quit saying Feed Me then I would love seeing him back. IT delivers a mean pizza so again if healthy and willing to assume a reserve role than why not.

Since when did Thomas (and to a lesser extent Cousins) become "Kings legends"? And do you actually have any proof that he and Fox are close aside from them being Kentucky Alums 6-7 years apart?

I am also not banking on having half-broken Cousins survive more than half the season playing up-tempo with Fox, unless the plan is to ZBo 2.0 this team.

Sign me up for Tyreke and Donte though. And that random dude Westphal had us running successful out-of-bounds lobs for. And Hilton Armstrong/Sean May to space the floor.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Since when did Thomas (and to a lesser extent Cousins) become "Kings legends"? And do you actually have any proof that he and Fox are close aside from them being Kentucky Alums 6-7 years apart?

I am also not banking on having half-broken Cousins survive more than half the season playing up-tempo with Fox, unless the plan is to ZBo 2.0 this team.

Sign me up for Tyreke and Donte though. And that random dude Westphal had us running successful out-of-bounds lobs for. And Hilton Armstrong/Sean May to space the floor.
Luther Head probably willing to come out of retirement if it meant a paycheck

Thomas, a fan favorite and are pizza guy is definitely a legend in my book. He was the last pick in the draft and undersized but became one of our best players of the era. Our best point guards in the last 20 years, BibbyThomas now Fox.
Boogie is probably the best draft pick we’ve ever had and our best player for 7 years where he established himself as the best center in the league. Not to mention everything he did in the community so yes I consider them Kings legends.
As far as Fox and Cousins being close, what about Boogie hyping fox, saying Lonzo don’t want smoke with him, commenting on Fox ig post, and giving him advice,etc. Or Fox wearing Cousins clothing brand and refusing to talk bad about him showing signs they walk and have a relationship.
Neither Thomas nor Cousins would be go to guys as this is Fox’s team now and they would play their roles. Idk why y’all acting like their useless when injured Boogie and Thomas still put up solid numbers and should be healthy now.

Thomas, a fan favorite and are pizza guy is definitely a legend in my book. He was the last pick in the draft and undersized but became one of our best players of the era. Our best point guards in the last 20 years, BibbyThomas now Fox.
Boogie is probably the best draft pick we’ve ever had and our best player for 7 years where he established himself as the best center in the league. Not to mention everything he did in the community so yes I consider them Kings legends.
As far as Fox and Cousins being close, what about Boogie hyping fox, saying Lonzo don’t want smoke with him, commenting on Fox ig post, and giving him advice,etc. Or Fox wearing Cousins clothing brand and refusing to talk bad about him showing signs they walk and have a relationship.
Neither Thomas nor Cousins would be go to guys as this is Fox’s team now and they would play their roles. Idk why y’all acting like their useless when injured Boogie and Thomas still put up solid numbers and should be healthy now.
The point being brought up about ZBo ball 2.0 is very valid with Cuz tho...he’s not coming back to be a bench warmer. And IT is fine and all but we could be back in the same situation we are with Joseph, good back up but too slow and unathletic to push the pace

The point being brought up about ZBo ball 2.0 is very valid with Cuz tho...he’s not coming back to be a bench warmer. And IT is fine and all but we could be back in the same situation we are with Joseph, good back up but too slow and unathletic to push the pace
Thomas is shifty and has underrated athleticism. And unlike Joseph he is a good scorer. I think cousins has cut weight since his injuries and would be faster than Zbo who was never played at a high pace. Plus it’s not like we play that fast anymore with Walton.

Isn't Tyreke banned from the NBA forever for an undisclosed drugs violation? I don't believe he's out of the league due to injuries. Which is even sadder.
I know. If he was abusing drugs, then I hope he's able to move on from that.

There is a video of him working out somewhere. I've just always had a soft spot for Tyreke, if we kept him at point guard I think he might have been a good player in this league. Sad situation.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I know. If he was abusing drugs, then I hope he's able to move on from that.

There is a video of him working out somewhere. I've just always had a soft spot for Tyreke, if we kept him at point guard I think he might have been a good player in this league. Sad situation.
Before the injuries and the legion of bad coaches trying to play him off the ball for some reason, the dude was the deadliest downhill scorer I have ever seen. I can only hope that he uses this time banned from the league to get his mind and body clean and healthy and then the right team takes a chance on him *coughcough*the Heat*coughcough*

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Honestly, if IT is healthy it wouldn't be a bad bargain signing if there aren't other teams driving up his price.

Joseph clearly isn't the answer as the backup PG and more scoring out of the second unit is never a bad thing. After all, it was only four years ago (and according to Thomas, the last time he was healthy) that he put up nearly 29 ppg and he's still only 31.

I've always loved Boogie but that chapter is closed. Hopefully he's able to stay healthy and continue playing elsewhere.

Honestly, if IT is healthy it wouldn't be a bad bargain signing if there aren't other teams driving up his price.

Joseph clearly isn't the answer as the backup PG and more scoring out of the second unit is never a bad thing. After all, it was only four years ago (and according to Thomas, the last time he was healthy) that he put up nearly 29 ppg and he's still only 31.

I've always loved Boogie but that chapter is closed. Hopefully he's able to stay healthy and continue playing elsewhere.
Thanks for an actual response, good takes. I agree Thomas would be the more likely signing. If not the Kings would love to see Boogie on the Bucks.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Isaiah can kick rocks, his Napoleon Complex always bugged me. I’d love Boogie back. I don’t know if he still has anything, I don’t know how he improves us, but I straight up don’t care. The Kings aren’t going to be good, so may as well have my favorite player on the roster.

dude12

Hall of Famer
This team is no where close to being good enough to sign aging and broken down players and I love Boogie but this is a Terrible idea. Fill the open spots with young players Who can fit with our team.